Wigan vs Derby - matchday thread.

Rev

Wigan Athletic vs Derby County - Sat 3rd December 2016, DW Stadium, Manchester 3 pm ko.

Can the resurgent Rams make it 5 wins on the bounce for only the 2nd, or possibly 3rd time during McClarens tenures?

No idea how stiff a test Wigan will be, I'm not a massive fan of research and it's done me no harm so far tbh.

Things must be desperate up there though, seeing as they've sacked the manager who won them promotion, and  replaced him with everyone's favourite gruff northerner, Warren Clarke of Dalziel and Pascoe, and Clockwork Orange fame.

Should have gone for Ricky Tomlinson, at least he had experience.

We can look forward to possibly seeing 3 ex Derby players line up in Jacobs, Warnock and the other fella whose name escapes me, will they be enough to deny us serene passage into the play off places before the scum come to town?

Probably the only thing that can stop us is the Manager of the Month curse, which must surely be heading Stevie's way.

Hopefully it will be a case of arise, Sir Jake whilst he nods home a 90th minute consolation, and we can all go home happy.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not able to get to an away game thus far this season and can't get to Wigan either which is a disappointment.

I was a bit cautious about predicting a Rams win before the Norwich game as I thought we might end up getting our bubble burst. Now I see no reason to be scared of anybody in this league and of course affording Wigan all due respect, I believe we can go there and get a positive result no question.

I'd take a draw I think although I'd be lying if I didn't admit to thinking 3 points was expected now. I've gone for a draw in the prediction thread though.

I'm sure the travelling Rams will be there in huge numbers and no beer spraying this time eh lads? :thumbsup:

Keep it in your glass when you're out on the lash to be poured in your mouth so it can go south.

Along with the 3 points.

COYR!!

Having watched the Huddersfield vs Wigan game I think we have enough to get the win. It will be tough, they are physical and organised at the back and as a result have only conceded 20 goals this season- not bad for a team in their position. I think that Wildschut did look a handful but was helped by some very suspect defending by Huddersfield. We are however better defensively and apart from the counter attack Wigan created very little going forward. My prediction is a 1-0 win for our boys.

Archived