Notts florest v The Mighty Rams

ladyram

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So upset about going a man down. Wonder what that feels like.

I'm sure Reid and Cohen will go on to make splendid referees. They almost took charge of this fixture.

I dunno about Dexter's elbows, I know he has excellent reactions. He fell over BEFORE he was touched.

Talent right there!!

What we must all remember is the context to our season this game was played in. We have had some good performances and not got the deserved results.

That is why we played nervously and defencively in the last 15 minutes. As the results start to happen we will play more like the 20 mins after half time and all be happy.

Nice quote over at the scummy forum. - "[size=3]How is that a red card? Got £50 riding on you lot, come on ffs[/size]" 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Always nice having a look at their forum every so often. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

My slightly adapted ode:-

We only had Eleven Men!

With 2012 three quarters gone

The Reds and Rams appeared,

“The Reds would play Rams off the Park!”

The home fans said and jeered.

The Reds played well up to half-time.

And could have scored a brace,

But somehow Derby kept them out,

And managed to save face.

The second half had just begun

When things began to change,

The ref sent off a Forest player

Which seemed a little strange!

A little later Derby scored,

Frank Fielding's wonder save

preserved the three points for the Rams,

And left the Red fans grave!

A game is just a game you say

And can go either way,

But all the same it's great to win

On this tremendous day!

PS I enjoyed the match! Hope you did too! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

Right, I've been carefully getting views of Forest fans since I come back from the game elated with our one nil victory against a rival, not a game that would be remembered if it wasn't a local Derby but some comments from the Forest fans (again, not on here) have slightly annoyed me and have got under my skin.

1) 'Forest tried to play football Derby was just hoofing it' that was absolutely ********, there was one team in that game tactically trying to get the beating of the defence by balls over the top and that was Forest, did their midfield get the ball in the second half? Seemed to be passed around the back four and then diagonally hit towards the strikers/attacking wingers... Our best players today were the centre halves on the basis they had to deal with a lot in the air and won it every time. I thought Forest lack of change nor creativity through the middle was poor. I thought the only time their was a bit of football to be played is when Forest went down to 10 men and we grew a few hairs on our chest and got the ball on the floor and passed it around and one of them movements lead to our goal, Will Hughes moving centrally also helped a lot. Other than that that it was very much in the air, forest did very little especially in midfield to prove they play football, their defence can pass sideways and camp can knock a ball from inside his own half but that is all I learned.

2) 'Derby were dirty' we've got two full blooded centre halves who would throw themselves at a brick and a striker who will throw his body into the mix but apart from that we are very lightweight in fact this is one of my biggest gripes usually, today we had a couple of lads playing with their heart on their sleeve which usually can be found hiding from situations, great to see.

Forest weren't undone by Clough genius, if anything I thought we didn't dare play to our game plan in certain times of the game, it took them losing a man before we had 20 minutes of us playing football - I thought forest were beaten today by their own game plan and that alone, they played right into the hands of Keogh and Buxton who were magnificent today but their manager set them up to play in a way that would suit us and it did and we won, he has no excuses, forest had the players better suited to today, the more calm and experienced who followed a game plan that simply didn't work, whereas I think we didn't follow our game plan, played on basic natural instincts and won, a similar performance at Middlesbrough is not what I want, a bit if belief that we can go anywhere and play our usual style would be nice, moving Hughes in the middle certainly helped that, no-one cooler on the ball on that pitch today... But overall we panicked at times and just seemed to play a lot more on edge and panicked that I'm used too.

We won and that is the most important thing!

From what I just posted in the other thread, overall I thought we didn't keep to a game plan and we was more reactive than proactive today and they were just too poor in areas and in leadership to break us down.

I thought we stuck exactly to our game plan, which was to play as high up the pitch as we can, play early balls over the top looking for Sammon, or play long balls up to him to try and involve Ward. Seemed to be a question of just keep the ball as far away from our goal as possible at all times.

