Notts florest v The Mighty Rams

ladyram

I'm so happy.

It's probably been said lots of times (I haven't read all the posts), but in my opinion the biggest turning point of the match was moving Hughes in to the middle. He was innefective on the left - not fast or physical enough. As soon as he started to get the ball in the middle, he was able to knock it about. It was obvious that Hughes needed to be moved or replaced, but the change still needed to be made, so Clough deserves big credit for doing it. I can see him developing into a Scholes kind of player - a ball keeper. He needs to get down the gym and toughen up, but in fairness he's still young. I thought he handled the occasion well.

As a result of that happening we had a 10 minute spell of sweeping the ball out wide to Ward. I'm surprised he's ever even considered as a forward, given how dangerous he is a winger, and he's such an important player for us when in that position. Probably only realised it after he'd been taken off when it felt like we were a man down for a few minutes. I thought Jacobs did well but we lost momentum for a little while.

Thought Coutts and Brayford were excellent down the right, saw the Brayford of 18 months ago, frightening their LB, overlapping and linking up with Coutts, which lead to the goal. Coutts lacks pace but he's got good skill and good delivery, and with an attacking full back like Brayford constantly overlapping it might work well.

Overall, not the best we've played this season but some encouraging signs and it was a near perfect away performance. Well done NC.

Lee Camp HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fookin hell. Not long now.

0-1 Jimi Hendrix

Scores that header he should have buried last year.

Should have stuck with Bill Bryson.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to be honest im not bothered about the bad challenges,its to be expected and your right cox's challenge was not good,but i do think blackstocks sending off was harsh.

but ill stick by my guns and say id be more worried if i was a derby fan,i say this because that side you had out there is it, youve got that all season.at least we can make some changes,even put a different 11 out if we want.

i can understand all the joy but you must be worried about the bigger picture.

to be honest im not bothered about the bad challenges,its to be expected and your right cox's challenge was not good,but i do think blackstocks sending off was harsh.

but ill stick by my guns and say id be more worried if i was a derby fan,i say this because that side you had out there is it, youve got that all season.at least we can make some changes,even put a different 11 out if we want.

If you take one high-passion derby game, and extrapolate it to mean that's how both teams play day in, day out, then you're sadly deluded.

The only worry i've got is injuries to key players, i'm not gonna check the records

but i reckon we used no more than 16 players to win the league in 71-72, the team we

have now seem to know each other quite well, and i see no reason to chop and change

it, unlike you lot at the 'wrong end' of the A52..

What about you though?

Who's going to replace Ayala/Halford/Harding after more shitty performances.

Your back up defender was Maloney for christ's sake.

Don't come here spouting "bigger picture" fella when you've got your own to worry about!

Yes, I'm worried about the bigger picture- It isn't like we have a dedicated squad, steady manager, low wages, our own modern ground, loyal fans and sensible owners is it? I am glad that we are taking the same approach that we have tried again and again with the quick-fix-throw-money- at-transfers-and-wages plan that has nearly borne fruit, if only the owners had deeper pockets we could push on to the prem.....

The only picture I would be worried about if I was you is the one of Bryson screaming for joy in the back of a red and white net!

shove the big picture where the sun doesnt shine.

Although the game was technically poor,the event itself was great.Both teams didnt play well and the ref was poor but hey thats football.I loved it and so did my lad.

Shame on the notts for**t fans who chucked coins and bottles at our players and fans.Their moral high ground has been well and truly lost.

One thing that brought a big smile to mine and my lads face happened on he walk back to the train sation.As we were walking,lisening to the red dogs moaning a huge stench came from a building."that stinks" cried my lad." it will be someone from Derby" mumbled a woman with her fella/uncle/dealer. "no I said....thats the sweet smell of victory".

She called me a wa**er and crossed the road.

The only place you have good back up is in midfield. God knows what striker (if any) you'll have on the bench for tonight. And your defense is hardly solid.

The only place you have good back up is in midfield. God knows what striker (if any) you'll have on the bench for tonight. And your defense is hardly solid.

yep our defence does look a little weak.

proberbly strenghen that come january.

What the truck a football club that can put out two different teams of 11...... How is this not on the Beeb............

Yay, we got a new t shirt - thank god for that - the 'ten men' one was getting a bit shabby.

How's the '5-2' one holding up redduns????

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll268/rammy65/522956_415499655180049_2121489104_n

Saw that yesterday - hope the club doesn't have to pay MasterCard for using their slogan.

Missed a truck there could have got some sponsorship if only Glick was still with us

Archived