Notts florest v The Mighty Rams

ladyram

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did play anti football tbf.

The way our RB wandered out of position to the edge of their area, hoofed the ball out wide then the ball was thumped hopefully between defenders and goalkeeper to Bryson's feet who then tripped over it.

Anti football.

Yep, we were shamed by the way Forest went about their business- diving, fouling, elbowing in the face, complaining to the referee and then getting 2 players booked for standing in front of the Frankie when he was trying to kick the ball out of his hands. Surely this is the the definition of "anti football" - actually refusing to let the game continue?

read some of the forest forum thread for the game there calling for sod to go

What a surprise- they will be chanting for the board to leave if they don't buy a player every 4 minutes in the Jan window too. When are they going to accept that they just aren't good enough and until they have a period of stability both on and off the field they never will be good enough?

Looking at Cumbrians photo Blackstock's eyes are on Keogh not the ball. Intent from my perspective NOT accident. It was almost a sly double move of the arm. Point of the elbow first then the arm follow though. Also no accident it was the first challenge of the second half. My guess is he was trying to make a statement to our defenders as he was roughed up a bit in the first half. Ref found him out!

During the game coins, bottles and other objects were thrown from several areas within the stadium including The Main Stand, Bridgford Upper and Brian Clough Lower tiers. Two arrests were made on the day.

In one incident, a young Derby supporter received treatment for a cut to the head after being struck by an item coin thrown into the visitors’ section.

Forest’s Chief Executive Mark Arthur said: “We will not tolerate behaviour of this nature at The City Ground.

“It’s deplorable to think a young fan who simply came along to support his team had his afternoon ruined by the actions of a mindless idiot.

“We would urge anyone with any information about what took place on Sunday to contact the club as a matter of urgency.”

Horrible c*nts.

Stan Collymore@StanCollymore

Want away day fans thoughts on how you are treated on away days.Fun or foreboding? Welcomed or tolerated?@talksSPORT

Anybody?? I know it was a few hours ago but still.

Nottingham Forest FC@Official_NFFC

[url=https://twitter.com/search/?q=%23nffc&src=hash]#nffc are appealing for witnesses after objects were thrown at opposition fans and onto the pitch during Sunday’s game. [url=http://t.co/72kAdBh5]http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/your-help-is-needed-402762.aspx

All the forest fans then, for throwing their toys out of the pram

During the game coins, bottles and other objects were thrown from several areas within the stadium including The Main Stand, Bridgford Upper and Brian Clough Lower tiers. Two arrests were made on the day.

In one incident, a young Derby supporter received treatment for a cut to the head after being struck by an item coin thrown into the visitors’ section.

Forest’s Chief Executive Mark Arthur said: “We will not tolerate behaviour of this nature at The City Ground.

“It’s deplorable to think a young fan who simply came along to support his team had his afternoon ruined by the actions of a mindless idiot.

“We would urge anyone with any information about what took place on Sunday to contact the club as a matter of urgency.”

Horrible c*nts.

Where is the official club apology?

forest got an apology for the sick Doughty chants even though it was the fans doing it.

Typical.

Its called football mate, there are going to be times when you miss the ball- as for the elbow, I have seen it back many times and he leads with his elbow and then immediately straightens his arm to hide the fact that it was the elbow and not the flailing arm that did the damage. I admit that I didn't think it was intentional in real time but on the replay the intent was obvious, well done ref.

I will say though that the photo on this thread is slightly after the incident as he had his back to Keogh when he did it. He knew full well where keogh was though as there was contact before they jumped.

I'm so happy.

It's probably been said lots of times (I haven't read all the posts), but in my opinion the biggest turning point of the match was moving Hughes in to the middle. He was innefective on the left - not fast or physical enough. As soon as he started to get the ball in the middle, he was able to knock it about. It was obvious that Hughes needed to be moved or replaced, but the change still needed to be made, so Clough deserves big credit for doing it. I can see him developing into a Scholes kind of player - a ball keeper. He needs to get down the gym and toughen up, but in fairness he's still young. I thought he handled the occasion well.

As a result of that happening we had a 10 minute spell of sweeping the ball out wide to Ward. I'm surprised he's ever even considered as a forward, given how dangerous he is a winger, and he's such an important player for us when in that position. Probably only realised it after he'd been taken off when it felt like we were a man down for a few minutes. I thought Jacobs did well but we lost momentum for a little while.

Thought Coutts and Brayford were excellent down the right, saw the Brayford of 18 months ago, frightening their LB, overlapping and linking up with Coutts, which lead to the goal. Coutts lacks pace but he's got good skill and good delivery, and with an attacking full back like Brayford constantly overlapping it might work well.

Overall, not the best we've played this season but some encouraging signs and it was a near perfect away performance. Well done NC.

Lee Camp HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Archived