Chris Maguire

DcFc Dyycheee

Take it easy.

We don't even have a ground that big. The season before you went down, you had an average crowd of 50% capacity. That's dreadful. It's easy to pull in all the fans for the big games.

For all the crap we have had to deal with over the past 12 years, averaging 20,000 or more every season is quite impressive tbh. Wednesday fans have had it very hard and like any other football club, when you are watching drivel week in week out and you have pure crooks runnig the club, fans are bound to become dsillusioned.

I see that your crowds have dropped significantly since your embarassing return to the Premier League, you can hardly talk attendances.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all the crap we have had to deal with over the past 12 years, averaging 20,000 or more every season is quite impressive tbh. Wednesday fans have had it very hard and like any other football club, when you are watching drivel week in week out and you have pure crooks runnig the club, fans are bound to become dsillusioned.

I see that your crowds have dropped significantly since your embarassing return to the Premier League, you can hardly talk attendances.

We still averaged 27,000, more then you. We got 33,000 at least 4 times last season... And we didn't just watch a promotion campain

i only said my original comment for a response. and now you're kicking off :'(

From the sounds of his interview, perhaps he didn't think that he might have to earn his place in the team. And isn't he 22? He's not much older than the 'kids' he's apparently annoyed to be lumped in with. Although it's a shame to see a talented young player go, it sounds like he got too big for his boots. If we could get Jacobs and Carayol (potentially) on the money we got for him, it's a decent result.

Oh, and will you lot stop bickering. Derby and Wednesday are both big clubs in this division, so there's no need to argue.

At least we've got better support than you...

Why do you have to start that argument - it's getting boring. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

They've just been promoted - so they're bound to be feeling confident and a little arsey, we're talking teams, not support.

I'm sure SWFC-Fan'll be on here again, come May. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Why do you have to start that argument - it's getting boring. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

They've just been promoted - so they're bound to be feeling confident and a little arsey, we're talking teams, not support.

I'm sure SWFC-Fan'll be on here again, come May. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Christ, i was only trying to wind him up! Now i'm more pissed off than anyone.

i'd say it was around 500k as did well in a struggling portsmouth side & does seem to have a high level of potential, although not in the system derby play, i just hope we can get in a forward who will score the goals we need

I'm not one of the 'Clough out' brigade, but he and/or his scouting team really dropped a b*llock with this farcical transfer. The general consensus was that he was very much a flair player, yet as soon as he didn't knuckle down to become the "boring workman-like" player that Clough requires of all his players, he was effectively finished at the club. Even Alex McLeish said before the friendly against villa last season, that in his opinion Maguire had a lot of ability and could be a match winner, but he could also be incredibly frustrating - if Clough couldn't deal with the frustrating side of him, why was he signed? - just hope we've managed to get most of our money back and we can get a decent replacement in.....

The evergreen wisdom of Alex McCleish.......

Really?! Every time i saw him play i thought he was class, wouldn't have minded us to go in for him. Still, i bet you would have wanted to keep him, at the minute your side looks very average, how Clough is still at you i don't quite know.

I doubt too many folks are bothered either way about Green. He had the chance to sign and decided to go for the loot. Can't blame him.

The board here are trying to establish some continuity and are not throwing money around. I know that is unfashionable and some are looking forward to the day when Clough gets his marching orders. However, some of us think he's doing a decent job under difficult circumstances.

Who do you think will replace Jones at your place? Can't be long now.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Archived