Derby County v Brighton & Hove Albion

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the place.

Passionless, half empty, ugly disco hall it's become.

Why do people turn into spastics when they get on a big screen? 'OMG I'm on telly!'...... yeah, so is Jedward.

Goal music

Gay ball boy waving

'come on yoooouuuu raaaaams'

'West Stand make some noise'

'you don't know what you're doing' followed by 'Nigel, give us a wave'

'booooo'

'loyal supporters'

Ripple of applause when we score.

If the Baseball Ground with it's 18,000 crowd could see Pride Park and it's 25,000 disco audience, what would it say.

I wish we won more away. That way Pride Park wouldn't be worth bothering with. There's more togetherness, passion and noise from 400 people at Hull on a Tuesday night. Less arrogance too.

I wish we were away,

I wish we were awaaaay

Pride Park is asoulessbowlicringein

I wish we were away

It’s been noticeably quieter this season.

I think we’re doing about as well as we should be given the level of funding and we’ll probably end up somewhere between 12th and 16th. A bit of luck with injuries and we might even make the top half and trouble the top 6 for brief periods of time. We’re certainly playing better football this season and we have a new star in the making.

Yet PP is on the slide in terms of attendances. This could be down to the recession as it’s the same for other clubs. But the atmosphere at PP seems even worse than it was last season. Even Derby football fan forums, including this one, seem much quieter than previous seasons and I don’t think that’s likely to be due to the recession.

Maybe people are getting a bit bored with it all - as well as being a bit skint.

It’s been noticeably quieter this season.

I think we’re doing about as well as we should be given the level of funding and we’ll probably end up somewhere between 12th and 16th. A bit of luck with injuries and we might even make the top half and trouble the top 6 for brief periods of time. We’re certainly playing better football this season and we have a new star in the making.

Yet PP is on the slide in terms of attendances. This could be down to the recession as it’s the same for other clubs. But the atmosphere at PP seems even worse than it was last season. Even Derby football fan forums, including this one, seem much quieter than previous seasons and I don’t think that’s likely to be due to the recession.

Maybe people are getting a bit bored with it all - as well as being a bit skint.

That could be because people are bored of just competing for mid table of the championship. We need investment, thats somthing that would get the fans excited again, Signing accomplished players that make you think that we could actualy get promoted instead of knowing we are playin jus to finish average in the champ.

My lad had a great time as mascot and the club looked after him marvellously.I enjoyed it too.A good experience.We saw Fielding in the players lounge at about 1.30.He looked absolutely furious.We asked why he wasnt playing and he said he had groin strain.He didnt look happy at all though.I guessed he said he was ok to play but clough ruled him out,or/and he realised he may have lost his place for a while.

As for he game,it was bloody awful.Theo robinson shouldnt be on the bench,let alone starting.Keogh was solid again.

As for the pride park atmosphere...there isnt one.It only comes to life when we play fo**st.Give me the Baseball ground any day.

Haven't said anything on this thread yet, but I'm surprised at how many people were dissapointing about the result or thought we were crap.

Both teams cancelled each other out. But this was Brighton, not Barnsley. They're going to be at the sharp end of the Championship in April.

Any neutral who saw Derby for the first time in that game would agree that we looked no better or worse than them. If we can hold our own against Brighton, we have nothing to fear in this league.

But of course, we're probably going to lose 3-1 at home to Milwall at some point.

Haven't said anything on this thread yet, but I'm surprised at how many people were dissapointing about the result or thought we were crap.

Both teams cancelled each other out. But this was Brighton, not Barnsley. They're going to be at the sharp end of the Championship in April.

Any neutral who saw Derby for the first time in that game would agree that we looked no better or worse than them. If we can hold our own against Brighton, we have nothing to fear in this league.

But of course, we're probably going to lose 3-1 at home to Milwall at some point.

Last day of the season.. we'll be safe. (touch wood)

I'd have been chuffed if we were holding our own against Brighton away, as it happens we were at home so my reaction is a resounding "meh". But now, such is our midtable paralysis, a point to a potential top 6 / top 10 side has to be accepted as a good result at home. Onwards and ... midtable as they say.

From a neutrals point of view,my dad watched his first match in a stadium for over 20 years.He doesnt support Derby,never has (but he has always waned them to do well).He told me it was terrible and he wouldnt go again if the ticket was free.

I can see where you get your happy world view from.

From a neutrals point of view,my dad watched his first match in a stadium for over 20 years.He doesnt support Derby,never has (but he has always waned them to do well).He told me it was terrible and he wouldnt go again if the ticket was free.

I guess he's in luck then as they aren't giving as many away this season. The atmosphere was rubbish, I accept that. But go to 90 per cent of Championship games as an observer and it would have been the same I reckon,

I guess he's in luck then as they aren't giving as many away this season. The atmosphere was rubbish, I accept that. But go to 90 per cent of Championship games as an observer and it would have been the same I reckon,

he only went to see my lad as mascot.He used to watch football regularly in the 60,70s and 80s but he found saturdays game lifeless and boring.I couldnt argue with him really

he only went to see my lad as mascot.He used to watch football regularly in the 60,70s and 80s but he found saturdays game lifeless and boring.I couldnt argue with him really

Nope, me neither, but there were plenty of games we've all been to down the years at the baseball ground that were just as boring, and played out in front of a crowd half Saturday's size and just as quiet. I agree that it's become the norm at derby though. And I have no idea how the atmosphere can be improved other than somehow having a team that's properly pushing for promotion.

When you get a mediocre, mid table team, you get fans with a mediocre, mid table approach to watching it.

Archived