Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After exams had just finished i had a "Quick" read through the forum and noticed somebody mentioned that they should make a sign like the Welcome to Manchester one with Tevez on, 

what do you think to my attempt. 

"a/img705/7753/screenshot20130609at230" alt="screenshot20130609at230">

Its great but maybe could be better if he had a Derby kit on!

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/craig-conway-tips-johnny-russell-to-be-a-hit-for-derby-county-1.101235?

Craig Conway has tipped former Dundee United team-mate Johnny Russell to be a smash-hit at Derby County.

Conway was thrilled to see ex-Tannadice buddy Russell seal a four-year deal with Nigel Clough’s ambitious Championship outfit.

And Cardiff star Conway, who is set to grace the Premiership next season, has backed Russell to become a key man for the Rams after lighting up the SPL.

Conway said: “I’m sure Johnny will be a very big hit down there. I’m delighted for him because he works ever so hard at his game and deserves this chance to go and express himself on a bigger stage.

“He’s proved he can do it at the highest level in Scotland so now he’ll be taking his career to the next level.

“Johnny has always been a good player, destined for big things, and I don’t think he’ll let anyone at Derby down.

“They’ve obviously spotted his potential and there’s no doubt the Championship is a good league to play in for a talented guy like Johnny.

“He’ll revel in the chance to play other teams and will see this as a big challenge which he’ll rise to.”

Conway says Russell’s new Derby team-mates will benefit from his presence in the team.

He said: “I always liked playing with Johnny, and so did all the United boys for that matter.

“He’s got everything you’d look for in a modern-day player. He’s got a great leap, two good feet and can score goals for fun as he’s shown up in Scotland.

“He was great to play beside and the Derby boys will find that too when next season gets under way. It’s a good bit of business for all concerned.

“For now, Johnny should just relax now that everything is done and dusted after all the speculation.

“He’ll need a good holiday and once he comes back for pre-season, knowing him he’ll be ready to get stuck in.

“I wish him all the best and I can only see him doing one thing, which is good things for his new club.”

Another article on our signing - this is a bizarre signing, a lot of hype in the media! 

Knowing nigel.........

...........................grant

Brayford.....keogh......buxton........freeman

Coutts.........hendrick.....hughes.......bryson

..................martin.........ward

Subs.....deeney, sammon, russell, davies, doyle, o'connor, obrien.

I doubt that myself although you can just never tell.

After exams had just finished i had a "Quick" read through the forum and noticed somebody mentioned that they should make a sign like the Welcome to Manchester one with Tevez on, 

what do you think to my attempt. 

"a/img705/7753/screenshot20130609at230" alt="screenshot20130609at230">

If you edit out the Dundee United badge and nike tick, I'd want that on the forum masthead!

Johnny Russell's highs and lows. A better view of his game because everyone looks good when the ball is in the net.

and if don't like hearing his name said over and over you might want to mute it

The commentator has some very good things to say about our Johnny

Seeing as Russell is left footed but plays predominantly on the right and Jamie Ward is right footed but plays on the left, would a 4-3-3 formation not work quite well?

As they can both cut in and run at defenders and with Sammon/Martin starting up front, I reckon a 4-3-3 could be quite tidy.

Grant

Brayford       Keogh      New CB      Forsyth/New CB

Hughes                 Hendrick               Bryson

Russell        Sammon/ Martin       Ward

Fingers crossed Brayford signs a new contract soon!

Watching that video, one thing is for sure, we would be hindering ourselves by putting him out on a wing. He plays left, right and through the middle. Let him have a free role when we have the ball.

Seeing as Russell is left footed but plays predominantly on the right and Jamie Ward is right footed but plays on the left, would a 4-3-3 formation not work quite well?

As they can both cut in and run at defenders and with Sammon/Martin starting up front, I reckon a 4-3-3 could be quite tidy.

Grant

Brayford       Keogh      New CB      Forsyth/New CB

Hughes                 Hendrick               Bryson

Russell        Sammon/ Martin       Ward

Fingers crossed Brayford signs a new contract soon!

I'd put money on that being our primary formation next year.

Johnny Russell's highs and lows. A better view of his game because everyone looks good when the ball is in the net.

and if don't like hearing his name said over and over you might want to mute it

The commentator has some very good things to say about our Johnny

Good find, know where part 2 is?

Archived