Notts florest v The Mighty Rams

ladyram

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That tackle on Brayford was poor and if he had any more weight (Andy Reid style) it would have snapped his ankle..

Brysons challenge was also poor but he grazed him rather than raking his studs down his thigh.. It was a yellow at best..

A lot of the challenges were 'meaty' but none were particularly malicious and non deserved a redcard..

These games are battles. Pure and simple. If anyone expected slick football best they watch something else. Great result. Shows the team have guts. Come on you Rams!

Why are these games 'battles'?

What does two teams being in close proximity of eachother have to do with not being able to string 5 passes together and building from the back?

Does Man Utd and Man City think 'right, because we're from the same city, it automatically means our players are going to turn rubbish and start hoofing it at every opportunity'

The pitch size, the pitch, the ball, the crowd, the weather, the place, the stadium, the lights, the time etc.... All of this had zero bearing on either side and I in particular was hoping to see a higher standard of football.. But then again, I keep telling myself, I'm watching an NPC match.. I think half the PL are awful so I clearly need to cool my expectations on those a division below..

Onwards and upwards

Glad to have won but I thought we were dyer overall and had Forest kept 11, I'm sure it would have ended in a 0-0 stalemate between two fairly w**k sides. We'll take the fortune though.

Nonplussed as to the last 15 minute more so than usual but standard Derby tactics.

Great result ....usual tight Derby affair...........boy will I be smiling at work tonight...... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' /> I thought it was bang to rights red card 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Why are these games 'battles'?

What does two teams being in close proximity of eachother have to do with not being able to string 5 passes together and building from the back?

Does Man Utd and Man City think 'right, because we're from the same city, it automatically means our players are going to turn rubbish and start hoofing it at every opportunity'

The pitch size, the pitch, the ball, the crowd, the weather, the place, the stadium, the lights, the time etc.... All of this had zero bearing on either side and I in particular was hoping to see a higher standard of football.. But then again, I keep telling myself, I'm watching an NPC match.. I think half the PL are awful so I clearly need to cool my expectations on those a division below..

Onwards and upwards

Are you for real? This is the Championship not the premier league. If players are flying into tackles and closing down in packs at such speed most, if not all, players at this level will not be able to play the football you speak of. I suggest you stick to watching the level of football you seem to enjoy spouting off about.

Me? I've watched Derby as champions of England and I've watched them ever since. They are my team and I will defend them against your drip drip of criticism till the cows come home. You are not unique in appreciating top quality football but I am on here as a Derby fan. What are you on here as?

Overall Derby-Forest record now stands at:

Derby - 33 Wins

Forest - 36 Wins

Draws- 21

A win at Pride Park and we're really closing the gap. Figures give another reason as to why this is such a good rivarly IMO.

Are you for real? This is the Championship not the premier league. If players are flying into tackles and closing down in packs at such speed most, if not all, players at this level will not be able to play the football you speak of. I suggest you stick to watching the level of football you seem to enjoy spouting off about.

Me? I've watched Derby as champions of England and I've watched them ever since. They are my team and I will defend them against your drip drip of criticism till the cows come home. You are not unique in appreciating top quality football but I am on here as a Derby fan. What are you on here as?

Both a football fan and a Derby fan..

Rivalry or not, that was poor quality..

I've seen rivals of far lesser resources and from supposively poorer leagues play far better football than that.. Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean the quality of football has to be ****..

If you can play well against Watford why can't you play well against Forest? What does being 20 miles from Forest have to do with the way you play the game.. It's a poor excuse.

I'm not moaning at all.. I'm just rubbishing stupid cliches like 'rivalries are all about the 3 points and not the football/performances' the same could be said for any match.. We could play poor against anyone and NC come out and say 'the 3 points are the most important'.. What makes a rivalry match any different..

I've seen rivals of far lesser resources and from supposively poorer leagues play far better football than that.. Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean the quality of football has to be ****..

If you can play well against Watford why can't you play well against Forest? What does being 20 miles from Forest have to do with the way you play the game.. It's a poor excuse.

I'm not moaning at all.. I'm just rubbishing stupid cliches like 'rivalries are all about the 3 points and not the football/performances' the same could be said for any match.. We could play poor against anyone and NC come out and say 'the 3 points are the most important'.. What makes a rivalry match any different..

so if we played nice football and lost you wouldnt be mad.

so if we played nice football and lost you wouldnt be mad.

What would I bet mad at?

I'm currently reading the Forest forum and whilst they've got a gripe with the ref (they may have a case) they're equally disappointed with what was a poor performance..

I would be if I was a Forest fan aswell.. The result must hurt them, but what would hurt me more is the fact that they were dire and showed little movement with and without the ball..

All I'm saying is the 'rivalry' card is an excuse for both teams to use when describing the performance.. I was showing mcsilks the BBC text on the matchday thead and some of the comments were embarassing.. Robbie Savage saying how enjoyable a game it was in the first half.. Good god for a neutral it was dire.. We accept it because we simply won, but from a football fans perspective (something I use alot on these forums) the quality on show and the first half in particular was really poor from both teams.

Derby had a decent 20 minute spell in the second half and the goal was lovely.. We could have attempted to play like that from the start but Frank Fielding was clearly given instructions to hoof it clear at any given opportunity.

http://humormood.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/spock-fascinating

Archived