Rumours

TroyDyer

No offence to Wassall, but it concerns me how we are so closely following the Forest model. 

A couple of seasons ago they sack Tyrion. They had Pearce lined up, but Brazil took charge for the rest of the season, and they plodded into a mid table finish. 

If Pearce had taken over straight away, his new manager bounce that happened the next season, would have been enough to get them into the play offs. 

This reeks of just giving up on the season, when promotion by the play offs is a really good possibility, and automatics isn't entirely off the table yet. 

Why not appoint a new manager now. If he's crap, then we get rid in summer, and were no worse off, looking for a new manager to take over in summer. If he's good, then he might get us promoted, or at least he'll have had time with the squad ready to hit the ground running next season. 

Putting Wassall in charge til the end of the season, unless he's considered a real potential candidate for the permanent job, is just a waste of time. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

Yep - putting the Academy Manager in charge, a bloke who has never managed a Football League team in his life, certainly gives us the message that we can still do this. If he struggles, we'll put Terry from the South Car Park in charge eh?

Too late with Terry - had his head turned with the promise of a 5 year deal at Florist

21 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

No offence to Wassall, but it concerns me how we are so closely following the Forest model. 

A couple of seasons ago they sack Tyrion. They had Pearce lined up, but Brazil took charge for the rest of the season, and they plodded into a mid table finish. 

If Pearce had taken over straight away, his new manager bounce that happened the next season, would have been enough to get them into the play offs. 

This reeks of just giving up on the season, when promotion by the play offs is a really good possibility, and automatics isn't entirely off the table yet. 

Why not appoint a new manager now. If he's crap, then we get rid in summer, and were no worse off, looking for a new manager to take over in summer. If he's good, then he might get us promoted, or at least he'll have had time with the squad ready to hit the ground running next season. 

Putting Wassall in charge til the end of the season, unless he's considered a real potential candidate for the permanent job, is just a waste of time. 

maybe it's a smokescreen to shut people up whilst they diligently select the next manager. BUT, if Wassall wins his next 3 games on the spin, why change it?

22 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Or why not do what Chelsea have done and appoint an experienced man on a short term deal to get us up?

20 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

If you have a potential target in mind who is only available in the summer? Or if you want to see if you can poach someone else but need to wait to see how their team does first? (Howe? Dyche?) Or if you think that promoting someone who's been around under 3 lots of management and so might have some understanding of the way you think football should be played at derby?

6 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Rumours literally drive 50% of this forum :lol:

I feel left out cos I've not started a rumour yet so here goes. I heard that somebody who no longer works at the club was caught boning Ewie, hence the reason for their dismissal. Make of that what you will.

45 minutes ago, Woodypecker said:

OK, so this Saturday, the players owe Wassall, the fans, the club a *big* performance. 95+ minutes, please - for a change.

It can't be *that* nerve-wracking can it, a Championship match vs Franchise Dons?

Anyone else there in the volcanic times after Brian Clough left? Pandemonium!

Street marches, active protest meetings, player statements....but The Rams still went on the pitch next game and beat Leicester. Then in came mighty Dave Mackay!

Who might be our 'Mackay Messiah' next time? Are we going to be a big club, or just a perpetual Cinderella outfit?

Gary Rowett!

9 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

I feel left out cos I've not started a rumour yet so here goes. I heard that somebody who no longer works at the club was caught boning Ewie, hence the reason for their dismissal. Make of that what you will.

Any truth that Rammie organised a mascots revolt and told Morris either Ewe go or I go?

I heard John Peacock was pictured sunbathing on a nudist beach on the Côte d'Azur despite the fact his contract specifically says that he can't. Paul Clement tried to defend him in a heated exchange with MM, and the rest is history. 

6 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Mel does read this forum (among others) and is fed up of the constant rumour mill. 

I thought this thread contains rumors about what's behind the scene.

Well, at least your post proves something -- that Uncle Mel craves for control, and that crave includes team selection but also extends to what we can and cannot post on the World Wide Web.

1 minute ago, HKRam said:

I thought this thread contains rumors about what's behind the scene.

Well, at least your post proves something -- that Uncle Mel craves for control, and that crave includes team selection but also extends to what we can and cannot post on the World Wide Web.

I also get fed up of reading some of the crap posted by some people on here, that doesn't mean I want control of what can and cannot be posted.

Archived