John Brayford

Shamblez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I find particularly disappointing about the whole affair is that Clough must have known Brayford had no intention of staying despite him being "hopeful" ergo Brayford thought our chances of being in the Premiership the season after next was nil so jumped ship. So if one of our players thinks we have no chance next season then nothing more to say.

They get 15% of profit, not fee.

15% of fee = 225k

15% of profit if we signed him for 500k = 150k

15% of fee if Sam Rush can wangle it and say Bray was 1mil and Bailey was free = 75k

Worst case scenario we get £1.25m

Best we get £1.425m

But likely we will get somewhere between £1.35m and £1.4m depending on how much we actually signed him for, seeing as we dont know.

Don't see what the problem with this clause is, we've got one for when they sell him, and playing a year at prem level will no doubt increase his value. If Cardiff go down and sell him for £4mil, we get a chunk.

Taken from the Telegraph

“Derby are committed to continuing to strengthen the squad in advance of the 2013/14 season and expect additions to be made in due course.”

Means nothing. Could be a couple more John Eustace free transfers on one year contract.

. I keep saying we paid 1Mill for him and Bailey and Crewe get 15 percent of fee. Anyway I'm off. Still a poor deal for me as you can bet your bottom dollar that we won't see many in comings.

1 million for two players, and we sell one of them for 1.5m going up to 2m and that's a bad deal? Bloody good deal if you ask me, agree though that concerned we won't see a penny going into team

1.5 million plus add ons doesn't sound as healthy as £2 million especially if one of clauses is Cardiff staying up....

If Brayford does well and Cardiff go down, that sell on clause may be worth more than the add-ons anyway.  Roger Johnson and Scott Dann both went for £5m+ after one season in the prem - Brayford could easily do the same.

£2m > nothing.

Is his value to the team for one year £2m?

I love him and he's the best right back I've seen play for derby.

What if this transfer facilitates the signing of 3 players? Suppose we will have to see.

Good fee if we use it to improve the squad

If we sign no one, we might as well have kept him.

Reserve judgement until September 1st

If Brayford does well and Cardiff go down, that sell on clause may be worth more than the add-ons anyway.  Roger Johnson and Scott Dann both went for £5m+ after one season in the prem - Brayford could easily do the same.

Two, and in the first they made a lot of pundits team of the years. The season after Dann was injured a lot. 

I guess time will tell, unfair to jump on the club tonight with the lack of investment/ambition drama, the bid has only been announced a few hours ago.

I'll give them till dinner time tomorrow before I request they leave immediately.

We will never know if there is truth in the 1.5 rejected holding out for 2 million as it is all speculation.

However 2 million would be very good for the club. (Unless the rumoured 25% goes to Burton)

Hope you are wrong there, remember this post somehow.

£1.5 million plus add ons (which may never materialise). We paid what? £1 million for Brayford and Bailey? Well Bailey we won't get anything for so essentially that's a profit of £500k.  Of which Crewe and Burton get a cut.

Might, for the sake of £500k, it have been better to have kept him and played him in what was hopefully a good push for promotion, bearing in mind his value to the team? We are certainly a much stronger outfit with him than without him.

But who is to deny him the chance to play in the Premiership and if he wants to go, there seems little point in keeping him, and how stupid would we have felt if we'd refused it all, only for him to pick up a long-term injury? Likewise when we're midtable in Jan and we get £300k for him, we would all look back and think it was the wrong decision.

Fact is, in this kind of situation you're damned if you do, damned if you don't as far as the club is concerned. Much will depend on what happens to the money.

I wish him well, I'm probably more disappointed to see him leave than I have with any Derby player for a long time as I think he's out best player, but I expected it. At least it gives us time to deal in the market rather than it happen just as the window closes. Let's hope he makes those appearances and Cardiff stay up.

Not sure why so many folks are surprised about this, was obvious that Rush had only sanctioned money for Russell on the basis that Brayford was going out of the door at some juncture

What a load of crap. This money is being reinvested, as both the club and those connected to the club have said. It's not like they can even spin that, we'll know roughly how much they've spent on any future incomings.

Trolls aside, I'm disappointed, very disappointed. Thought for sure he'd stay, given how close it is to the actual season. Buy a lower league back-up RB and a quality CB though and I'll be more than pleased, a CB is much more important in the grand scheme of things than a RB. I have faith in Freeman too.

Archived