Kappa, it is...

Ambitious

Buy Mobiles are a very succesfull Derbyshire company and have put a lot of money to sponsor Derby over the last two years and continue to do so. Paul the MD does an incredible amount to promote Derby. He is a very approachable chap and he tweeted earlier in response to a question:

@paulsis: the sponsorship costs a lot of money so we may as well use the space we R allowed. We didn't in the last 2 years

For me they can put as big a sponsor logo on the shirt as the wish. They are prepared to put a lot of money into the club to do so

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think people on here are criticising the company or Paul, just a dislike at the size of the sponsor. Every season every shirt is ripped apart what we hate and love about it and it happens up and down the country at every club.

Really like both the tops - away & keeper. Best bit is the Ram being freed - its one of the most distinctive badges in football, we dont need any other form of identification

The green keeper top just looks class - very old school. And I always think our away kit should be black.

Re the oversized advert - I dont have a problem with it & I think the size may be a style in keeping with Kappa being an Italian manufacturer - look at typical Italian tracksuit tops with the teams name in massive writing on the front.

Don't think people on here are criticising the company or Paul, just a dislike at the size of the sponsor. Every season every shirt is ripped apart what we hate and love about it and it happens up and down the country at every club.

Just to build on this point, from my POV it's more of a case that it's just bad design - the decision to split the type across three lines means the sponsor logo doesn't read well, plus it looks garish and it's at odds with the rest of the shirt.

Though I understand how a sponsor may feel that spending lots of money means they should get their dimes worth, they should also understand that sometimes less is more, and a massive, ugly logo can actually reflect badly on their brand rather than help create more awareness.

A little taste and moderation would've gone a long way in this scenario.

I love it, it looks great.

Couldn't give a monkeys about the size of the sponsor, if it means they gain more income through advertising on our shirts they're liable to plow in more money next season. Christ knows money isn't coming from the owners is it.

Couldn't agree more Ramshankered, a, I think the name of the blokes company is lousy, and b, taking up 3 lines looks toilet, I wouldn't buy a shirt with that on it, looks like another polo for me.

this might come across as a bit sausagety - but just dont buy it then.

The bloke has launched built and ran a very successful business, so successful in fact that he can now live the dream that most of us have, if we get loaded we'll give our money to our local football club and you want to have a go at the name of his firm.

I wont get even more narky by asking for the name of your multi million pound business so we can compare your creativity levels? I'd say it's a SUPERB name, if you're going to google when you're looking for a new mobile, what two words are you most likely to use?

[url=http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=buy+mobile+phone&meta]http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=buy+mobile+phone&meta=

he's only gone and got himself in first place on google ahead of national firms who spend hundreds of thousands on advertising, the bloody idiot.

I can NEVER EVER remember me thinking "feck me but if that sponsors logo wasn't so big Theo would have latched on that for sure"

if you buy the shirt you do it cos it's your team, you don't buy it so you can go poncing around the pink coconut shouting look at me and my tiny logo.

Couldn't agree more Ramshankered, a, I think the name of the blokes company is lousy, and b, taking up 3 lines looks toilet, I wouldn't buy a shirt with that on it, looks like another polo for me.

TBF, I actually really like the design of the rest of the shirt, and am actually considering buying one (though waiting for the home kit first) - it's just a great shame that if the logo had been smaller it would've been an absolute stunner!

641..us/img641/1487/40250q

Disclaimer: Yes this is a mock up, yes it's been photoshopped, Yes I am sorry for maybe getting it totally wrong.

Anyway, an idea what it might be like - will compare on Sunday! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' />

Seems I should be a football kit designer then - and I even get the sponsor right.

Redcar takes a bow!

The bloke has launched built and ran a very successful business, so successful in fact that he can now live the dream that most of us have, if we get loaded we'll give our money to our local football club and you want to have a go at the name of his firm.

I wont get even more narky by asking for the name of your multi million pound business so we can compare your creativity levels? I'd say it's a SUPERB name, if you're going to google when you're looking for a new mobile, what two words are you most likely to use?

[url=http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=buy+mobile+phone&meta]http://www.google.co...bile phone=

he's only gone and got himself in first place on google ahead of national firms who spend hundreds of thousands on advertising, the bloody idiot.

I can NEVER EVER remember me thinking "feck me but if that sponsors logo wasn't so big Theo would have latched on that for sure"

if you buy the shirt you do it cos it's your team, you don't buy it so you can go poncing around the pink coconut shouting look at me and my tiny logo.

I'm not sure if this was partially addressed at me, but just to re-iterate I'm not bashing the business or the chap who runs buymobiles.com. He's clear know how's to run a successful business!

What grates with me is that, from a design POV, a football shirt should be a balance between club branding, manufacturer branding and club sponsorship. Each should have equal footing and be tastefully represented to create the best aesthetic. It's a question of good design vrs. bad design, and the logo on the shirt is frankly bad design! Luckily the rest of the shirt is good design, so that helps balance it out - it's just a shame that if the sponsor logo had been smaller, that shirt would be a thing of football beauty!

Incidentally, your comment regarding google is a bit daft - for all we know he could be spending an absolute bomb on SEO words which would see his google ranking rocket up. Also he's in the 'featured sites' area for google search results, so he's also definitely paying google to appear higher at the top of the rankings (which costs a hell of a lot and is a form of advertising!)

What grates with me is that, from a design POV, a football shirt should be a balance between club branding, manufacturer branding and club sponsorship. Each should have equal footing and be tastefully represented to create the best aesthetic. It's a question of good design vrs. bad design, and the logo on the shirt is frankly bad design! Luckily the rest of the shirt is good design, so that helps balance it out - it's just a shame that if the sponsor logo had been smaller, that shirt would be a thing of football beauty!

I completely agree with your reasoning.

I just happen to also think that the design is fine just as it is. I think we've had plenty of bad ones over recent years. This is the first I've really liked for a while.

I'm not sure if this was partially addressed at me, but just to re-iterate I'm not bashing the business or the chap who runs buymobiles.com. He's clear know how's to run a successful business!

Incidentally, your comment regarding google is a bit daft - for all we know he could be spending an absolute bomb on SEO words which would see his google ranking rocket up. Also he's in the 'featured sites' area for google search results, so he's also definitely paying google to appear higher at the top of the rankings (which costs a hell of a lot and is a form of advertising!)

Not aimed at you ramshamkered. Just the daft comment about the guys company name.

I'm in sales not marketing and not a pay per click expert by any means, in fact I only scratched the surfcace of search engine optimisation in my last job, so will happily let that one go!! I was taught that having a domain name which includes key words in the tilte and is actually key "phrase" searchable is a goldmine in driving free and targetted traffic AND reducing the spend on SEO.

I could be wrong. My last companies marketing strategy wasn't very good!!!!

I love the shirt and I love the orange flash

[url=http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=buy+mobile+phone&meta]http://www.google.co...bile phone=

Indeed, your comment did come across as a bit sausagety, after I had stated I wouldn't buy a shirt with that logo on it, you tell me not to buy it if I don't like it. Tell me, what exactly was it you didn't understand about the words "I wouldn't buy a shirt with that on it". 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

I might add the gentleman in question has become wealthy DESPITE the lousy name of his company or are you suggesting he is only average in business and his company name is what brought him his success. Deary me.

Archived