Reasons to be fearful 1,2,3

sage

This is a really relevant comment. Over the last 6 or so weeks, a lot of Derby fans have been getting themselves worked up about the wrong things, the comment you made that I underlined is really insightful. It doesn't matter what faces Martin pulls, it doesn't matter if he throws his arms up and down when he doesn't get the ball. It does matter however, when he stops caring!

I just wish some other 'fans' realised how stupid they're being.

I wish I could dump some back to 2012 and show them these comments and ask them to relate them to how Theo Robinson or Steve Davies, or back even further to how Moxey was playing up front!

Nail on the head...

Some fans have rather short memories

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They tried a new formation, IMO to try and test a plan B. You could tell by the number of wingers on the bench that if this wasn't working, the plan A was there to get us over the line. 

They tried it, it worked. We beat a very good League One side, who were bang up for it. 

The SS was full of moaners today. Clueless plonkers who had already starting gobbing off at their own players after 7 minutes. SEVEN FREAKING MINUTES!!!?!?

We don't look ourselves at the moment, but given where we were 2 years ago under Clough, I am more than happy. 

Under NC we used to have to be at our best to beat teams and we sat bottom half and going nowhere. 

Now we are in the cup, and a game in hand win away from joint top of the league, and we haven't even hit 3rd gear yet. 

Reasons to be positive in my view. 

Keogh is crap though. 

They tried a new formation, IMO to try and test a plan B. You could tell by the number of wingers on the bench that if this wasn't working, the plan A was there to get us over the line. 

They tried it, it worked. We beat a very good League One side, who were bang up for it. 

The SS was full of moaners today. Clueless plonkers who had already starting gobbing off at their own players after 7 minutes. SEVEN FREAKING MINUTES!!!?!?

We don't look ourselves at the moment, but given where we were 2 years ago under Clough, I am more than happy. 

Under NC we used to have to be at our best to beat teams and we sat bottom half and going nowhere. 

Now we are in the cup, and a game in hand win away from joint top of the league, and we haven't even hit 3rd gear yet. 

Reasons to be positive in my view. 

Keogh is crap though. 

so... basically what I said then?

I'll have a dabble with this...

Christie: seems to be lacking in confidence.

keogh: was really bamboozled by 3 at the back.

Dawkins: got brought on - but mentally remained in his track suit and on the bench. (although a bit unlucky with his header)

hendrick: better today - but woeful last week.

I'm not convinced SM thinks much to either jake of keogh.

You're way off here, Rimbaud. He subbed out Raul at the halftime to go with the 2 centre halves he wanted for the Blackburn game, and that's Keogh and Bucko - if I understood him correctly in his post match. No one at the game shouted more for Albentosa then I did (much to the funny looks I got from those around me - the one play where he dispossessed their player, danced away from a tackle and made a perfect pass mmmmmmm - but i have a feeling he's the #3 for right now, behind #2 Buxton and #1 Keogh. I'd go with Keogh and Raul, but I don't think that will happen in the short term.

Agree on the rest, ie Dawks, Hendrick, Christie etc.

Christie defo needs leaving out for a spell. Keogh liability. Bent looked class and visibly tired towards the end but hasnt been playing regularly. Liked the link up with him and Martin.

My choice only but for Tues:

Granty

Shotton

Albentosa

Bucko

Ward

Dawkins

Hughes

Hendrick

Martin

Bent

Is that team a joke?

Is that team a joke?

Its not good is it.

Lineup will be:

Grant

Christie Keogh Buxton Forsyth (or Warnock)

Mascarell

Hughes Bryson (if fit)

Dawkins - Martin - Ward

I'd like Albentosa in there, but I don't think its happening. Same for Bent.

You're way off here, Rimbaud. He subbed out Raul at the halftime to go with the 2 centre halves he wanted for the Blackburn game, and that's Keogh and Bucko - if I understood him correctly in his post match. No one at the game shouted more for Albentosa then I did (much to the funny looks I got from those around me - the one play where he dispossessed their player, danced away from a tackle and made a perfect pass mmmmmmm - but i have a feeling he's the #3 for right now, behind #2 Buxton and #1 Keogh. I'd go with Keogh and Raul, but I don't think that will happen in the short term.

Agree on the rest, ie Dawks, Hendrick, Christie etc.

Agree.  But not long term tho'

I sincerely hope Albentosa and Buxton are our pairing. Far better. Both more vocal and commanding. 

Albentosa bollocked Keogh in the first half. He will be a future captain IMO. 

No he didn't. He was calmly directing everyone, and lord knows in what language. Agree on the future captain though, as that much was evident. He's a star in the making. It will be Keogh and Albentosa. Bucko will prob be at Sheff United  ;)

I am not part of this newfangled Keogh inquisition that's going on on here. It's silly.

No he didn't. He was calmly directing everyone, and lord knows in what language. Agree on the future captain though, as that much was evident. He's a star in the making. It will be Keogh and Albentosa. Bucko will prob be at Sheff United  ;)

I am not part of this newfangled Keogh inquisition that's going on on here. It's silly.

It isn't newfangled on my part. Have always voiced my despair (much to others annoyance).

Could see Albentosa was something special though. Even in 45 minutes he oozed class that is a level above the others. 

Too many inquisitions going on full stop......I don't think we have a player who isn't attempting to give 100%......the system doesn't reward those who don't try......there's always someone to step into your shoes if you don't.

We would all have killed to be in this position 2 years ago and we need to remind ourselves constantly of that fact.

In Mac we trust

Really don't think we played that bad.

We did better than Chelsea. Was a disjointed performance but good enough on the day and not really much in doubt.

We did better than Chelsea. Was a disjointed performance but good enough on the day and not really much in doubt.

Quite......I'm sure if we had utilised our standard system immediately we would have won 3 or 4 nil but Steve looked at it as an opportunity to;

A)try out new systems with a view to finding a new plan b or c

B)try out new systems,with a view to proving to the doubting Thomas's that his original system is best,so shut the **** up.

Either way,I think it's falling back into place at the right time.

A good thrashing of Blackburn will dispel all the doubt.

Albentosa and Bent were ok but some of you are getting over excited.

With three at the back Albentosa had little to do,

He did one or two good things along with one or two stray passes

Bent looked at his best playing central

But missed a couple of sitters.

we are somewhat out of sorts and have been for most of the season.

The tinkering has had negative effects on certain players.

Some of last seasons stars are now looking nervy and fallible - including keogh, bucko, bryson, and dawkins.

Hopefully we sort this out and start producing some good displays.

The 5 goals v wolves seem a long time ago.

Archived