Theo Robinson

DcFc Dyycheee

Is Theo better? Or might it just be that Roberts has better control, ball ability, leadership, movement, link-up play, intelligence etc

Find me a striker with all those abilities and i'll give you the 30 million to buy him!!!.

And thanks for clearing things up Leeds, I never suggested Theo was worth $1.50 of course not.. I just suggested he's worth less than $750k.

Errrr you said £1.50 is closer to his real value!!!!!!! try to remember what you said bris.

One thing that annoys me so much is when people judge strikers on a single figure (goals) and disregard every other aspect about their game..

Strikers are there to score goals. end of story.

No, you suggested he was worth nearer to £1.50 than £750.000

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate stats and my comments were not a crystal ball comments but summing up threads when he signed and throughout the season about Theo and at the game hearing the chanting.

I have finished it off with my opinion which might be a crystal ball comment but I think there is a realistic chance not as he has proved he could do it this season but as someone who likes to watch him and likes his improvement to date long may it continue. I would however like funds to buy that rounded striker which to be fair we dont have one at present to play alongside him.

I'm pretty sure he said £1.50 was closer to his real value than £1,500,000, which is correct if you assume he's worth 750k...

I'm pretty sure he said £1.50 was closer to his real value than £1,500,000, which is correct if you assume he's worth 750k...

He said £1.50 was closer to his value than £750.000 which is absoloute rubbish, he's got to be worth at least £500.000.

He said £1.50 was closer to his value than £750.000 which is absoloute rubbish, he's got to be worth at least £500.000.

No I am pretty sure he said his value was closer to $1.50 than $1.5 million

sometimes your posts just confuse me!

goals arent the most important thing about a striker...................

are you for real last time I checked goals win games not stats

I understand what you are saying but some of the comments are just plain rubbish, I would much rather have a player who has a better goal ratio than anything else if he just gets goals.

So you'd rather have Grant Holt and Danny Graham than Didier Drogba and Danny Welbeck as they simply score more.. I bow down to your superior footballing knowledge.. You've ended this football discussion with your delightful comments and ridiculing of any other footballing brain that comes to the conclusion that there is more to a striker than putting the ball in the onion bag.

I hate stats and my comments were not a crystal ball comments but summing up threads when he signed and throughout the season about Theo and at the game hearing the chanting.

I have finished it off with my opinion which might be a crystal ball comment but I think there is a realistic chance not as he has proved he could do it this season but as someone who likes to watch him and likes his improvement to date long may it continue. I would however like funds to buy that rounded striker which to be fair we dont have one at present to play alongside him.

Can you please elaborate on what part of his game has improved (other than his goals)? Not a dig or anything mate I'm genuinely interested to know..

Find me a striker with all those abilities and i'll give you the 30 million to buy him!!!.

Errrr you said £1.50 is closer to his real value!!!!!!! try to remember what you said bris.

Strikers are there to score goals. end of story.

Every striker has those abilities, it's whether those abilities are any good or not.. Jason Roberts clearly excells in the majority of the other abilities otherwise Reading wouldn't have bought him.. His goal record isn't that great, but he does a great job for the team.. Their win % with him in the team was huge..

I said $1.50 is closer to his real value than $1.5mill.. Which would suggest that I believe he's worth less than $750k.

Of course strikers are there to score goals, you can't expect your defenders and midfielders to be your top goalscorers.. But they also have other duties.. Like I mentioned, Didier Drogba scored less goals than Grant Holt, Danny Graham and his own team mate Daniel Sturridge.. So why did Drogba start the CL final given that Daniel Sturridge has a better goal ratio.. Is it because he defends better, leads the line better, has better ball control, link-up play, heading ability etc..

You can debate all you like and if you don't agree that's fine, but I simply will not accept that a striker is judged on the amount of goals only and I'm aware that a fair few other managers would agree with that.

Of course strikers are there to score goals, you can't expect your defenders and midfielders to be your top goalscorers.. But they also have other duties.. Like I mentioned, Didier Drogba scored less goals than Grant Holt, Danny Graham and his own team mate Daniel Sturridge.. So why did Drogba start the CL final given that Daniel Sturridge has a better goal ratio.. Is it because he defends better, leads the line better, has better ball control, link-up play, heading ability etc

Probably because daniel studge isn't a big game player drogba is. it's the same with park at man utd hardly plays in the league but always in on the big euro matches.

Every striker has those abilities, it's whether those abilities are any good or not.. Jason Roberts clearly excells in the majority of the other abilities otherwise Reading wouldn't have bought him.. His goal record isn't that great, but he does a great job for the team.. Their win % with him in the team was huge..

I said $1.50 is closer to his real value than $1.5mill.. Which would suggest that I believe he's worth less than $750k.

Of course strikers are there to score goals, you can't expect your defenders and midfielders to be your top goalscorers.. But they also have other duties.. Like I mentioned, Didier Drogba scored less goals than Grant Holt, Danny Graham and his own team mate Daniel Sturridge.. So why did Drogba start the CL final given that Daniel Sturridge has a better goal ratio.. Is it because he defends better, leads the line better, has better ball control, link-up play, heading ability etc..

You can debate all you like and if you don't agree that's fine, but I simply will not accept that a striker is judged on the amount of goals only and I'm aware that a fair few other managers would agree with that.

Emile Heskey gets ridiculed for his lack of goals but his all round play earned him 60 odd England caps, 2 teams broke their transfer record to sign him.

You are right in saying that their all round play is important but goals are what count more.

Archived