Alex Pearce to be loaned out?

admira

I despair of the ignorance on this site at times. Where has all this "Pearce can't even make the bench" BS come from? Here's our substitute's bench over the last few games:

Boro:

• 08 Hendrick 10 Bent 12 Baird 16 Pearce 24 Weimann 32 Shotton 35 Mitchell

Leeds

• 09 Martin 12 Baird 23 Ince 26 Hanson 32 Shotton 34 Thorne 35 Mitchell

Fulham

Ipswich

Why we would send someone out on loan when they're regularly in the squad?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, admira said:

Reading FC make enquiry to sign Derby County man on loan

Sky Bet Championship side Reading have made an enquiry over the availability of Derby County defender Alex Pearce on loan, according to HITC reporter Tom Thorogood.

The 27-year-old joined the Rams from Reading last summer after he refused a new contract at the club, signing a three year deal at the iPro.

However, the Republic of Ireland international's move Northwards has blown up in his face, only making one appearance in half a season - a start in the Capital One Cup in a defeat against Portsmouth, failing to make an appearance in the league  

His lack of showing for Derby has seemingly sparked interest from former club Reading.

The Royals have recently reappointed Brian McDermott as manager, who is known for his admiration of Pearce, and tried to sign him whilst at Leeds United.

They've subsequently enquired into taking him on loan, but would probably have to get rid of one of their six loanees before making a move. 

Where is this linked? Who wrote this?

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

But that's me. I'm being cited as the source and I didn't even write an article on it...

the link on the football league world article takes you to a twitter page that doesn't exist any more, one of your statuses.

Sith Happens

You know i sort of feel sorry for Pearce, i get the impression he was bought when we were still looking for bargains. Just a few weeks later and Mel buys the club and we go out and but shackell for £3million.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

You know i sort of feel sorry for Pearce, i get the impression he was bought when we were still looking for bargains. Just a few weeks later and Mel buys the club and we go out and but shackell for £3million.

perhaps  everyone expected keogh to leave?

I think Morris had Derby way before Pearce was signed, the announcement of Morris owning Derby was just delayed, as are most news stories within Derby.

I think Pearce was signed as a player who presented a good opportunity at the time.  There were strong rumours that Keogh had been told he would no longer be captain and if he wanted to leave the club he could, or if he chose to stay he was welcome to.

Maybe clement expected Keogh to leave and his CB pairing could have been Pearce and Shackell.

As it turned out Keogh decided to stay and has been a bloody rock in this defence this season.  Shackell has been steady Eddie since day 1 too.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

I'd wager Pearce never would've signed with us if he knew Shackell would be brought in too. If I was him I'd be pushing for a loan for some first team football. He will obviously want to make the Ireland squad and has no chance if he stays here unless Keogh or Shackell get injured.

PistoldPete2
13 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Don't think it's Pearce going personally, I'd put money on bent leaving...Bristol city me thinks 

I think clement on radio Derby indicated Pearce isn't too happy not playing so it can't be much of a surprise if he is loaned out especially with bucko coming back. 

Archived