BRING BACK THE MAC!?

JoeDerby

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

I'm going to get mocked and hissed at for this (curse of the ITK), and it's why I don't post any various snippets I gather, all from a very close friend at strategic level at another championship club with many links to ours. Also, links to the name I'm going to put forward who has agreed to take over if/when Pearson goes. It's imminent they think.

My source is gash with player info but I've made much money with his/her insider gumpf on the manager merry go round in this division. I trust him/her.

Ready......

Neil Warnock.

Careful what you wish for.

If Warnock had taken over from Clement, we would be in the PL now. Said that at the time and stand by it. Would welcome him with open arms (and bumcheeks)

4 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

If Warnock had taken over from Clement, we would be in the PL now. Said that at the time and stand by it. Would welcome him with open arms (and bumcheeks)

You may well be right, but we will never know. Warnock doesn't seem to have captured folks imagination, not the fashionable option for 'progressive' DCFC perhaps?

3 minutes ago, europia said:

You may well be right, but we will never know. Warnock doesn't seem to have captured folks imagination, not the fashionable option for 'progressive' DCFC perhaps?

At the minute I think Cecil Rhodes would be more progressive than our current lot. 

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Why do people only think about the start of his tenure and not then end?! The great bottling was and is a lot more embarrassing that's what's going on now, I expected a dip this season, I admit I didn't expect it to be this bad. Those last 3/4 months under Mac were shocking, injuries or not to go from top in March to 7th by may is totally unacceptable and showed IMO the players didn't want to play for him then and wouldn't play for him now.

My main priority at the minute would be getting rid of this group of players who think they can just down tools every time they don't like a manager it's ridiculous, too many average players on ridiculous contracts loving the easy life. I personally don't think any player should be on more than the manager, I think it undermines the managers position but that's a different conversation.

This is one thing I don't get. If this were true then explain the comebacks against Huddersfield and Millwall. They would have still wanted their promotion bonuses at the very least - especially considering there was the Nixon rumour that the players all decided to put their win bonuses into a pot and would only receive it upon promotion.

4 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

Would anyone have the Mac back at Derby? I think he knows how to get the best out of our current squad. It's hard to see anything changing under Pearson and I for one, want to see OUR current squad doing well. I don't want to see Pearson bringing his own players in and changing how we play. Everything good about our club and the best players we have had in years is being taken away. I believe it's too much of a risk to change everything. Bring back Chris Martin and quick neat football... PLEASE :unsure: I miss DERBY 

You don't want Pearson to bring in his own players and you don't want him to change the system?

So basically what you're saying is that you want to have Pearson fail here with the gutless players we have that can't play the system & you don't want Pearson to change a system that has failed us for 3+ years in a row? 

Why wouldn't you want change? 

This is the problem with this club, people expect miracles. Pearson will not get us promoted this year, He won't play pretty football. But given time, he will deliver.

Leicester were in the same position as us when he took over, Had a bunch of overpaid wasters in the team that didn't care for that club. 

Give Pearson time to weed out the slackers and this team will deliver.  

17 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

You don't want Pearson to bring in his own players and you don't want him to change the system?

So basically what you're saying is that you want to have Pearson fail here with the gutless players we have that can't play the system & you don't want Pearson to change a system that has failed us for 3+ years in a row? 

Why wouldn't you want change? 

This is the problem with this club, people expect miracles. Pearson will not get us promoted this year, He won't play pretty football. But given time, he will deliver.

Leicester were in the same position as us when he took over, Had a bunch of overpaid wasters in the team that didn't care for that club. 

Give Pearson time to weed out the slackers and this team will deliver.  

I'm sorry but what a load of rubbish. Leicester had finished 10th the previous season and when he took over them in November they had won 6 drew 4 and lost 6. A mid table team. We were not a mid table team when he took over, we had just finished 5th and in the play offs. How are they the same situations?

Also if that last 3 years has been failure, what was the previous 5 years? What is it now?

3 hours ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

I'm going to get mocked and hissed at for this (curse of the ITK), and it's why I don't post any various snippets I gather, all from a very close friend at strategic level at another championship club with many links to ours. Also, links to the name I'm going to put forward who has agreed to take over if/when Pearson goes. It's imminent they think.

My source is gash with player info but I've made much money with his/her insider gumpf on the manager merry go round in this division. I trust him/her.

Ready......

Neil Warnock.

Careful what you wish for.

No offence, but I hope you're wrong. Come on Pearson, save us from that:blink:.

16 minutes ago, rynny said:

I'm sorry but what a load of rubbish. Leicester had finished 10th the previous season and when he took over them in November they had won 6 drew 4 and lost 6. A mid table team. We were not a mid table team when he took over, we had just finished 5th and in the play offs. How are they the same situations?

Also if that last 3 years has been failure, what was the previous 5 years? What is it now?

Yes agree totally. How having enthralling football and being on verge of the prem whilst winning more games than not, be deemed as failure beggars belief

15 minutes ago, rynny said:

What I meant by "the same situation" is the players... 

What did Leicester do the first 2 years he was manager?

Nothing. They finished 9th in 2011/12, & 6th 2012/13 and didn't make it past semi's on play offs.

He's no magician. Give him time.

Clough was a success at Derby, but he could not get us promoted so i wouldn't class the 5 years previous as a failure as we wasted NO money.

Mcclaren didn't spend huge money but he did spend money and SHOULD have got us promoted but FAILED. 

Clement FAILED after spending £24+ million.

Wassall FAILED in the play offs, Embarrassed us in the first leg. If it hadn't of been for that 2nd leg performance he wouldn't of had a job for him at the academy because it was pathetic.

Give NP time and good things will happen. 

My irrational heart says yes, my pragmatic head says no.

I'm no fan of Pearson, but I think SM would struggle again.

I heard that the players were annoyed with him towards the end as well, so wouldn't expect him to be welcomed back with open arms.

I also think, in Eric Steele and Simmo he had a good team around him. Would he get those in again? Maybe Simmo, but isn't Steele now tied up elsewhere?

Which forces a bigger point about Pearson, in that he currently has a backroom staff to die for - a couple of Derby legends and one of English league footballs greatest strikers and we still can't buy a win..!!

I just think we need a Flores character.

A coach who can add some fire to our teams bellies and get us playing fast, exciting football. 

I'd be happily sat in the bottom 3 right now, if we at least we're trying to play some expansive passing and energetic attack play.

8 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

What I meant by "the same situation" is the players... 

What did Leicester do the first 2 years he was manager?

Nothing. They finished 9th in 2011/12, & 6th 2012/13 and didn't make it past semi's on play offs.

He's no magician. Give him time.

Clough was a success at Derby, but he could not get us promoted so i wouldn't class the 5 years previous as a failure as we wasted NO money.

Mcclaren didn't spend huge money but he did spend money and SHOULD have got us promoted but FAILED. 

Clement FAILED after spending £24+ million.

Wassall FAILED in the play offs, Embarrassed us in the first leg. If it hadn't of been for that 2nd leg performance he wouldn't of had a job for him at the academy because it was pathetic.

Give NP time and good things will happen. 

You really leave me scratching my head with some of things you come out with.

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Please elaborate. 

How can u say clough was a success? Then on otherhand say mclaren wasnt, and he spent money? Mac took over cloughs midtable team and transformed them mid season and ended up in the fairytale run to wembley WITHOUT SPENDING ANYTHING THAT SEASON. Was only 3 loans added.

Archived