Chris Maguire

DcFc Dyycheee

Maguire said he never got a chance at Derby, well sometimes you have to work hard to be given a chance, maybe he didn't work hard enough, maybe he and Cloughie didn't hit it off, maybe he was a negative influence on the squad, maybe he got distracted who knows, he's gone, should have kept his mouth shut and we all move on.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I trust Clough and his judgement of players, how many players let go by Derby have gone on to do better things?

Commons back to unfit and scored just once this season

Hulse didn't even make the QPR squad of 25 start of the season!

Moxey in and out of a bottom half palace side

McEveley loaned out to league two and didn't impress.

Cwyka went to reading, barely played and then released

Pearson went to Bristol, and earned himself a contract.

Addison struggled to break into a poor Barnsley side - went to league one

Bywater went to Cardiff, really poor - went to league one

Connolly went to leeds - released by leeds

the rest went to lower league teams. I think it's fair to say, he has been spot on so far, even if you disagree or not.

Clough did not sign any of these, or you are doing is highlighting players from a poor team that have left, Clough has been here 3 years now, how many of his signings have left and are doing better ?

Clough did not sign any of these, or you are doing is highlighting players from a poor team that have left, Clough has been here 3 years now, how many of his signings have left and are doing better ?

I put a list of players Clough had released from Derby, weather he signed them or not, and didn't Clough sign Moxey? he hasn't let a player go that has gone on to do better. and the majority of Clough signings managed a top half championship finish last season, who are still here.

I put a list of players Clough had released from Derby, weather he signed them or not, and didn't Clough sign Moxey? he hasn't let a player go that has gone on to do better. and the majority of Clough signings managed a top half championship finish last season, who are still here.

Thought he signed Cywka as well.

You said you trusted Cloughs judgement on the back of the players he let go, I looking at the players he has signed and as to date not one has gone on to do better things, Lee Croft played 27 games, Martin 2 games, Maguire 7 games, Hendrie 9 games, Anderson 34 games are just a few I can think off that he has got it wrong on.

You said you trusted Cloughs judgement on the back of the players he let go, I looking at the players he has signed and as to date not one has gone on to do better things, Lee Croft played 27 games, Martin 2 games, Maguire 7 games, Hendrie 9 games, Anderson 34 games are just a few I can think off that he has got it wrong on.

The ones he signed and has been right about are still here though, and like I said finished top half championship with us. I trust him when letting players go, his actual process to signing players could improve though.

I trust Clough and his judgement of players, how many players let go by Derby have gone on to do better things?

Commons back to unfit and scored just once this season

Hulse didn't even make the QPR squad of 25 start of the season!

Moxey in and out of a bottom half palace side

McEveley loaned out to league two and didn't impress.

Cwyka went to reading, barely played and then released

Pearson went to Bristol, and earned himself a contract.

Addison struggled to break into a poor Barnsley side - went to league one

Bywater went to Cardiff, really poor - went to league one

Connolly went to leeds - released by leeds

the rest went to lower league teams. I think it's fair to say, he has been spot on so far, even if you disagree or not.

Agree with this. If you look at all the players NC has shipped out from taking over from Jewell its clear that he knows what he's doing. Clough had to slash the size of the squad, slash the wage bill, keep us up; he had no choice with Commons, Hulse, Green - they went for the money. The only one that I thought was strange was Moxey. Savies is going for 'family reasons'. The likes of Croft, Bailey and Addison have been overtaken by others and he has 'home grown' talent coming through who have been brouight up for the past 3 years knowing what is expected of them.

I have to admit that NC bemuses me at times but he does seem to get it right more often than not. It's clear he won't keep players who don't toe the line or who just don't develop as expected - Cwyka, Bywater and now Maguire.

Are we really going back to Cywka saga here?! i hear theres loads of clubs looking to sign him now hes been released from Reading

I never led anything to discuss about Cywka.

What does what he's doing now have to do with owt?

Luke Moore went to Swansea, Kuqi went to Oldham. Who was better for Derby?

Some people insist Clough is always right and think anyone criticising him wants him sacked.

If this had been Forest and Cotteril we'd be calling it **** management.

How can anyone say Clough doesn't have his favourites?

Pearson, Savage, Tyson, Moore, Doyle, Bavies have all got in ahead of players better than them while Martin, Maguire, Cywka, Shefki haven't been treated the same. They haven't.

Whether you love Clough/hate Clough, rate Tyson/rate Maguire.... not everyone gets the same opportunity.

Everyone gets the same opportunity, but you have to work for it.

Should Clough put Maguire in the team regardless of how he was performing elsewhere because of his name? you can't honestly say that if Maguire put a shift in with the reserves, and on the training pitch and did everything asked off him he would of still been left out, it's because he didn't do them things, he was left out.

I honestly don't think Clough cares if he gets on with players or not, he will pick players on merit.

Btw, I'm not saying Clough got rid of world beaters.

Just that what works for one club might not work for another.

What I'm trying to say is Tyson and Bavies and Pearson have been far worse in some games than Dave Martin or Maguire were on their rare appearances. Talk about attitudes but Nigel signed these players. Besides, do all you guys hold hands with everyone you work with. I expect some professionalism to get good results.

Like I say, I want Clough to be our manager, but he's not always right.

Maguire might be great or ****e. I don't care. If he is awesome for Wednesday that doesnt mean he would of been awesome for us. My complaint is only with how he was treated.

Some players are good trainers, some aren't. Some players will respond to being thrown in the reserves. Some won't.

Clough signed Maguire!

He came to play for Derby. Not sit on a bench.

You don't get pts in training. Who says he didn't train hard? Tyson and Doyle and Pearson must of been awesome off the pitch then.

Clough isn't always right. Promise

Archived