Derby County v Brighton & Hove Albion

Hucknall Ram

We've got no chance of making the play-offs.

We have no goal scorer.

Derby do have strikers but when Clough doesnt play them in the position that increases their chances of scoring then there's not much they can do. Theo at times was covering Brayford today!! Clough IS tactically inept.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby do have strikers but when Clough doesnt play them in the position that increases their chances of scoring then there's not much they can do. Theo at times was covering Brayford today!! Clough IS tactically inept.

I'm sorry, even if Theo did play up front, we wouldn't get into the play-offs. We need a proper goal scorer, not someone who 'might' score.

As I said to Ambitious earlier, imagine if Doyle would have put a performance like that in today on the wing (out of position), there wouldn't be any Clough bashing at all. There would be rewards for Connors head all over Derby though. Yeah Theo, and Doyle for that matter, is wasted out wide but he's got to be doing better than that garbage.

I just hope we don't abandon trying to play football in the hope of looking for points.

Brighton are better than us. Better to watch and they'll finish higher. And there's reason to believe they could be in the Premiership one day soon.

They didn't get like this over night though. They have developed a way of playing and stick to it. They won't change under Poyet.

I hope we are on the same track.

I hope Ward is back soon. I don't mind Theo up front (out the way!). Asking him to be involved in patient possession build up play is like asking Fielding to come off his line. 'No can do'

Sooner rather than later a CM (Hughes I hope) will have to do more in attack in terms of actually getting close and running beyond Sammon. They can even shoot from distance once in a while. God knows Ward wastes enough build ups doing it.

I like Paul Coutts, he's been our best player so far this season in my opinion.

We saw what it was like without him against Huddersfield. He did look tired today, and the set pieces in his last 2 games have been poor, but other than that, he's been outstanding.

I can't believe what i'm reading.

I can't believe what i'm reading.

I think he's closer to being our player of the season so far than "garbage" though JW.

We must watch different games. Did you seen him at Wolves? Even midweek Vs Boro.. he played great. Thats not mentioning the obvious Watford performance. Far from garbage.

JW I'm fascinated what is Coutts

doing wrong in your opinion.

First 30 mins today, gave the ball away stupidly at least 8 times and never won it back, lots of loose passes early on and when he didnt do the pointless short corner and crossed it instead the majority were poor.

Coutts made the winner against Red Dogs and scored equaliser against Boro JW. I think you're having us on.

Yeah i've already mentioned that, but apart from that he has been poor imo. His worst performance of the season was at forest, but fair play to him, he still set up the winner. I hope he proves me wrong but i just can't see it happening..

Archived