Theo Robinson

DcFc Dyycheee

Theo's a good championship player. Occasionally his first touch is poor but once he has it under control he rarely wastes it, often finds a white shirt, and always makes himself available. His work rate is excellent and he draws defenders out of position.

Oh, and he's quick.

And scores goals.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion a lot of people have a hard time of seeing the development on Theo's part this season. He did seem to be awful far from becoming a proven Championship goalscorer at times this season. He still ended scoring a bunch of goals in matches he played. I believe Premier teams have scouts who have enough talent in them to recognise potential in places where the average joe perhaps doesn't. I'm not saying Theo will be a great premier player but I would be very surprised if he doesn't develope to a better player than he is now. And even now he finds the net from time to time.

I don't want him to leave because he's a perfect example of the plan that Clough set out when he first came in as manager. Bring in players with a good work ethic and who strive to improve. He's definitely improved as a player and works his socks off, but if one of those teams came in with a £1.5m offer I think they would find it difficult to reject. It's a good deal if it's true and becomes a reality.

Premiership clubs make me laugh. So desperate for the next BIG thing that if you score a few goals against Coventry and Barnsley they start throwing millions about.

Not talking about Theo particularly. Just anyone who scores a few is instantly worth millions no matter whether they're good or not.

Danny Graham spring to mind. He's not very good IMO. 1 good season for Watford. Top scorer for Swansea because he's their only striker (Luke Moore doesn't count cus he's pooh). Give it a year or two and we'll of forgotten Graham exists. But he is "worth" millions?!

I don't want him to leave because he's a perfect example of the plan that Clough set out when he first came in as manager. Bring in players with a good work ethic and who strive to improve. He's definitely improved as a player and works his socks off, but if one of those teams came in with a £1.5m offer I think they would find it difficult to reject. It's a good deal if it's true and becomes a reality.

If he was sold for 1.5M it would also be the first player Clough has signed and sold on for a decent profit

If he was sold for 1.5M it would also be the first player Clough has signed and sold on for a decent profit

Not quite sure where you are going with this but if Clough chose to sell his buys then I think practically all would make a profit.

His transfer dealings have been nothing short of inspirational.

Going back to the topic, we would be foolish to sell Theo. Whatever you may think about him, he scores goals and you have to pay a premium to find players that can find the net. He is worth 1.5M to us and I would not sell the player even if an offer of that worth came in.

Archived