Reasons to be fearful 1,2,3

sage

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bucko did ok but do you want McClaren to sell Keogh then !

PS Did you notice that poor Bucko pass that Mascarell saved the day with .

Thought Buxton did ok though he did his job.

How on Gods green earth did you get the conclusion I want Keogh sold?

As I said I didn't go to the match so couldn't see Buckos wayward pass. I did have the radio on and it appeared to be Buckos only mistake of note.

Reading this thread it appears that Keogh couldn't handle 3 at the back but the less able Bucko could.

Wasn't there so basing my opinion on criticism of Keogh and there being none of Bucko

You were not there but I still feel you are wanting Bucko and Albentosa as the 2 CBs at the expense of Keogh correct me if I'm wrong.

How on Gods green earth did you get the conclusion I want Keogh sold?

As I said I didn't go to the match so couldn't see Buckos wayward pass. I did have the radio on and it appeared to be Buckos only mistake of note.

Can't remember too many Keogh mistakes either .

Perhaps 1 first half.

Do you want Keogh in our team and as Captain or do you want him dropped for Buxton and Albentosa or do you want Shotton and Albentosa as the CB pairing or even Whitbread and Albentosa!

Keogh has only missed 1 game this season as opposed to the other CBs who have been injured a fair amount haven't they !

Were you pleased with Mascarells corner for Derbys 1st goal.

Yes it was very good. I'd still prefer him competing for attacking midfield roles as he seems more of a playmaker for me. In fact think he did play slightly more forward yesterday in general. But that doesn't stop teams running through us so still need to address that in the short term till Thorne is back.

Re Keogh I personally wasn't bothered either way if he stayed or went when Burnley came in for him as do feel we could find an adequate replacement for at least similar money who isn't quite so error prone.

I don't seem to remember the likes of Yates and Stimac or Leacock and Moore making the same level of mistakes in our other promotion years. OK Leacock never repeated the form of that season and Moore was somewhat out of his depth in the Premier but doubt Keogh would be consistent enough to be a regular in the Premier League where errors are pounced upon with much more efficiency.

Yes it was very good. I'd still prefer him competing for attacking midfield roles as he seems more of a playmaker for me. In fact think he did play slightly more forward yesterday in general. But that doesn't stop teams running through us so still need to address that in the short term till Thorne is back.

Re Keogh I personally wasn't bothered either way if he stayed or went when Burnley came in for him as do feel we could find an adequate replacement for at least similar money who isn't quite so error prone.

I don't seem to remember the likes of Yates and Stimac or Leacock and Moore making the same level of mistakes in our other promotion years. OK Leacock never repeated the form of that season and Moore was somewhat out of his depth in the Premier but doubt Keogh would be consistent enough to be a regular in the Premier League where errors are pounced upon with much more efficiency.

My biggest worry is the wing backs Christie and Forsyth at the moment and is the reason teams are running at us unchecked because they are often too high up the field after poor passes and losing the ball and can't get back leaving Mascarell Hughes and Hendrick too much hard graft running back covering for them.

But they can improve on the training ground I hope.

PS Hughes ,Hendrick and Mascarell hardly ever misplace a pass unlike our wing backs.

Keogh will NOT be dropped. He is the captain, but if every move he makes is analysed then there are going to be bad moments.

You don't need to have analysed his every move to have noticed the 2 occasions in the first half where he presented them with good opportunities with some terrible play.

He's just such a bloody weakling, falling on his arse again under a challenge to let their player through out wide and heading it weakly behind himself for their player to run onto, both opportunities that a decent side would have scored from

Yes Christies form has definitely dipped, apparently Coventry fans said he did the same last season for them, started great and then ended up all over the place apparently.

He seems to be taking one touch too many going forward instead of crossing it which is negating his attacking play and defensively he has never looked particularly solid, but seems to panic towards the end of matches for me, taking wrong options in dangerous situations whereas Wisdom seemed very calm in those areas last season.

Yes Christies form has definitely dipped, apparently Coventry fans said he did the same last season for them, started great and then ended up all over the place apparently.

He seems to be taking one touch too many going forward instead of crossing it which is negating his attacking play and defensively he has never looked particularly solid, but seems to panic towards the end of matches for me, taking wrong options in dangerous situations whereas Wisdom seemed very calm in those areas last season.

Let's hope he picks up his form .

