Pride Park Atmosphere - Pls Read and Take Action.

therams69

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't be signing, not allowed to debate. Don't want to sit next to 3000 Forest, Birmingham, Leicester etc if this goes through I could be forced to move seat

Of course can debate mate... This is only to gauge opinion and everyones opinion should and no doubt will be counted. I guess though like many others already in the SE Corner for you not wanting to be sat next to 3000 away fans perhaps suggest you dont play a part in the atmosphere? Not a criticism but this is the problem we have.

[size=1]I've just realised you can sign it as many times as you want with the same e-mail address. Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge.[/size]

[size=1]I'm typing small so the club don't see this and think Nick signed it himself 1000 times.[/size]

Of course can debate mate... This is only to gauge opinion and every ones opinion should and no doubt will be counted. I guess though like many others already in the SE Corner for you not wanting to be sat next to 3000 away fans perhaps suggest you don't play a part in the atmosphere? Not a criticism but this is the problem we have.

you are right you could be a politician, i don't sit in the SE corner and also don't wish to be near the away fans but everyone has an effect in the atmosphere in the stadium, granted not always positive but by saying things like that your not making friends with fans currently outside your move. The lads ive gone down with for the last 10 years have always joined in with the derby songs and so do alot of the peope that sit outside the SE corner its just the 'family friendly' chants the rest of pride park join in with, the only time you hear we are derby now is on rams player!

The acoustics at Pride Park mean that noise does not travel around the stadium. We may think its noisy in the SE Corner but in reality this noise CANNOT be heard from say the North Stand. We have seen on far too many occasions away fans with low numbers such as 500 make more noise than us.

I've heard the 'we cant be heard because we are in the corner' reason allot and unless you are facing the corner then its usually the other way round, I'm not claiming to be an expert and im sure someone on here will correct me if im wrong but hard walls reflect sound and corners are usually viewed as bad places for speakers cause the added sound is out of time and reduces clarity but football chants aren't exactly famous for that.

I urge anyone who feels passionately about the atmosphere, whether you would sit there or not, to please sign this petition so the club can gauge opinion and seriously look at the possibility of this relocation for season 2012-2013.

surely getting people with no interest to move and signing the petition multiple times will just show false numbers. i hope if this move does go ahead that the seating arrangements aren't made using the interest gained by this petition, as a half full south stand will make even less noise than when in the corner or even the fans who erm 'don't play a part in the atmosphere'

Id hate for 2013 to come and we're out sung by the 500 away fans in the corner...

Oxram,

To be fair I dont need to make any friends, I post alot on here and many people know me and when I say something I would like to think they know what I mean - I am only stating the facts on how I see it! Am I an expert - probably so for saying I've done nothing but concentrate on the atmosphere side of football for the past few years.

I spent the entire last season in North Stand Block A so know that many others join in around the stadium. I didnt suggest this. What I did say was that there are supporters in the SE that go for the view and not singing. Not arguing about it but they dont add to the atmosphere in terms of noise, they've said so themselves to me.

Acoustics from the SE Corner is a fact - doesnt need discussing further.

Me too about the petition. The South Stand Project if went ahead would not cure the atmosphere over night. It would take years to really get going. What it would do would be a focus point for the 14/15 year olds that we lose each year to potentially move to when they stop going with Mum/Dad etc.

Its all about setting a base up. Maybe fans from the North East Corner would move there.

Of course can debate mate... This is only to gauge opinion and everyones opinion should and no doubt will be counted. I guess though like many others already in the SE Corner for you not wanting to be sat next to 3000 away fans perhaps suggest you dont play a part in the atmosphere? Not a criticism but this is the problem we have.

Just to let you know I sit next to the SE corner and always try and join in as do many others around me. I have contributed to the atmosphere at the BBG and PP for over 40 years now and will continue to do so. It would be nice to hear a few more chants related to Derby though rather than the normal We Hate so and so. Come on guys we need some Derby chants

Archived