BRING BACK THE MAC!?

JoeDerby

i am not one who thinks McLaren has to apologise. He had commited himself to the club before he was sacked. The reason he was sacked was Mel felt he was to blame for the collapse.

As the manager he was. I think his failure was finding a plan b but as NP is proving its not that easy.

For me the main reason we did not get promoted was injury's, we played a system which relies on a holding midfielder, all 3 of ours were injured during the run in, add to that Martin was missing too, and also his replacement Bent spent a fair few games out at the same time. 

I would have him back, until end of the season then go from there.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, rynny said:

I'm sorry but what a load of rubbish. Leicester had finished 10th the previous season and when he took over them in November they had won 6 drew 4 and lost 6. A mid table team. We were not a mid table team when he took over, we had just finished 5th and in the play offs. How are they the same situations?

Also if that last 3 years has been failure, what was the previous 5 years? What is it now?

Memories are short indeed . What would have been our expectations at the start of the 13/14 season,  with a - what, 10th or 11th place finish under our belts and having spent a few hundred  £k over the summer. 

Were we really so delusional that we would think on looking back over what was generally an exhilarating campaign we would say "cocked that up. Completely underachieved, the wasters".

5 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Memories are short indeed . What would have been our expectations at the start of the 13/14 season,  with a - what, 10th or 11th place finish under our belts and having spent a few hundred  £k over the summer. 

Were we really so delusional that we would think on looking back over what was generally an exhilarating campaign we would say "cocked that up. Completely underachieved, the wasters".

No, more realistically you'd think they'd overachieved and they should be applauded for that. But if they overachieved, perhaps it's unlikely that they'd overachieve again. To that end, improvements were required and that really is where we have gone wrong. I don't think the replacements - with a few exceptions - are as good as those who were already here, let alone an  improvement.

I'm an eternal optimist though, and although Saturday was poor, prior to that I thought we were improving.

This topic a joke,solidarity needed,not silly statements to make us laugh,look at his failures,analyse his success,and you see 

Failure   Take away the squad left by Clough,and you have the wally with the brolly.

A good coach is not needed,,Pearce-Whitbread=Dawkins-Christie-Warnock--not premiership material..

All signed under him,,and after i stop laughing ,-----Neil Warnock  to manage Derby County,

Cannot get any better,,,I support the manager who represents our club,and will give him the same respect,,and time to  turn it around      2019 then we can look at where we stand

3 hours ago, BOB BIGGS said:

No offence, but I hope you're wrong. Come on Pearson, save us from that:blink:.

As do I! Managers invariably carry the can for players shortcomings, which is wrong, especially when they have already shown that they can meet and at at times go far beyond the required standard needed to succeed in this division.

Such is life.....

I'd have him back in a flash. I also wouldn't be against Wassall getting the job.

Wassall was naive, sure, but we played some great football under him. He lacked experience at times and Harry helped that to a point, but he had potential. The biggest worry was his gravitas with the squad, I feared they saw him as a short term stop gap rather than the be all and end all of decisions. 

McClaren would quickly put us on the right track, though. The Derby way is effectively 'Derby under McClaren'.

9 hours ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

I'm going to get mocked and hissed at for this (curse of the ITK), and it's why I don't post any various snippets I gather, all from a very close friend at strategic level at another championship club with many links to ours. Also, links to the name I'm going to put forward who has agreed to take over if/when Pearson goes. It's imminent they think.

My source is gash with player info but I've made much money with his/her insider gumpf on the manager merry go round in this division. I trust him/her.

Ready......

Neil Warnock.

Careful what you wish for.

Is this other championship club Burton Albion?  Many links to our club. Also link to Neil Warnock, who was manager there wasnt he? Not that any of that makes your friend ITK, leave alone you im guessing. 

They say there's someone for everyone and it must be true if so many Derby fans would have the dreadful McClaren back; a man who took a team from top of the league at Christmas to missing out on the play-offs in May and mismanaged the toon-toons till relegation was unavoidable.

Pearson has started appallingly at Derby County but he's twice the manager McClaren ever has been or ever will be.

39 minutes ago, ROKERITE said:

They say there's someone for everyone and it must be true if so many Derby fans would have the dreadful McClaren back; a man who took a team from top of the league at Christmas to missing out on the play-offs in May and mismanaged the toon-toons till relegation was unavoidable.

Pearson has started appallingly at Derby County but he's twice the manager McClaren ever has been or ever will be.

Nigel Pearson saw a team who was second in February only just scrape sixth on the final day (would have been eight but for the final day win at Forest). This was a team that, unlike our collapse, had no injury troubles. 

People always seem to ignore this fact when making comparisons.

10 hours ago, Ninos said:

Most clueless manager ever. pass. We really need a good manager who knows how to pick a team, manage a game, and can promote good football both with the ball AND without the ball . Once we have that people will stop looking backwards. 

Really?

What is his win% compared to the other managers since Mackay?

4 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Not for me thank you, can't be trusted not to jump ship when another premier league club comes calling. 

He would drop us like a hot stone, just like  when NUFC came a knocking.

Once bitten and all that. 

explain that to me. As far as I am aware, he didn't leave at least twice when he had the chance to drop us like a hot stone.

11 hours ago, Ninos said:

Most clueless manager ever. pass. We really need a good manager who knows how to pick a team, manage a game, and can promote good football both with the ball AND without the ball . Once we have that people will stop looking backwards. 

37 minutes ago, sage said:

Really?

What is his win% compared to the other managers since Mackay?

Well he has the highest win ratio of any Rams manager in peacetime. 

Clueless. As Eric Morecambe might have said. The right word but not necessarily in the right direction. 

31 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

explain that to me. As far as I am aware, he didn't leave at least twice when he had the chance to drop us like a hot stone.

Twice?? Please explain where twice came from?

As far as I understand we could've got compensation from NUFC when they came calling and he sat it out saved them the cost. He then screwed the season up and pushed us to the point where we had to get rid of him thus paying his contract up ergo at a cost to us also. 

I don't buy into the whole we sacked him he didn't leave bit personally, IMO he was already at NUFC in mid February prior to the almighty collapse. 

So once bitten. 

Therefore I wouldn't welcome him back for another go at rebuilding his reputation on our time. 

1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Twice?? Please explain where twice came from?

As far as I understand we could've got compensation from NUFC when they came calling and he sat it out saved them the cost. He then screwed the season up and pushed us to the point where we had to get rid of him this paying his contract up ergo at a cost to us also. 

I don't buy into the whole we sacked him he didn't leave bit personally, IMO he was already at NUFC in mid February prior to the almighty collapse. 

So once bitten. 

according to the experts and ITKs on here, he had the chance to go straight after Pardew left and again with about 8 games to go.

Just cos you believe a conspiracy, doesn't make it fact.

34 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

He confirmed it himself at a fan-forum before our season had ended. After our season ended he turned it down again according to reports. 

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

according to the experts and ITKs on here, he had the chance to go straight after Pardew left and again with about 8 games to go.

Just cos you believe a conspiracy, doesn't make it fact.

ITK conspiracies or your own personal conspiracies all carry their own equal weight or merits. 

Didn't make a statement as fact, just voicing my opinion that's what this forum is for isn't it. 

Archived