Chris Evans - The return...

RamsPolls

4 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

He took far too many risks with players, That's why. 

Simon Dawkins - Was a risk but paid off massively

Leon Best - Huge risk, didn't work at all

Tom Ince - Not a huge risk as he is proven at this level but attitude wise was risky. Paid off in the short term.

I could go on. Not a fan of Evans. 

How are you measuring risk? I consider high risk signings to be the ones on long contracts with big wages, since they can hinder the club for years if they don't work out.

Leon Best was a bad signing, but definitely low risk.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Anon said:

How are you measuring risk? I consider high risk signings to be the ones on long contracts with big wages, since they can hinder the club for years if they don't work out.

Leon Best was a bad signing, but definitely low risk.

I was measuring risk as in players who haven't had much first team football or have had non at Championship level.

You could argue the players Evans brought in immediately settled into the squad and fit in culturally. We all sit here and assess the dressing room now and we see a disjointed squad of individuals. Maybe this is something we are looking to address and Evans' extensive database (which does include mental attributes and personality traits, if I remember correctly) is the perfect tool to do so with.

Underwhelmed and slightly disappointed if true. 

Hope Mel can see that a lot of the problem we find ourselves in is the unbalanced squad and players not fitting into the plan. The recruitment department over the past few years has been generally woeful, and that includes under Evans last time. 

I wouldn't mind Simon Hunt coming in to sort out the scouting. He's the scout we had during George Burley's time at the club. Signed some cracking players back then for very small fees - Idiakez, Rasiak, Bisgaard, Tommy Smith etc. I believe he's out of work at the moment.

16 minutes ago, SecretDave said:

I wouldn't mind Simon Hunt coming in to sort out the scouting. He's the scout we had during George Burley's time at the club. Signed some cracking players back then for very small fees - Idiakez, Rasiak, Bisgaard, Tommy Smith etc. I believe he's out of work at the moment.

one of the best scouts we have had in years. 

39 minutes ago, SecretDave said:

Agreed, the man could find a diamond out of a mountain with only a tooth pick.

Archived