Theo Robinson

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ha ha, I like Theo but can you imagine him in the Prem at the minute? I am a fan and maybe one day he will play at the top level but really? It seems that they have just looked down the scorers chart, then down the transfer fee paid chart and crowbarred a story together

Didn't he come here to be closer to friends and family in Birmingham?

IF there was any truth in it obviously first choice would be Birmingham then Leicester. Can't see him wanting to go to Leeds or Blackpool.

The thing is with Robinsonson having 23 league starts and 9 goals he has a strike rate of goal every 2.56 games if he continues this next season that is an 18 goal a season striker (same as Hulse in best season)

Then there is Savies 17 league starts and 11 goals strike rate of a goal every 1.55 games which could bring a staggering 29 goals next season if continues the strike rate.

Which is why next season for me we have to keep both and not only this but keep em fit for the season. If this had been done this season would we be in playoffs now. Neither are brilliant footballers in their own right but compliment each other and that is what partnerships are about

Has all the hallmarks of lazy end of season gossip. Can't see him leaving after 12 months...

Shackell left Barnsley after 12 months.

I'd keep Robinson unless an offer of over £500,000 came in for him. He's good at this level but premiership clubs, really? Given an injury free season and with a partnership up front, I think them two compliment each other very well, Steve Davies can pick a through ball and Robinson has the pace to beat a defender. Be nice if he could get a few more goals before the end of the season, be nice for our top goalscorer to be on 15 goals or so.

I'd keep Robinson unless an offer of over £500,000 came in for him.

You would really sell if an offer came in for 500k?

Whatever you may think of Theo, his goals have made him a key part of Clough's team and we would be stupid to sell for anything less than 2M plus.

Clough stated the other day that he is very keen to keep this team together and replacing our top scorer would not only set the team back considerably in terms of a new striker settling in but would also cost a deal more than 500k. Unless of course Clough manages to pull yet another piece of transfer marvelry and find yet another bargain.

He came to Derby with his reputation in tatters and Clough deserves a massive amount of praise for changing around the fortunes of a young player and spotting potential that others couldn't.

Too many on here are too quick to point out Theo's failings but putting the ball onto the back of a net is what he is paid to do and he is the best that we have at doing that.

Archived