Jason Shackell

BorneoRam

New poster here.

Had to join to fill you in as feel it's only fair.

You may or may not believe me but have some information from a very reliable source If you know what I mean.

We've actually got 2 mill for shackell. Derby have insisted upon this being undisclosed to ensure that the club of their main target do not bump up the asking price for their player.

I understand that their main target has been tracked since January when his club played against us at pride park. I was aware he was our main target in April.

Derby were forced into moving quickly regarding forcing the sale of Shackell through on Monday as a club from Yorkshire made a bid for their main target.

I'm not saying this will happen 100% but I'm simply telling you what I've been told.

So based on that he's either from Palace, Coventry or Stoke. So its Keogh 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard from a very reliable source, ( not going to name him, so don't ask ) that, Derby will recieve 750k up front, and the rest upto a total of �1100000.01 if Shackel captains England to a world cup final win.

Shrewd work by our club, as we all know he is a very good defender.

I heard that he doesn't have to be captain, or even play in the tournament, so long as he turns up to lift the trophy.

New poster here.

You may or may not believe me but have some information from a very reliable source If you know what I mean.

We've actually got 2 mill for shackell. Derby have insisted upon this being undisclosed to ensure that the club of their main target do not bump up the asking price for their player.

I understand that their main target has been tracked since January when his club played against us at pride park. I was aware he was our main target in April.

Derby were forced into moving quickly regarding forcing the sale of Shackell through on Monday as a club from Yorkshire made a bid for their main target.

I'm not saying this will happen 100% but I'm simply telling you what I've been told.

Why didn't you just say Keogh?

The more I think about this the more it makes sense...

If you make people think you have less money than you do then other clubs aren't gonna push you for more money...

In fact if I was the board I'd have been the one "unofficially" telling journo's that it was only £1m...

New poster here.

Dont play with my emotions man!

IF indeed we did get 2 million and IF we bought 3 good players with the Shackell money would everybody be happy again?

The £1.1m figure has never been confirmed and probably never will, but the only source it has come from is somebody at the mail and everybody has taken it as gospel

Dont play with my emotions man!

IF indeed we did get 2 million and IF we bought 3 good players with the Shackell money would everybody be happy again?

The £1.1m figure has never been confirmed and probably never will, but the only source it has come from is somebody at the mail and everybody has taken it as gospel

You say that but I'm pretty sure Steve Nicholson would have bounced it off someone at the club before the Telegraph put it in their headline on Thursday, not for anything official but to know they are in the right area.

You say that but I'm pretty sure Steve Nicholson would have bounced it off someone at the club before the Telegraph put it in their headline on Thursday, not for anything official but to know they are in the right area.

All i remember seeing in the DET was "the fee was believed to be atleast £1.1m" i really dont think anybody apart from the 2 clubs has any idea, its all guess work

"All i remember seeing in the DET was "the fee was believed to be atleast £1.1m"

id agree that could be right

I dont know about the det not checking before they report on it either, i think both them and radio derby try to make the most of every storm in a teacup

I must agree with Curtains with his comment about Miles Addison. Before his injury and he bulked up so much he looked fantastic. I agree his mobility doesn't look great since the injury but I believe that is because he got so big! Why not trim him down a bit and get one of own local lads out at PP. He loves the club, wants to stay and he could be like a new signing. Ready to be shot down!!!

So far we are up to 63 pages, how many more will we have of people guesing something they will never know???

For what its worth Im going to guess 1.1million with a 500k add on if Burnley go up, Nige will be too scared to admit he sent his team out to lose against them as well as he needed to have more chance of getting 500k

This guessing malarky is fun!!!

I've not been able to listen to the Jason Shackell interview but can someone tell me if there is any mention of a failed contract renegotiation with Derby in there?

I've seen a couple of people mention it, but I'm trying to piece together some info that was mentioned at the fan forum on Monday that I didn't think much of at the time but now starts to make a bit more sense.

If someone can confirm what exactly was said then I can fill in the blanks and post my theory!

Archived