Chris Maguire

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing with Green is, although a useful hardworking squad member, he's 29 so won't be getting any better. If we can find a decent young player to replace him no one will be complaining. That and his stock has probably diminished somewhat since his 'appearance' at Euro 2012 in which he failed to mark Fabregas for Spain's 4th goal...

Id much rather have kept maguire and sold tyson for nothing.

Really disappointed that Cloughy never gave him a chance.

He started 3 matches, and scored in 2 of 'em.

The third start was the cardiff match when the whole team played poorly.

He did well at pompey scored some crackers, and yet clough still wanted him sold.

Really wish I knew what Clough had against the player. Sounded personal if you ask me.

He started 3 matches, and scored in 2 of 'em.

The third start was the cardiff match when the whole team played poorly.

He did well at pompey scored some crackers, and yet clough still wanted him sold.

Really wish I knew what Clough had against the player. Sounded personal if you ask me.

Maybe it was more to do with his attitude? Have you considered that?

Excpet we couldn't have 'sold Tyson for nothing', he's under contract, so we'd have ended up paying him off. At least with Maguire gone we can reinvest the money and improve the team.

I'd have an attitude if I was forced to train with kids

If you think about it logically me duck, he was probably made to train with the kids because of his attitude. He didnt develop the attitude problem because he was put in with the kids, that was his punishment.

If Maguire did have a bad attitude and was upsetting the camp i wouldnt want him anywhere near the first team, it only takes 1 bad apple to rot the bunch.

Maguire is a flair player and generally you cannot treat players like that the way clough has done. When Maguire played I thought there was something in him and am sad that he has now gone, you look at sheffield wednesdays team with Madine, Mattock, Gardner and Kirkland and it does look good, If the latter two stay fit at least. If someone has an attitude problem you don't make them train with kids because the resentment will grow and they shall soon want out.

i agree to a point yr but if he generally has a bad attitude and doesnt want to learn how the management want him to play or how to progress how do you suggest you deal with that??? naughty corner??

Do we know he did any of this? All we have is one side of the story which is that Maguire said he wasn't in the first team, played him with the kids and then shipped him off. If he doesn't want to learn how the management want him to play the management should have taken into consideration what everyone was saying before they signed him, the fact is that he was a flair player and is a flair player. Generally they cannot change and to make them into a workhorse was always going to backfire. Also they could have had constructive chats rather than what sounds like clough just bullied Maguire and he didn't get his way so he pushed him out of the club.

some people on here seem to have the theory that clough is a bad manager with poor man management skills, i ere on the side of having a disciplined, work for each other squad, flair players can fit into that if they put in the work but some dont

Wednesday fan here,

basically in his interview he said that he felt as if he was unfairly treated at Derby, he didn't know what he did wrong, he felt he deserved a chance, he said he never had a problem with Clough but perhaps Clough had a problem with him, he was forced to train with the kids which he thought was unnescessary, he believes this will be a fresh start.

To be honest, he looks a really good player, what are your thoughts on him? What type of striker is he? He can shoot from distance i can see, something we have missed for a long time.

So pleased we got you first game, we will sell the allocation and it will be a buzzing atmosphere, great way to start the season. TWo clubs who should be Premier League clubs and i reckon we'll be a bit of a dark horse this season. Looking at Derby i don't know where the ambition is tbh, you have some good young players coming through, but why has your best player Green joined Leeds instead of signing a new contract? Have a lot of time for Derby and hope you get back to the Premier League but you need to sign some quality players imo.

http://www.baby-pictures.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Black-Baby-Laughing

I could name 17 players on our books who i'd class as 'better'

Its amazing that whenever we sell a player its down to their bad attitude.

Clough brought in Maguire and should be held fully responsible for this, same as Martin and Croft, they are players that do not fit his work ethos that he has installed.

Archived