Bakary Sako

Nuwtfly

Well, Mac does like to have four wide players as they often get substituted due to running around a lot .. Like russell was on Wednesday. So having four wide players may make sense especially as anya can play at full back and might need to given our lack of full backs. I don't think weimann or Blackman are really wide players. 

I would prefer sako over camara, and probably russell at the moment. Obviously ince is in top form right now. 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

We have Ince, Russell, Anta, Weimann, Camara. No more wide men required.

It's not simply about numbers but improving on those we already have. If he can rekindle his Wolves form then Sako would be infinitely better than any wide players currently in the squad with the exception of Ince.

1 hour ago, G-Ram said:

Sako was immence at Wolves. He was arguably the best player in the division the season he moved. Id be made up if we signed him. Improvement on what we have & would show some real intent i think he'd just fit im our team

Buying better than we have is the aim now and Sako is better than our wingers apart from once at the moment. Also what happens when inces form drops? Then we can rely on sako. Moving forward Camara and Weizmann aren't good enough. Russell is for his workrate alone 

39 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Buying better than we have is the aim now and Sako is better than our wingers apart from once at the moment. Also what happens when inces form drops? Then we can rely on sako. Moving forward Camara and Weizmann aren't good enough. Russell is for his workrate alone 

Russell a great winger to bring on when winning to help see the game out, think would be an ideal role for him.

Agree totally about weimann and Camara as well

43 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

He's far better even than Ince too imo. 

2 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Really? So why doesn't he get to play for crystal palace?

Ince also struggled at Palace to be fair. Not many wingers in the prem are like Zaha/Bolasie/Townsend in terms of being quick and direct. I'd love Sako here to make us a genuine threat on the left hand side

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Ince also struggled at Palace to be fair. Not many wingers in the prem are like Zaha/Bolasie/Townsend in terms of being quick and direct. I'd love Sako here to make us a genuine threat on the left hand side

Ok but I think given palaces poor form this season if he was good enough for the prem he would be getting game time. Anyway we will see , think he could be good in the championship but there's more important business to be done right now if other threads are to be believed. 

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Ok but I think given palaces poor form this season if he was good enough for the prem he would be getting game time. Anyway we will see , think he could be good in the championship but there's more important business to be done right now if other threads are to be believed. 

Don't think Palace's attacking threat was the problem, it was Pardew's inability to keep clean sheets at the other end. Hopefully we can get these deals that we're linked with done to strengthen our promotion push :)

The idea that we invest significant sums in various players and then want to discard them them not long afterwards and, at the same time, pay even more money adding other new players not deemed good enough at their current clubs, is simply not tenable.

Its financial, footballing and managerial madness. Anya, Vydra, Weimann, Camara have not been at the club long enough, or been given a sustained run in the starting line up. Its neither fair or common sense.

If the club truly judges players not good enough, then they should be shipped out, sold, and money recouped before spending mega bucks on replacements. 

I really rated him at Wolves, but there must be good footballing reasons why Sako is not getting a chance at such a poorly performing club as Crystal Palace and his injury record there is not good. So he represents an incredibly expensive gamble. Ditto Bamford.

I totally understand that Rams fans want us to improve and continually get better, but I personally don't understand the mentality of just continually throwing (other people's) money at a problem in the hope that you will eventually get it right. Its not how I would want the club to be run.

Archived