Christie and Forsyth seem immune from criticism but are not defending very well at the moment the emphasis is always on criticizing Mascarell and Keogh and I fear people are really missing the real problem area.

Back to the training ground for the wing back improvement please as they are basically good players and are members of a good squad.

I JUST WANT TO SAY UP THE RAMS

In Steve I trust.

Ha - I have been out since 6 but I knew there would be some thread started saying how ***** we are.

I haven't read it. I don't really care. Won 5 of our last 6 games, and the 5 we won we didn't concede a goal. Disappointing to lose to the Gumps, but local derbys create odd results. Still in the cup with not too much standing in our way if the draw is kind. Happy me tonight. Going to sort the wife out now.

What formation did you go with...and what style of play?

Some hysterical reactions on here.

I think I'll leave the doomsayers and general wrist-slashers in pieces - I mean in peace - for a couple of days, but consider this as my parting shot...

Grow up you fecking bunch of whining tossers.

I think I'll leave the doomsayers and general wrist-slashers in pieces - I mean in peace - for a couple of days, but consider this as my parting shot...

Get off that fence Eddie :) !

And heres another over reaction to anyone daring to say things weren't perfect! Red card offence surely.

Wondered what the hell he was thinking when I heard the team news on the way to the match at 2pm was expecting Roos and maybe bent to start but not 4 changes and no wingers whatsoever and 5 defenders. But luckily we pulled the win off. Most bizarre sub made me shout out what you doing you idiot subbing Martin for Dawkins? Anyone know the reason why? Martin didn't look too pleased too come off either.

Martin was playing deeper and at the tip of a diamond. A role Dawkins can play. Dawkins coming on did shortly lead to the team reverting to our normal formation. Martin had played a much more mobile rule, we were winning and we need Dawkins to get game time.

Just some obvious reasons I feel

I enjoyed the game they are a very good team. No doubt. We won, could and should have had more.

In the next round of an ideal season to be progressing.

I enjoyed the different formations..as we were at home Christie pushed fwd a lot more than if were playing away.

Not sure being captain should exempt someone from being dropped, surely its about the performances and consistency. Not sure he has been that consistent overall with regards to the number of errors he's made, don't think its a case of over analysing as many of them have been glaring and cost goals, in between that he was played well of course also at times.

I agree I think Steve will play him with Raul but personally would go for the reliability of Buxton first up, looking at the Spaniard he maybe looks more of a defender than someone who will carry the ball out so in that respect it may be that Keogh will partner him to enable us to bring the ball out better.

You don't need to have analysed his every move to have noticed the 2 occasions in the first half where he presented them with good opportunities with some terrible play.

I'm not saying he deserves to keep his place if his overall play drops below unacceptable. However, it hasn't, and as captain it's as much about morale as it is about play. The players respond to Keogh as captain, he's there man and they stick by him. If Raul comes in it will be for Bucko. Again, not my opinion of what should happen, but what will happen. Mac has said Bucko and Keogh will start on Tuesday too.

What formation did you go with...and what style of play?

After a few beers, I think my style was principally up and at'em. Whilst usually i like to be quite finessed in my approach, last night I was prepared to change tactics to get what I wanted. Formation is a little more fuzzy for me. I am not too sure in truth I principally focussed on any particular area of the playing field. However, the bottom line is that everyone particpating seemed happy with the result, and i guess that at the end of the day that is what counts - well for me, if not the majority of this Forum.

After a few beers, I think my style was principally up and at'em. Whilst usually i like to be quite finessed in my approach, last night I was prepared to change tactics to get what I wanted. Formation is a little more fuzzy for me. I am not too sure in truth I principally focussed on any particular area of the playing field. However, the bottom line is that everyone particpating seemed happy with the result, and i guess that at the end of the day that is what counts - well for me, if not the majority of this Forum.

Did you build up slowly from the back or did you resort to long ball tactics (ouch)

Did you build up slowly from the back or did you resort to long ball tactics (ouch)

I often think Sage that my best work is at the back, but given that over the years I have bulked out a bit I think that is because of greater freedom of movement. Don't get me wrong, I still like to give the front two some focus, and game videoing does also help in that regard. However, my wife still enjoys a proper bit of midfield assessment. She still seems quite happy with what I do, but there was one time a year or two back when I thought she might want to introduce an athletic, black midfield enforcer.

Archived