Derby County v Brighton & Hove Albion

Hucknall Ram

First time Brighton haven't won away from home this season - a good point I think

Apart from when hull beat them 1 nil.

A good point for what we are, a mid table team playing someone who aspirations of making it to the prem this year.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, ball retention. If you think Theo has better ball retention than Sammon then you've been on smack mate I'm sorry. It's not even opinion, it's fact. Theo Robinson is a fantastic goalscorer but he's a joke of a footballer. One of the worst "footballers" I've ever seen!

Yeah Sammon was wasteful for spells against Forest but out of the 8 games I've seen him play he's certainly been far better than anyone else we have!

Did I say ANYTHING at all about Theo having better ball rentention? Did I? Show me where I said that!!!!!

Also I lost a friend a few years ago to smack so please think before you start writing stuff like this.

I just hope we don't abandon trying to play football in the hope of looking for points.

Brighton are better than us. Better to watch and they'll finish higher. And there's reason to believe they could be in the Premiership one day soon.

They didn't get like this over night though. They have developed a way of playing and stick to it. They won't change under Poyet.

I hope we are on the same track.

I hope Ward is back soon. I don't mind Theo up front (out the way!). Asking him to be involved in patient possession build up play is like asking Fielding to come off his line. 'No can do'

Sooner rather than later a CM (Hughes I hope) will have to do more in attack in terms of actually getting close and running beyond Sammon. They can even shoot from distance once in a while. God knows Ward wastes enough build ups doing it.

Brighton will finish mid-table. Strong at the back but lacking pace in attacking areas.

Much too negative from Clough today. Over-rating the opponents is a regular failing of his, they were there for the beating today and we were too scared to go for it. With the thin squad he might regret these squandered home points as the injuries and suspensions tot up over the winter. That's 3 home games we could have won and have not and the manager's caution in my opinion is a big factor.

Battered in the first half, ultimately should have won right at the end. Respectable point against a good team.

Robinson had a stinker out wide, was a worthwhile gamble because he has so much pace but today it became clear he can only play through the middle.

Coutts is quickly becoming one of our most important players. Comfortable on the ball, attacking, good delivery. Thought he had another good game. Most of our good attacking play goes through him. I like that he can play in the middle as well as out wide.

All I thought we missed today is a finisher. I really like Sammon and he does alot of the horrible donkey work - tackling, holding the ball up, hassling, but he's not a finisher. We need to address it pronto. Someone you could put your house on in a one on one situation. A Chopra, a Sharp.

Encouraging signs - we attacked them right to the end. We could easily have sat on a point and run the ball in to the corner, but the intent was there.

Also, no Roberts, Fielding or Ward and we didn't look bad. It's strength in depth we haven't had in previous seasons.

Frustrating, but reasons to be cheeful.

I like Coutts but he was poor first half, better in the second, gave it was soo many times in the first half.

Dont like O'Connor at full back, he's too slow, any half decent winger will have his pants down, Brayford quality today though.

Sammon is never worth £1million +, he is a handful but he's got the * and he's so f*cking awkward, arms and legs all over the place. Our passing game is badly effected by having him and Robinson in the side, neither have a clue with the ball at there feet and with Sammon not being able to finish, i dont really see what he offers as a million pound player?

I'd like to see Hughes played further up the pitch, i rate Hughes but everyones getting a bit carried away w*nking him off for playing a few tidy passes from a deep position. You get so much time on the ball in that position, i could keep possession without many problems. He's got the talent to cause the opposition more problems imo.

Brighton were decent but lacked pace, i know they had Mackail Smith out, Buckley went off but although Orlandi, Lopez etc are all good footballers, they're too slow. Dunno why they didnt bring Lua Lua on, he terrorised us at there place last year, good player imo. If they can get Buckley and Vicente out regularly they'll be near the top.

Forgot how f*cking cringey going to Pride Park is, some tosser camera man going across the crowd with that soppy c*nt saying, 'give us a wave'. Desperately wanted him to put the camera on me so i could tell him to f*ck off. And those ball boys having to do that jog across the pitch, poor lads, felt embarassed for them, they looked f*cked by the time they had finished that marathon, having to wave as well, christ.

