Notts florest v The Mighty Rams

ladyram

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you can play well against Watford why can't you play well against Forest? What does being 20 miles from Forest have to do with the way you play the game.. It's a poor excuse.

Because they are HUMAN, the occasion, atmosphere and whats as stake for the fans that pay their wages all contribute when Fierce local rivals meet, no matter what league they play in.

You have never been in that position so how can you criticize the players, they gave everything for the shirt today and that's all that matters to 99% of us real derby supporters.

10men they only had 10men

Bris you need to stop being so patronising mate. We all know what good football is and we didn't see much of it today by either side. But we won. Against our fiercest rivals. Away from home. So forgive some of us if we enjoy the moment and worry about the rest of the season tomorrow. Hic!

Mate I'm not being patronising.. I just commented on the poor quality of the game, from both sides especially in the first half.. Only to read comments like 'well it's a rivalry what do you expect' etc..

All I said that the rivalry card us thrown out too much (by both sides) when the game is poor quality..

I was equally disappointed in Forests performance as a football fan.. We've been told all season how good they're playing and how good their strikers are etc.. but they were dire.. For the home team expected to 'control the game' they didn't offer anything other than hopeful punts and long shots in the first half.. They only ever looked like scoring from a freekick..

Forest fans moaning about the refs decisions are very short sighted.. Forest had at least 3 freekicks on the edge of the area for nothing.. People even saying Roberts should have been sent off for showing his studs.. What planet are they on? The ref gave them many soft freekicks in that first half..

not really because,as we know it was 10 men, and weve got guediora to come back,like to see Majewski play some part, sharp and lansbury to start matches,lascelles and hutchinson to get in the team,who by the way is quality,oh and not to mention jenas.looking forward to seeing how coppinger is as well.

what surprises have derby got?

Desire dear boy, desire. http://th188.photobucket.com/albums/z243/fikrikhairat/icon/th_smoking-smiley-5445_0-1

Didn't goto the game today 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Good, typical away performance with has been long overdue the 3pts. Sammon won virtually ever header, Bryson and Keogh were outstanding also.

How bias was Billy Davies? He really (really) doesnt like us does he?!

No he doesnt but I guess he knows its mutual. It sucks up to F****t cos he still thinks he could be offered his old job back.

No chance of him getting his job back at Derby. No idea what he means by Derby being a in a "holding position .... which could be for internal reasons".

He talks such sh1te, which could be for internal reasons.

I was a bit worried before the game until Billy implied that the Home Team would win. That made me feel much better as I don't have much time for his opinion. 3 points, Not pretty. Well done Nigel and the Team. You only get 3 points if you win and that's what we did."Anti - Clough" types have to wait at least another few days. Shame... I rather enjoy their hurt at times like this 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Indeed. Relieves that feeling of 'woe is us' for a few days atleast.

No he doesnt but I guess he knows its mutual. It sucks up to F****t cos he still thinks he could be offered his old job back.

No chance of him getting his job back at Derby. No idea what he means by Derby being a in a "holding position .... which could be for internal reasons".

Holding position means we're round about the same finishes each year, and internal reasons can easily mean a lack of, or a slow release, depending on viewpoint, of funding.

He was biased to Forest, but he always would be, and personally I didn't think he was that bad when talking about the game in general. He was spot on when he spoke about width at half-time.

I must admit I though Forest looked the better all-round team. Certainly they passed the ball better. Our defence was immense today and Keogh is looking a very good signing. Up front, Sammon plays well but needs a partner who is more of a threat on goal. Jacobs looked awful when he came on - not much of a footballing brain. Also, why don't we have a player capable of hitting a corner to the back post, where all our biggest players would naturally take up their position?

Moan over - happy to win ugly on this occasion.

I agree with all this... thought Jacobs was very poor and we will miss Wardy. We lost impetus after this substitution and gave Forest a glimpse they never deserved. Defence looked very solid and Frankie had almost nothing to do but pulled off a great save when we needed it.

After losing pretty, I am happy to win ugly today , but we do need to improve from this.

Holding position means we're round about the same finishes each year, and internal reasons can easily mean a lack of, or a slow release, depending on viewpoint, of funding.

He was biased to Forest, but he always would be, and personally I didn't think he was that bad when talking about the game in general. He was spot on when he spoke about width at half-time.

Billy Davies moaning about lack of funding? Surely not.....Why would he be biased to Forest? They sacked him and so did we.

Difference is the fans still like him there, but we hate him.

The bloke does talk utter ***** but I didn't disagree too much with him today (post match comments - didn't hear him pre-match) when I put my loyalties to one side. If Forest f**k up this season then great but even I can see they have infinitely more ambition than we do. I'm enjoying today because this is as good as its going to get for Derby for the forseeable, midtable does f**k all for me, I worry that Forest have their sights a bit further than beating Derby, pretty disappointing but I try not to think about our consolidatory stagnation.

HAHA - typical red dog - like your players - always moaning, always hard done by.

You're getting like bloody scousers.

Never seen such a team of mardy, moaning bad losers in all my days of watching football. Cohen and Blackstock were the worst. Blackstock marked his own card in the first half, givin it some. HAHA.

Yes I though Blackstock was lucky not to get sent off at Pride Park last year as was the guy who saved it on the line (it wasnt Camp) . They should have finished with 8 men last year.

Ratings

Fielding 7 - Did everything right, had one dodgy kick, but made a superb save at the end which I thought was going in.

Brayford 6 - Got forward well, and linked up with Coutts well, nothing special, but solid.

Keogh 9 - My MOTM, won everything in the air, made a superb block and defended really well

Buxton 7 - Took a while to get used to Cox (excuse me?) but similar to Keogh gave his left testicle for the cause today, played with his heart on his sleeve.

Roberts 7 - Great tackle on Cohen, never a yellow card. Solid.

Coutts 8 - Good cross for the goal, and worked hard all game.

Hendrick 6 - Anonymous at times.

Bryson 8.9 - Obviously scored the goal, which makes him a close second to Keogh, ran all day again.

Hughes 7 - Missing first half, when he moved into the middle he pulled a few strings even when he was being knocked about a bit, he won't play in a much tougher game all season, which says a lot for such a young, promising player.

Ward 7 - Much better out on the wing in my opinion, made Halfords life hell in the 20 minutes in the second half before he did his hamstring. Hopefully not out for too long.

Sammon 7 - Ran around, chased down their defenders and didn't give them a minute on the ball, which led to us getting back possession.

Jacobs 7 - Good.

Robinson 6 - Ran around a lot and saw out the final few minutes.

O'Connor 7 - Solid.

Team performance - 10

Archived