Theo Robinson

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also the valuation of players are quite suprising as well. Whe topics have been on here in respect of what players are worth no one would have said more than 500k for robinson. It also looks like we may get a decent fee for addison as well as BBC reporting a number of clubs not just Bournemouth looking at him. Will have to wait and see it on both of these. If both come off if £2million say is raised should go straight back in squad. Along with Savies as well possibly leaving along with Croft and Maguire should have the money to buy 1 or two players and Jacobs on a free type signing (par compensation) and the youngsters coming throuh could be an exciting season.

Don't sell him. He was rubbish for a few months "on loan" as he settled in, improved a lot last season and got 12 goals, knew the way we played, he should easily be capable of getting 15 or more next season. He isn't a gamble any more, he's proving his worth to the team so why would we sell him?

Even if we got £1.5m and it was spent on another striker, do we want to take time to get another person settled in and have the gamble as to whether they will? With Davies likely to be sold, that would mean two new principle strikers in at the club and no idea if either will work out.

He might not be the world's greatest player but his value to the side was there to see last season, so in my opinion don't sell, unless a Seth Johnson or Christian Dailly-type offer comes in that would be stupid to refuse.

£1.50 is closer to his real value

Ridiculous comment!!!!!!!

He's a young lad, fast and can score goals and will get better. would have hit 20 goals at least last season had he played every game but because he aint alan shearer he gets slagged off!!!.

If i were a derby player and read some of the dribble put on here i'd bugger off anyway.

He's paid to score goals which he did do....what else does he have to do?????

Ridiculous comment!!!!!!!

He's a young lad, fast and can score goals and will get better. would have hit 20 goals at least last season had he played every game but because he aint alan shearer he gets slagged off!!!.

If i were a derby player and read some of the dribble put on here i'd bugger off anyway.

He's paid to score goals which he did do....what else does he have to do?????

1. There is no proof of him getting better (Barnes, Lupoli, Freddie Eastwood, Lee Homes, Nyatanga etc.)

2. He's young and fast.. Yes that doesn't make you a good footballer.. The fastest player in Britain was playing in the Conference

3. There's no proof he would have scored 20 goals last season.. Also, there's a reason he didn't play everygame

4. He's not paid just to score goals in the same way a midfielder isn't paid just to pass the ball.. There's so much more to every position that doing 1 basic thing.. Positioning, ball control, link-up play, strength, tackling etc..

5. $1.50 is closer to his real value, as there is no way Theo is worth more than $750k.

Let's not forget that Theo scored 10 league goals all season... He scored 5 after Peterborough away on the 5th November 2011.. So, in general, he is getting massive praises for his 'goals' when in reality he only scored 5 goals in the last 5 months of the season.. 1 goal a month. The fact that he can't do anything but run and score goals $1.5mill is the deal of the century.

Did I forget to mention that Tudgay scored 9 goals in his first full season playing out wide..

Did he get much better?

Did we sell him for $1.5mill?

He was young and surely going to improve because that's what all young players do right?

Bris mate the reason why he only scored 5 goals in the last 5 months and the reason why he did not play all the time is quite simple he picked up an injury around Xmas time which kept him out for about 6 weeks I believe (hamstring) and then was not quite ready to be chucked in and had to be bedded back into the team pretty much like Savies.

Think that might be the reason why in that respect.

Tudgay was sold on the cheap because he was out of contract in that summer and Phil Brown is a idiot

Wasn't Tudgay sold before Brown? also the club was on the brink so he had to sell him, it isn't like he had a real choice in the matter.

Let's not forget that Theo scored 10 league goals all season... He scored 5 after Peterborough away on the 5th November 2011.. So, in general, he is getting massive praises for his 'goals' when in reality he only scored 5 goals in the last 5 months of the season.. 1 goal a month. The fact that he can't do anything but run and score goals $1.5mill is the deal of the century.

Got injured in November didn't come back until December and only started 16 games from November 19. doesn't quite look as bad when you look at 5 goals from 16starts as 5 goals in 5 months. Oh yeah it's actually 6 goals because the FA cup goal was in one of those 16 starts.

1. There is no proof of him getting better (Barnes, Lupoli, Freddie Eastwood, Lee Homes, Nyatanga etc.)

2. He's young and fast.. Yes that doesn't make you a good footballer.. The fastest player in Britain was playing in the Conference

3. There's no proof he would have scored 20 goals last season.. Also, there's a reason he didn't play everygame

4. He's not paid just to score goals in the same way a midfielder isn't paid just to pass the ball.. There's so much more to every position that doing 1 basic thing.. Positioning, ball control, link-up play, strength, tackling etc..

5. $1.50 is closer to his real value, as there is no way Theo is worth more than $750k.

Sorry Bris but his REAL value is what someone is prepared to pay for him, £1.50 is what you and EKR value him at. In which case I'm glad you're not running the club.

I've taken back everything I said about him when he first joined. He was great last season and is now our most potent threat.

Having said that, I think we could buy two of him for £1.5m. Sell, although it's a silly story that's never going to materialise.

Archived