De Sart - Signed on loan

Day

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked already but not had a chance to read back.

where does this leave Mr Jaime Hanson

are we saying your not good enough son

thoughts? 

Left back

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I'm sorry if this has been  asked already but not had a chance to read back.

thoughts? 

Think it means Jamie go get yourself some game time and experience out on loan for the rest of the season.With a recall clause of course

29 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked already but not had a chance to read back.

thoughts? 

I hope it means cover for George/Bradley ... Hanson has a bit of a rep for being a utility player but baring some youthful errors I think he is a real potential aggressive speedy midfielder. I would honesty be playing him in Butterfields role right now. He has grit, a positive attitude and some good all round skills. 

9 minutes ago, jono said:

I hope it means cover for George/Bradley ... Hanson has a bit of a rep for being a utility player but baring some youthful errors I think he is a real potential aggressive speedy midfielder. I would honesty be playing him in Butterfields role right now. He has grit, a positive attitude and some good all round skills. 

I have to say I disagree. Personally I don't think Hanson is good enough for us right now, he neither has the technical ability or the defensive nouse/discipline to challenge for a place in the side. I think it's for the best if he is allowed to go out on loan.

15 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Anyone good enough to play for Belgium's Under 21's has to have a fair amount of talent...

I do agree.

the same can't be said for Omar mascarelle and playing for madrid

while he clearly had bags and bags of talent by the same token he was clearly not suited to the hussle and bustle of the championship.

i know nothing at all about this lad whatsoever but from the brief things Iv read it's clear Mac wants the ball moving quicker from that quarter back role.

what I would question is that we've had Thorne, mascarelle and Hanson in that holding role and while Bradley is without doubt the least able on the ball in that position he gives us more protection than probably those three combined, and that shouldn't be taken lightly.

will be interesting to see.

what I'm hoping is that perhaps mac wants this kid for when games open up a little and there's a bit more space for a more craft orientated kinda player to pick a pass and open sides up.

maybe that Wigan game highlighted that 

1 minute ago, brady1993 said:

I have to say I disagree. Personally I don't think Hanson is good enough for us right now, he neither has the technical ability or the defensive nouse/discipline to challenge for a place in the side. I think it's for the best if he is allowed to go out on loan.

I agree that his discipline and general nouse needs work and loan might be best but I still think he is a real asset. I think my intent was to say this isn't an just also ran academy player, he has first team potential and we mustn't discard players like this for pennies and a shrug. Get him in the team or on loan and playing. Don't leave him to fester in the nether lands 

46 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Think it means Jamie go get yourself some game time and experience out on loan for the rest of the season.With a recall clause of course

Agree

he needs to go out there and get a run of games under his belt, ideally in a set position 

Just now, jono said:

I agree that his discipline and general nouse needs work and loan might be best but I still think he is a real asset. I think my intent was to say this isn't an just also ran academy player, he has first team potential and we mustn't discard players like this for pennies and a shrug. Get him in the team or on loan and playing. Don't leave him to fester in the nether lands 

Personally I'm not convinced about him, I suspect he will never reach the level we want him because usually by his age a youth player has started to show real potential (Like both Hughes and Hendrick did). I hope he will because I always want academy products to do well and I don't think we will truly know until he gets a bit more game time under his belt. I just suspect said game time needs to be on loan to a club a bit further down the football pyramid.

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

I do agree.

the same can't be said for Omar mascarelle and playing for madrid

while he clearly had bags and bags of talent by the same token he was clearly not suited to the hussle and bustle of the championship.

i know nothing at all about this lad whatsoever but from the brief things Iv read it's clear Mac wants the ball moving quicker from that quarter back role.

what I would question is that we've had Thorne, mascarelle and Hanson in that holding role and while Bradley is without doubt the least able on the ball in that position he gives us more protection than probably those three combined, and that shouldn't be taken lightly.

will be interesting to see.

what I'm hoping is that perhaps mac wants this kid for when games open up a little and there's a bit more space for a more craft orientated kinda player to pick a pass and open sides up.

maybe that Wigan game highlighted that 

I disagree that Johnson provides more protection to the back 4 than Thorne in fact I think it might ultimately be the other way round(I do agree that he provides more protection than Mascarell or Hanson). For me Thorne's anticipation and positioning is quite a bit better than Johnson's, whilst Johnson is better aerially and more of a physical presence. Why Thorne pips Johnson for me is because that Johnson occasionally gives the ball in incredibly dangerous positions which Thorne rarely ever did and because Thorne retains possession much better than Johnson this means we get counter-attacked less.

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Would this move mean Hanson falling down the pecking order. Or maybe we need hanson for full back cover.

He will be at LB.

A loan would be good for Hanson, he needs to be playing games. Get him on loan in to a club in League 1/2 and let's see what he's made of. He's not progressing sat outside of the match day squad or just holding on as he might be needed at left back. 

There seems to be some odd comments about Mascarell in this thread, he was a decent player for us despite not quite suiting the English second tier. No surprise he's gone on to play games for clubs in two higher divisions. 

29 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

A loan would be good for Hanson, he needs to be playing games. Get him on loan in to a club in League 1/2 and let's see what he's made of. He's not progressing sat outside of the match day squad or just holding on as he might be needed at left back. 

There seems to be some odd comments about Mascarell in this thread, he was a decent player for us despite not quite suiting the English second tier. No surprise he's gone on to play games for clubs in two higher divisions. 

Apart from being naive and having poor discipline for a defensive midfielder I thought he was good. 

Just used to go charging off too much.

Archived