Theo Robinson

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We sold Tudgay in 2006, football has become largely inflated since then. There is no value in the transfer market, there is a large difference between what a player is worth and what he sells for if he doesnt have to be sold, some people on this forum just dont realise that

Bris mate the reason why he only scored 5 goals in the last 5 months and the reason why he did not play all the time is quite simple he picked up an injury around Xmas time which kept him out for about 6 weeks I believe (hamstring) and then was not quite ready to be chucked in and had to be bedded back into the team pretty much like Savies.

Think that might be the reason why in that respect.

McCleary scored more goals for Forest in 2 games than Theo did in the last 5 months.. 9 goals in 22 appearances. And that was from outwide..

So if we use the 'Theo' logic.. He would have scored 25+ goals if he had a full season and his market value is somewhere around $3.5mill as a winger who scores goals is rare. He's also young and fast so I expect him to improve and be playing for someone like Arsenal in 3 seasons.

Before anyone mentions I'm not trying to pick petty arguements with anymore.. I'm merely stating it's unfair and untrue to suggest that young players are automatically going to improve.. If that was the case surely Frances Jeffers and Neil Mellor would have fired us to World Cup glory by now..

Theo has his limitations and by his standards last season was a good season.. Let's not go over the top now and think that he's some sort of hot prospect who'll hit 20 goals next season.. He's a tryer, and another 12 goals next season from a player with his ability would be a good return..

There's no need to heap any pressure on him and I'd hate to see people slagging him off because he hasn't reached the big 20.. Slag him off if he's crap and not good enough for Derby County, but don't slag him off if he hasn't reached your ridiculously optimistic expectations of him..

I hope he improves next season, but if he doesn't and has a season similar to this one, we can accept that.

McCleary scored more goals for Forest in 2 games than Theo did in the last 5 months.. 9 goals in 22 appearances. And that was from outwide..

So if we use the 'Theo' logic.. He would have scored 25+ goals if he had a full season and his market value is somewhere around $3.5mill as a winger who scores goals is rare. He's also young and fast so I expect him to improve and be playing for someone like Arsenal in 3 seasons.

Actually he would have scored between 18 and 19 goals ( 46/22 is just over 2)

His Market value was zero because his contract ran out and that's what people paid for him.

4 of his 9 goals came in one match so he scored 5 goals in all but one day of 9 months. That's pretty ***** that is even for a winger and far worse than Robinsons record.

Leicester have just paid £1.5m for a player who has just come from Conference side Fleetwood Town. Admittedly he scored 30 odd goals last season but there's no guarantee he will do the same in the Championship.

Using this logic both Theo and Steve Davies are worth more than that.

Talking about the Cod Army and fish in general, I wonder how much current Grimsby and ex Alfreton Town player Liam Hearn is worth now.

We could find a plaice in our side for him I think.

Leicester have just paid £1.5m for a player who has just come from Conference side Fleetwood Town. Admittedly he scored 30 odd goals last season but there's no guarantee he will do the same in the Championship.

Using this logic both Theo and Steve Davies are worth more than that.

Talking about the Cod Army and fish in general, I wonder how much current Grimsby and ex Alfreton Town player Liam Hearn is worth now.

We could find a plaice in our side for him I think.

Swore it was 1 million.

Btw I'm Heskey.

Archived