There was no attempt to play through the midfield like we have done this season, but that was no bad thing in a game like this where free flowing football was always going to be at a premium (despite what Bris might think!) given the speed and intensity of the match.

I thought we controlled the game from the moment Blackstock was sent off - their response to going down to 10 men was very poor, offered nothing except that one shot at the end which Frankie saved.

You're absolutely right when you said their long-ball game plan played right into our hands - Bucko and Keogh can head balls away all day long. I couldn't believe it when I saw the teams - their bench was far stronger than their starting line up!

I thought we stuck exactly to our game plan, which was to play as high up the pitch as we can, play early balls over the top looking for Sammon, or play long balls up to him to try and involve Ward. Seemed to be a question of just keep the ball as far away from our goal as possible at all times.

There was no attempt to play through the midfield like we have done this season, but that was no bad thing in a game like this where free flowing football was always going to be at a premium (despite what Bris might think!) given the speed and intensity of the match.

I thought we controlled the game from the moment Blackstock was sent off - their response to going down to 10 men was very poor, offered nothing except that one shot at the end which Frankie saved.

You're absolutely right when you said their long-ball game plan played right into our hands - Bucko and Keogh can head balls away all day long. I couldn't believe it when I saw the teams - their bench was far stronger than their starting line up!

I guess we'll never know but to me it looked like we played reactive football, when they played a long ball and we won the header if we got the second ball we just seemed to lump it away, when we were given space and time we looked to play it through midfield and our usual game plan (like the goal we scored) which is why I assumed we played reactive football to their negative long ball game.

No team could claim to be in control of the game IMO, it looked a bit of a scramble apart from 20 minutes after their man was sent off and we then seemed to go back to our usual gameplan which resulted in our goal.

SOD did really badly, got it completely wrong and for me made it a lot easier for us than they should. Their midfield are lacking in everything but name, big name players on big wages but just can't do anything, no pace, no creativity and no quality and SOD thought to bypass them, and them still looking for midfield players shows that it isn't strong.

Hey, this fella off the Forest forum is proper cross....

"My friend got me tickets for this game as a late birthday present. He isn't a football man, so I admire his courage and gratitude to sit through a game with me.

I can't explain how much of a waste of time, money and effort that was...

2 X tickets= £64 excluding service charge, delivery

Transport= £20

Food and drink= £20

Total expense= £104

I feel like I've been robbed. The standard of football from both teams was absolutely shocking for how much we paid. I don't really see what Derby fans have to be happy about, apart from 3 points against Forest. The fact that they came to a game and played how they did is just embarrassing. We never really got going yesterday due to the way Derby were set up to disrupt the game. Talk about an anti-football team.

Derby offered nothing up front in the first half. It was shocking. We could've been out of sight if our players could be bothered to show any application. I din't see the red card as I was at the bar waiting for a drink. The second half was more of the same, apart from Derby having a few good patches. They were still **** though, and overall they are, well, ****.

I can't really remember the goal tbh and haven't seen the replays yet. I just remember a cross coming into the box, and next minute it ended up in our net. Not exactly a top draw finish, but it won them the game.

Respect where it's due. The scoreline and win for Derby made them the better team on the day. I wouldn't exactly be happy if I was a Derby fan though after producing that *****.

As for Forest, we never really got going. That wasn't how Forest play. We ended up hoofing it due to Derby's anti football policy. We should've stuck with trying to develop our passing game and left the hoofing to Derby. We need to improve, and I'm confident that we will. If we played our best football and Derby beat us, I'd be fuming. This wasn't the case though, and we were far from the best we can produce with our squad. Good result for Derby, and I think they chose the best time to come here and get that away win. I don't think we deserved to get zero points, but that's football."

I thought we passed the ball 11 times when we scored..... how many does it take to be a proper football team???

No, of course i'm not happy.

I didn't celebrate when we scored yesterday as we only passed the ball 11 times before we scored, this is not acceptable.

Neither did I cheer at the final whistle as the football was below average.

What ******* planet to these people live on.

Archived