Did I say ANYTHING at all about Theo having better ball rentention? Did I? Show me where I said that!!!!!

Also I lost a friend a few years ago to smack so please think before you start writing stuff like this.

No you're right, just sounded to me like you were fighting anyone but Sammon's corner and after talking about Theo I automatically thought him, wrongly. In the context what I was on about, Sammons ball retention is good. Some touches and lay offs are awful but the majority of his hold up play and link up play is good.

I'm sorry to hear about that mate, apologies.

Forgot how f*cking cringey going to Pride Park is, some tosser camera man going across the crowd with that soppy c*nt saying, 'give us a wave'. Desperately wanted him to put the camera on me so i could tell him to f*ck off. And those ball boys having to do that jog across the pitch, poor lads, felt embarassed for them, they looked f*cked by the time they had finished that marathon, having to wave as well, christ.

I hate the place.

Passionless, half empty, ugly disco hall it's become.

Why do people turn into spastics when they get on a big screen? 'OMG I'm on telly!'...... yeah, so is Jedward.

Goal music

Gay ball boy waving

'come on yoooouuuu raaaaams'

'West Stand make some noise'

'you don't know what you're doing' followed by 'Nigel, give us a wave'

'booooo'

'loyal supporters'

Ripple of applause when we score.

If the Baseball Ground with it's 18,000 crowd could see Pride Park and it's 25,000 disco audience, what would it say.

I wish we won more away. That way Pride Park wouldn't be worth bothering with. There's more togetherness, passion and noise from 400 people at Hull on a Tuesday night. Less arrogance too.

I wish we were away,

I wish we were awaaaay

Pride Park is asoulessbowlicringein

I wish we were away

As I said to Ambitious earlier, imagine if Doyle would have put a performance like that in today on the wing (out of position), there wouldn't be any Clough bashing at all. There would be rewards for Connors head all over Derby though. Yeah Theo, and Doyle for that matter, is wasted out wide but he's got to be doing better than that garbage.

That's a little unfair. Doyle hasn't has one half decent game for Derby yet, whilst Robinson has had many. Robinson has proven himself and the fans know what he can do when played in the correct position. Doyle has proven neither. Infact he has proven on a number of occasions, that he isn't very good.

Theo- liked for his work-rate and goal scoring.

Doyle- disliked for his poor performances and poor work-rate.

I understand that you are only being supportive of the lad, but if you're going to make wild presumptions, then atleast think of things from both sides of the argument. Also, just to clarify, I'm not defending Theo, I'm defending the people on here who you are criticising.

is anyone scoring for fun in the lower leagues? seeing as that's the only place we look,

So I'm thinking this is a dig at the management and a dig at purchasing lower league players.Here's a piece of homework for you mate.

Question 1: Who is the Championships top scorer this season?

Question 2: How many goals has he Scored this season?

Question 3: What 5 clubs had he previously played for?

Question 4: How many of those teams are lower league teams?

Question 5: Would you have him?

Thought we looked loads better with Jacobs and Bavies tbh from that point on the team looked balanced Bavies and Brayford on the right work well

I can't say I agree with that tbh. Ben Davies made a few really poor passes when he came on, I mean, really simple ones. Also, Brayford and Davies' communication was non-existent. Brayford stood by the line for about 5 seconds waiting for Davies to become available, all he had to do was move 10 yards to his right but because he didn't, Brayford had to pass it back to Keogh instead. It's simple positioning, and he couldn't get it right.

I like Coutts but he was poor first half, better in the second, gave it was soo many times in the first half.

Dont like O'Connor at full back, he's too slow, any half decent winger will have his pants down, Brayford quality today though.

Sammon is never worth £1million +, he is a handful but he's got the * and he's so f*cking awkward, arms and legs all over the place. Our passing game is badly effected by having him and Robinson in the side, neither have a clue with the ball at there feet and with Sammon not being able to finish, i dont really see what he offers as a million pound player?

