John Brayford

Shamblez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So our only defender of real quality is gone. Will the club spend every single penny of that money, minus what they have to pass on to Crewe etc, on a decent replacement? It really sticks in the throat to see our best players leaving, especially when they go to a 'one season wonder' club like Cardiff, who will be back in the Championship this time next season. Losing Brayford will massively impact our already slim promotion chances. Hate us being a bloody selling club - it's like supporting **** like Barnsley or Crewe. Not having a dig at Clough or the board but its really pissed me off.

Not sure why so many folks are surprised about this, was obvious that Rush had only sanctioned money for Russell on the basis that Brayford was going out of the door at some juncture

so we've spent it all before we got it?

Come back Billy Davies!

Clough out!

Just read the link on the BBC website, right next to it is a link to a story the other day where Clough was saying he was hopeful of Brayford signing a new deal. Just like I am hopeful of winning the lottery this weekend. Someone has been telling you porkies Nige.

What a load of old rubbish some people talk. Brayford didn't want to sign a new contract, next summer he would have walked for nothing. £2 million is a great bit of business and we won't suffer defensively for losing Brayford, we might even be tighter with a fullback who doesn't get caught out of position. Lets buy a centre half and give Freeman the chance he has earned.

Thank you John, hope you do well, but if you wanted to go then cheerio, close the door on your way out.

I would have said 'board out' if they had turned it down and next January he had signed a pre-contract agreement to join another club in the summer. That really would have been madness, no Championship club can throw two million quid down the drain. We can strengthen the spine of the side which is most important.

. Why did he want to leave I don't get it if we are going to push for top 6. We are a bigger club than Cardiff. Doesn't make sense. 1300 k is not a lot when you consider we payed 1000k for Brayford and Bailey. Cloughie has made Brayford a better player and now he goes. Baptiste Sam where's he gone.

makes total sense for me, clearly doesn't want to be here, as stated would only go if prem team came in. And I'm sorry I don't buy we're a bigger club than so and so any more, we are a mid table championship team with saleable assets, one thing that does concern is that do we get to spend the pennies? Good business and a decent profit for a lad in final year.

I agree it's good money and we shouldn't deny the guy the chance to play in the Premier.

BUT ...

I'd like to see us re-invest some of that money and soon. Last season we let in far too many goals and our defence is notw weakened due to this sale.

I don;t believe Freeman is necessarily the answer, he is inexperienced. An older head for around a million, arrving next week would be my preference, especially with the season only 10 days away.

Contrary to reports elsewhere, I understand the fee for Brayford is £1.5m down plus add-ons for appearances/Cardiff staying up ... #dcfc

... that takes the deal to around £2m, plus Derby also have a sell-on clause #dcfc #dcfcfans @dcfcofficial @CardiffCityFC

1.5 million plus add ons doesn't sound as healthy as £2 million especially if one of clauses is Cardiff staying up....

Archived