John Brayford

Shamblez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

previous years we would have took the £1m from Wigan, Sam Rush and whoever was involved did pretty well to get £2m for a player who's 1. out of contract and 2. untried at Premiership level.

as long as the money is spent on a replacement and a CB, I'm fine with it.

Best of luck to Brayford, been a pleasure watching him play, wish him all the best! 

Taking emotions out of it, it's a good piece of business.

If the 2million is reinvested wisely for a RB and a new CB we should be ok.

John is a good defender and a good attacking threat, we don't need the attacking threat as much with a replacement but a good/very good defensive RB bring in a good CB to replace the 'average' Buxton (wow, I know blasphemy) and you have improved your back 4 which was our weakest point last year.

Official site article:

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-accept-brayford-bid-944832.aspx

Defender on the brink of a move to the Premier League.

Derby County Football Club has today accepted a bid from Premier League Cardiff City for defender John Brayford.

After holding discussions with the player, who is entering the final year of his contract, the offer has been accepted after he expressed a strong desire to make the move and test himself at the highest level of English football.

The fee is to remain undisclosed and the player has been given permission to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical.

It is expected Brayford will complete the formalities of the transfer on Friday.

Derby are committed to continuing to strengthen the squad in advance of the 2013/14 season and expect additions to be made in due course.

That's really poor business Rams. But I suppose it would be worse to let him go for nothing at end of the season. Top 6 not sure lol

Really? Well I'm glad we have Clough/Rush in charge of things instead of you then!

Been a very good player for us but we bought him for a pittance, had 3 good seasons out of him and sell him on at a profit.

Running down his contract and getting £0 would have been bad business.

Archived