We got ranked 19th

Cisse

This morning the postman delivered Finnish football magazines special number with rankings from Premier to League Two.

Derby were ranked 19th with a possibility to get as high as 15th. After studying the other teams I think they got us pretty much right.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said 19th on a wim to be honest - a pure guess, I guess if we could display any sort of staying power then we would be play off candidates but since our recent record shows form being very hit and miss and also poor away form then I would suggest they're not far off the money...

I would be surprised if we finished bottom, and I would be surprised if we finished top 4 - anywhere else, however, we are capable of finishing!

If we could of stopped falling into bad patches last season then we could of actually made it... We were only 3 wins off and after going for a couple of months without nothing but a whimper then it just shows what could of perhaps been!

In terms of players on paper.

Taking into account qualitry and experience at this level or above.

Then 19th is probably about right.

However, sometimes players who used to play at prem level suddenly lose it, or they just dont have anything to prove anymore.

Derby have young talent a lot of it is still unlocked potential.

Some straight from our youth system, some from league 2, where the championship is the highest levelk they have ever played.

So going from players names and the reputations alone, I think we will always be lower ranked than where we will actually finish come the end of the season.

Thanks to Cloughs eye for talent and the amaxing team spirit we have, which goes a long way.

What do foreigners know about our game of football?

English football in Finland is very popular. We have been following it 40 years. It has got a good coverage in tv through the years. There are a lot of fans who has their favourite team in England and has been following it for decades. Football based traveling to games is very common. Most of my friends, even women, follow some team in England. So I can say that we know a lot. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

English football in Finland is very popular. We have been following it 40 years. It has got a good coverage in tv through the years. There are a lot of fans who has their favourite team in England and has been following it for decades. Football based traveling to games is very common. Most of my friends, even women, follow some team in England. So I can say that we know a lot. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Yeah but if you're anything to go buy you are all a bunch of Muppets 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Yeah but if you're anything to go buy you are all a bunch of Muppets 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

You really should not judge others by me. You see I'm one very rare muppet. I actually am not interested in football so much. I love the Rams and have been following English football closely for decades. Other than that I don't follow football much. I know nothing about the tactics and players outside of UK are not so familiar to me.

My passion is ice hockey and especially NHL. American football is clear number two and only after that comes soccer, tennis, boxing and such.

Four Four Two magazine has us down for 17th.

Bolton 1st, Leeds 2nd, Leicester 3rd, Wolves 4th, Brighton 5th, Blackburn 6th .... Forest 11th ..... Millwall 22nd, Bristol City 23rd, Barnsley 24th.

FourFourTwo is normally a good magazine, but after their abismal effort last year, you would have thought they'd learned their lesson.

Laughable stuff really.

FourFourTwo is normally a good magazine, but after their abismal effort last year, you would have thought they'd learned their lesson.

Laughable stuff really.

I liked when they did 'top 50 football league players' in 2010 and had people like Richie Wellens at 12, Savage at 17 and didnt mention Hulse or Commons (who were at the time on fire). Commons probably should have been in at 5 or 6.

Four Four Two magazine has us down for 17th.

Bolton 1st, Leeds 2nd, Leicester 3rd, Wolves 4th, Brighton 5th, Blackburn 6th .... Forest 11th ..... Millwall 22nd, Bristol City 23rd, Barnsley 24th.

Leeds signed Varney, therefore they will not finish above 14th. Varney's club has finished in a worse position then they did each season he has signed for a club. His team has also only avoided relegation twice above League One level whilst he's been a regular. Personally, I'd have Leeds down for relegation.

Archived