Theo Robinson

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. There is no proof of him getting better (Barnes, Lupoli, Freddie Eastwood, Lee Homes, Nyatanga etc.)

rooney, beckham, scholes, shearer, osman, huddlestone etc.. you have no proof that he wont improve either.

2. He's young and fast.. Yes that doesn't make you a good footballer.. The fastest player in Britain was playing in the Conference

No it doesn't. but it helps, especially when your a forward.

3. There's no proof he would have scored 20 goals last season.. Also, there's a reason he didn't play everygame

And theres no proof he wouldn't have either, he was injured for long periods and shoved in before fully fit, thats the reason.

4. He's not paid just to score goals in the same way a midfielder isn't paid just to pass the ball.. There's so much more to every position that doing 1 basic thing.. Positioning, ball control, link-up play, strength, tackling etc

Gary Lineker...enough said.

5. $1.50 is closer to his real value

Another ridiculous comment.

rooney, beckham, scholes, shearer, osman, huddlestone etc.. you have no proof that he wont improve either.

No it doesn't. but it helps, especially when your a forward.

And theres no proof he wouldn't have either, he was injured for long periods and shoved in before fully fit, thats the reason.

Gary Lineker...enough said.

Another ridiculous comment.

So it's riduclous to suggest he won't improve? When have given you many examples.. It's a flip of a coin, is it ridiculous of me to suggest it will land on heads?

Being fast helps in any position

There's no proof that Billy Kee won't score 100 goals next season.. Let's buy him for $1.5mill

Gary Linkeker was more about just finishing.. Hence him being in the England squad.. If it was all about finishing Darren Bent would have been an England regular for the past 10 years..

Stop saying posts are ridiculous when you're blatantly saying things that haven't even existed and you have no proof that those are going to happen..

And why is it ridiculous to suggest an average NPC striker is worth less than $750k.. Would you be happy if we bought Peterboroughs Paul Taylor for $750k? He scored 12 goals last season and is young at 24.

One could argue that having improved so much in his time with us already and comments from him and NC about learning and listening, would suggest that he has a predisposition for self improvement and therefore more likely to improve again this coming season.

So it's riduclous to suggest he won't improve? When have given you many examples.. It's a flip of a coin, is it ridiculous of me to suggest it will land on heads?

Being fast helps in any position

There's no proof that Billy Kee won't score 100 goals next season.. Let's buy him for $1.5mill

Gary Linkeker was more about just finishing.. Hence him being in the England squad.. If it was all about finishing Darren Bent would have been an England regular for the past 10 years..

Stop saying posts are ridiculous when you're blatantly saying things that haven't even existed and you have no proof that those are going to happen..

And why is it ridiculous to suggest an average NPC striker is worth less than $750k.. Would you be happy if we bought Peterboroughs Paul Taylor for $750k? He scored 12 goals last season and is young at 24.

Try to read my posts Bris. I said it's ridiculous to say that he's only worth £1.50, thats all. I gave my own opinions on your other comments.

I have no proof that he will improve, but as has been already said, his improvement already at derby would suggest he has the ability to do so. You have no proof he wont, iv'e seen him most of last season, how many times did you see him?.

Being fast does help in all positions, that was my point, again you were arguing it wasn't then said it was!!!!

Gary lineker was an out and out goal poacher and did little else, but was superb at it THAT'S why he played for england for so long, comparing darren bent to him is stupid. Gary Lineker never got booked in his entire career because he never chased back, he himself admitted this, Bent does chase back.

I'm not saying NPC players are worth less then £750.000, their worth more than £1.50.

Tbf to Bris, on this occassion he is right (there always has to be a first 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> ) he said his value was closer to £1.50 than £1.5M, he didnt say he was worth £1.50.

Theo has improved, it was hard not to, but he is still a average Championship player, he scored 9 goals in the league, which is commendable however his overall ability is poor, he will not improve on his control, vision or general play, you have either got it or you havent. What he gives Derby at this level, is someone who works his socks off, has pace to burn that gives Derby the ability to play balls into the channels for him to run after, he is a pest that Im sure defenders at that level dont like playing against.

He wont make it at a higher level IMO, but then again players like Vinnie Jones, Robbie Savage, and Geoff Thomas made it, more through hard work than ability, so maybe there is hope for him.

some good opinions Leeds, but my argument still stands, he's worth at least £500.000 at this level so he is nearer to £750.000 than £1.50.

I agree he aint no messi but he has improved and thats my point, anyone who has one ounce of knowledge of football can see he will get better. He may not end up a top class player but a very good steady lad who gives 100% week in week out.

Bris was chucking out players that never made it, ie, ended up not as good as we thought they would but failed to mention all the players that did.

It just gets my goat when folks talk about players as if they were managers and knew how to spot a good player, if thats the case why aint they working in football?.

