Derby County v Brighton & Hove Albion

Hucknall Ram

Sammon has to start for me. We look so much better, we spent the majority of 60 minutes chasing the ball on Wednesday as Theo's ball retention is horrific, with Sammon up with him it'll work much better. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't start. I can't see any reason why we won't play 4-4-2 with him and Theo up front other than trying to fit Hughes into a central role.

Ball retention!! Sammon??? Take it you didnt watch his performance v Forest then? It was 30 mins before he actually won a header..twice he jumped for the ball about 3 feet away from where the ball actually was. I hope..nay I PRAY he comes good for us but I have a feeling Nige has dropped a complete bollok on this one.

Seagulls swan off back south with 3 points im afraid.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ball retention!! Sammon??? Take it you didnt watch his performance v Forest then? It was 30 mins before he actually won a header..twice he jumped for the ball about 3 feet away from where the ball actually was. I hope..nay I PRAY he comes good for us but I have a feeling Nige has dropped a complete bollok on this one.

sammon'll come good. he didnt look very good against forest.... but there wasnt that much football played. he would be awkward as f*ck to play against. his physical presence alone is the difference...or that and his work rate. he's due a goal mind

Bah, I'm tumbling down that prediction league...I'll have to sack myself...nah, sod it, I'll just give myself a vote of confidence.

On the bright side, two clean sheets in six days, 5 points out of 9, I'll settle for that, could have been worse.

I hate international breaks mind, disrupt momentum.

That is all.

a very meh performance.

Lego played well so did the back 4 minus O'Connor midfield was alright and sammon wasn't very good today.

didn't look the same side without Hughes so hopefully hes back for the next game

felt sorry for theo didn't play well but was out wide and out of position.

i thought we could have won today if we went for it a bit more but i'll take a point.

and the ref was shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

oh yeah brayford motm

Yeah, ball retention. If you think Theo has better ball retention than Sammon then you've been on smack mate I'm sorry. It's not even opinion, it's fact. Theo Robinson is a fantastic goalscorer but he's a joke of a footballer. One of the worst "footballers" I've ever seen!

Yeah Sammon was wasteful for spells against Forest but out of the 8 games I've seen him play he's certainly been far better than anyone else we have!

Just got back, poor game. Sammon struggled without support around him, won almost every ball that went to his head or chest but nobody to supply the lay off to. Poor with the ball at his feet.

John Brayford was absolutely brilliant today. Coutts needs to work on his crosses, as does everybody, and why not shoot sometimes? Nobody wanted to score.

Leggers: Very good keeper, demanded his area well. Enough to take Frankie's spot against Blackburn?

Brayford: My MOTM, very good at going forward. Hope he's back to his best as he's been average so far this season.

Keogh: Typical Keogh really, solid game.

Bucko: Again, very solid.

O'Connor: Poor for me, I'm not a fan. Thought we missed Roberts.

Coutts: Looked tired, set pieces was poor again.

Hendrick: Poor. Lost the ball a few times. Looked tired.

Hughes: Hughes wasn't really in the game first half. Made some okay passers though.

Bryson: Thought he was average today, played well when he had to.

Theo: NOT A WINGER! Why Clough was playing him on the wing I don't know. Should of started Jacobs.

Sammon: Battled well, but every ball coming to him bounced off him. Will play better in a 4-4-2 imo.

(Jacobs: Had a good game when he came on, got some good crossers in.)

(Bavies: Again, average, can't really comment on him as he hardly had a touch of the ball.)

Archived