I'd like to see Hughes played further up the pitch, i rate Hughes but everyones getting a bit carried away w*nking him off for playing a few tidy passes from a deep position. You get so much time on the ball in that position, i could keep possession without many problems. He's got the talent to cause the opposition more problems imo.

Brighton were decent but lacked pace, i know they had Mackail Smith out, Buckley went off but although Orlandi, Lopez etc are all good footballers, they're too slow. Dunno why they didnt bring Lua Lua on, he terrorised us at there place last year, good player imo. If they can get Buckley and Vicente out regularly they'll be near the top.

I've got to agree with most of that, but just give Sammon a little time before you judge him. How long did it take for Howard and Hulse to prove themselves?

I hate the place.

Passionless, half empty, ugly disco hall it's become.

Why do people turn into spastics when they get on a big screen? 'OMG I'm on telly!'...... yeah, so is Jedward.

Goal music

Gay ball boy waving

'come on yoooouuuu raaaaams'

'West Stand make some noise'

'you don't know what you're doing' followed by 'Nigel, give us a wave'

'booooo'

'loyal supporters'

Ripple of applause when we score.

If the Baseball Ground with it's 18,000 crowd could see Pride Park and it's 25,000 disco audience, what would it say.

I wish we won more away. That way Pride Park wouldn't be worth bothering with. There's more togetherness, passion and noise from 400 people at Hull on a Tuesday night. Less arrogance too.

I wish we were away,

I wish we were awaaaay

Pride Park is asoulessbowlicringein

I wish we were away

Rammie.

Rammie running onto the pitch waving the flag.

Rammie thinking he's important enough to get the crowd going.

Steve Bloomer's Watching played 10 minutes before kick-off.

Chants about Forest when we're not playing Forest.

The SE Corner starting a chant at the same time the rest of the ground are booing the ref.

And also, the sun reflecting off the top of the advertising boards, now that's annoying.

So I'm thinking this is a dig at the management and a dig at purchasing lower league players.Here's a piece of homework for you mate.

Charlie Austin

Lots

One previous club Swindon (according to soccer base)

Lower league club

Yes

Charlie austin

Thatcham town, kintbury ranger, Hungerford town, Poole town, Swindon town

Yes! In an instant!

And it wasn't a dig at the management. I couldn't care less where we buy our players from as long as they can perform for us.

It was just a question.

So think before you assume. I never criticise the manager and I rarely criticise players.

That's a little unfair. Doyle hasn't has one half decent game for Derby yet, whilst Robinson has had many. Robinson has proven himself and the fans know what he can do when played in the correct position. Doyle has proven neither. Infact he has proven on a number of occasions, that he isn't very good.

Theo- liked for his work-rate and goal scoring.

Doyle- disliked for his poor performances and poor work-rate.

I understand that you are only being supportive of the lad, but if you're going to make wild presumptions, then atleast think of things from both sides of the argument. Also, just to clarify, I'm not defending Theo, I'm defending the people on here who you are criticising.

They are hardly wild though Networker, the things Theo is liked for in general were not on show yesterday, partly down to Nige but also down to Theo. I didn't find one positive to say about him yesterday which is not usual as he normally has the plus points which shadow over his diabolical first touch and general play. He should be doing more, does he want to stay in the team or sit back on the bench? The latter it seems after his 2 performances this week.

If our fans won't judge Theo out wide then maybe we shouldn't judge Doyle who's yet to be given a fair crack in his position. Infact, has he ever been played upfront? As I said, I just think Theo's performance was on par if not worse than anything Doyle has ever served up.

Charlie austin

Thatcham town, kintbury ranger, Hungerford town, Poole town, Swindon town

Yes! In an instant!

And it wasn't a dig at the management. I couldn't care less where we buy our players from as long as they can perform for us.

It was just a question.

So think before you assume. I never criticise the manager and I rarely criticise players.

If you don't criticise the management and players, then you're not asking the right questions. Support them by all means, but without criticism we just have blind faith.

If you don't criticise the management and players, then you're not asking the right questions. Support them by all means, but without criticism we just have blind faith.

i only criticise if they do stupid things atm i have nothing to criticise apart from hendricks poor form.

Archived