I would rather him either improve further as a player or be sold for a nice tidy profit, so I hope you are proved right.

some good opinions Leeds, but my argument still stands, he's worth at least £500.000 at this level so he is nearer to £750.000 than £1.50.

I agree he aint no messi but he has improved and thats my point, anyone who has one ounce of knowledge of football can see he will get better. He may not end up a top class player but a very good steady lad who gives 100% week in week out.

Bris was chucking out players that never made it, ie, ended up not as good as we thought they would but failed to mention all the players that did.

It just gets my goat when folks talk about players as if they were managers and knew how to spot a good player, if thats the case why aint they working in football?.

I agree, Theo, for me, was by far and away the most improved player last year so to suggest he won't keep doing so is bucking the current trend. Having someone who is quick, athletic and knows where the goal is, is a major asset. He clearly works very hard and has an excellent attitude. I can't think of many championship strikers who I would want to spend a million on to replace him.

I would like one of these crystal balls that everyone uses to say whether someone would make it or not, would improve or not and how much a player is worth as there appears to be a lot of experts lol. If I had one I could become one of those super agents.

At the end of the day he has improved massively, not many believed he would get to double figures and/or feature much this season. He has however done both.

No one expected rumours linking him with prem teams yet this thread was opened due to this very rumour

He has captured the fans hearts and imagination more so than any other player since Commons left and to be fair has already played nearly has many games in one season than Commons in 3 years (joking by the way but not far off). The crowd chant his name whenever he comes off or comes on. At the end of the season as team going round his name is the one chanted. If fans thought he was **** they wouldn't be doing in it in that manner as lets be fair our fans are not backwards in showing what they think of players.

Clough and the coaches have commented on his work ethic and his willingness to listen and develop. This is a positive sign for the future and it is also positive to see him rewarded for his efforts. It is also an indication he could be come more than a rough diamond

If we are offered anything around the £1 million + mark then the club will be soft to turn it down as that could buy a more rounded striker who can score us 15+ goals a season. I however would at the moment prefer for him to stop and develop with us as I do feel although he is not a rounded striker that he could get 20+ goals IF fit for the season, if he scores this many then we as a club would be looking at a top 6 finish as sides with a striker who scores that many goals tend to be in or around top 6.

Sell Savies, Maguire and Addison and buy the rounded striker who can link up with him and one who can score 15,20+ goals next season. This would be a direct replacement for Savies and two players no where near the team moving on financing the deal and of the wage bill and would therefore finance the striker deal.

That is my preference for next season.

I would like one of these crystal balls that everyone uses to say whether someone would make it or not, would improve or not and how much a player is worth as there appears to be a lot of experts lol. If I had one I could become one of those super agents.

I however would at the moment prefer for him to stop and develop with us as I do feel although he is not a rounded striker that he could get 20+ goals IF fit for the season, if he scores this many then we as a club would be looking at a top 6 finish as sides with a striker who scores that many goals tend to be in or around top 6.

It appears you have one of those crystal balls 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

It appears you have one of those crystal balls 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

It also shows he didn't really check out the goalscoring charts either as only 1 team (Southampton) in the top 6 had a striker who scored more than 20 goals (Lambert)

It just goes to show that goals aren't the most important play about a striker.. Of course it's important and a huge bonus but the best strikers are those that contribute more than just sticking a ball in the back of the net..

You'd have to ask why Reading bought Jason Roberts or why they are paying him so much.. When he's only scored 6 goals.. Is Theo better? Or might it just be that Roberts has better control, ball ability, leadership, movement, link-up play, intelligence etc..

One thing that annoys me so much is when people judge strikers on a single figure (goals) and disregard every other aspect about their game..

And thanks for clearing things up Leeds, I never suggested Theo was worth $1.50 of course not.. I just suggested he's worth less than $750k.

It also shows he didn't really check out the goalscoring charts either as only 1 team (Southampton) in the top 6 had a striker who scored more than 20 goals (Lambert)

It just goes to show that goals aren't the most important play about a striker.. Of course it's important and a huge bonus but the best strikers are those that contribute more than just sticking a ball in the back of the net..

You'd have to ask why Reading bought Jason Roberts or why they are paying him so much.. When he's only scored 6 goals.. Is Theo better? Or might it just be that Roberts has better control, ball ability, leadership, movement, link-up play, intelligence etc..

One thing that annoys me so much is when people judge strikers on a single figure (goals) and disregard every other aspect about their game..

And thanks for clearing things up Leeds, I never suggested Theo was worth $1.50 of course not.. I just suggested he's worth less than $750k.

sometimes your posts just confuse me!

goals arent the most important thing about a striker...................

are you for real last time I checked goals win games not stats

I understand what you are saying but some of the comments are just plain rubbish, I would much rather have a player who has a better goal ratio than anything else if he just gets goals.

Archived