Reasons to be fearful 1,2,3

sage

Much of today's game was dreadful. I know we experimented but certain players have lost the plot and with Russell now out for a few weeks, I see 3 problems ahead.

1 Several players seem out of sorts, not right mentally. 

2, We seem to be going through all sorts of changes in terms of players, formations etc, far more than you would have thought we needed to post Ipswich and we look unsettled

3. We seem to be trying to change our system to suit new players rather buying/loaning players to suit our existing system. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have a dabble with this...

Christie: seems to be lacking in confidence.

keogh: was really bamboozled by 3 at the back.

Dawkins: got brought on - but mentally remained in his track suit and on the bench. (although a bit unlucky with his header)

hendrick: better today - but woeful last week.

I'm not convinced SM thinks much to either jake of keogh.

Reasons to be hopeful 1,2,3

1. Thorne is back in a few weeks and he fits our system perfectly. If he has the same impact as he did last season then we should be good for a top 2 finish

2. 2 of our new signings looked really good today, Albentosa showed how dominant he can be in the air and Bent showed how dangerous he can be. He missed a few chances but I'm sure as his confidence and match fitness increases, he'll improve.

3. We're in the play offs (win our game in hand and we go 2nd) and this is whilst we've had a few players performing below their usual standards and quite a lot of injuries throughout the squad

If we can get everyone fit for the last few months and get the new signings settled, I reckon we'll start to get a good run going and hopefully we can challenge for the top 2

Christie and Keogh raised my blood pressure to the point I might explode at their complete lack of football intelligence. If Chesterfield had championship level finishing, we'f have lost 3 or 4-2, though you could argue we missed the 1 on 1's too.

I think Tuesday is a massive game and if we play like that we will lose.   

One good cup run.

Another in the pipe line.

Right in the promotion mix.

It's a good time to be a Ram. Enjoy it, it's not always this good.

And that's without playing to our full potential.

I'm hoping that the other teams around us are playing at near 100%, but we are still only at about 80 compared with last season.

We just need to find that extra.

Wondered what the hell he was thinking when I heard the team news on the way to the match at 2pm was expecting Roos and maybe bent to start but not 4 changes and no wingers whatsoever and 5 defenders. But luckily we pulled the win off. Most bizarre sub made me shout out what you doing you idiot subbing Martin for Dawkins? Anyone know the reason why? Martin didn't look too pleased too come off either.

Wondered what the hell he was thinking when I heard the team news on the way to the match at 2pm was expecting Roos and maybe bent to start but not 4 changes and no wingers whatsoever and 5 defenders. But luckily we pulled the win off. Most bizarre sub made me shout out what you doing you idiot subbing Martin for Dawkins? Anyone know the reason why? Martin didn't look too pleased too come off either.

I assume he was resting Martin for Tuesday?

I assume he was resting Martin for Tuesday?

That's what he said in his interview.

Martin was upset because he obviously wants to stay ahead of Bent and wanted a goal as chances were coming.

But I'm sure he sees the sense now.

With Martin we need to worry when he isn't moaning.

I think he wanted to see how Bent would look as the 1 in our 4-5-1. Can Bent play the "so-called pivot" role that Martin can?

That's what he said in his interview.

Martin was upset because he obviously wants to stay ahead of Bent and wanted a goal as chances were coming.

But I'm sure he sees the sense now.

With Martin we need to worry when he isn't moaning.

This is a really relevant comment. Over the last 6 or so weeks, a lot of Derby fans have been getting themselves worked up about the wrong things, the comment you made that I underlined is really insightful. It doesn't matter what faces Martin pulls, it doesn't matter if he throws his arms up and down when he doesn't get the ball. It does matter however, when he stops caring!

I just wish some other 'fans' realised how stupid they're being.

I wish I could dump some back to 2012 and show them these comments and ask them to relate them to how Theo Robinson or Steve Davies, or back even further to how Moxey was playing up front!

Archived