Pride Park Atmosphere - Pls Read and Take Action.

therams69

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took my 10 year old to see The Wanted in Sheffield last night, now that was an atmosphere, simply incredible

Sign them up Mr. Glick.

So 1150 signatures after one week, it has been crawling last couple of days though, hope it gets to 1500 at least.

I hate to put a downer on things, but the amount of stuff the spokesman said the club will have to consider in that article in the DET, will likely mean it won't happen. I hope it does happen, but I can see something like "whilst the club appreciate the efforts of the fans who vocally encourage the team, after consultation with the SAG, Nigel Wood, and the police, the club will not be taking any further action on this". They can just hide behind a load of made up "reasons" why it can't happen - guarantee the concourse separation thing is the main one - even though all it needs is a wall being put up in the East Stand, and a few gates to keep small amounts of fans in one area. Plus there'll be something about double the amounts of stewards needed, more police costs etc, which is a load of rubbish 'cos there's already 40 stewards and police who stand at the bottom of the away fans doing nothing all game now!

We're pushing against the tide to be honest - but let's hope it get's the all clear.

Hi all,

After gauging opinion from previous threads it is now time to put words into action.

I have spoken to Derby County and in co-operation with them I have setup up a petition to voice our proposals for the relocation of away fans and for the South Stand to become the recognised singing Kop style stand.

There is alot of support for this for various reasons and from some very important people.

Even if you wouldnt move to the South Stand but feel its the right thing to do sign your name. For every signature get ten of your friends to act as well and likewise.

It is simply time to stop having these threads and discussions and do what is needed. Sign the petition!! (future politician maybe!!)

Lets not debate on that it will never happen, they will have to do this and that.... Thats not our job to arrange, people are already paid to do such tasks.

Please pass the word and then the final petition with numbers will be passed to the board of directors for consideration.

[url=http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/south-stand-derby/]http://www.ipetition...th-stand-derby/

Nick

Just read over this again Nick, do you really think this is going to be in action next season with people having already renewed?

Just read over this again Nick, do you really think this is going to be in action next season with people having already renewed?

Yes I do.

Before it would go ahead ST Holders affected will be written too anyway. I also imagine that not alot have renewed anyway at the moment. ST can easily be moved over though.

Why? They'll ignore 2000 just as easy as with what you have at the minute.

Wouldn't you to be negative would it!!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />

Why - Because the target was set as 2000 so would be nice to reach it.

And like Trooper says not everyone is on forums etc

What's needed I think Nick is to canvass the fans on matchday. Maybe hand out some flyers encouraging people to sign up? The chances are there's a few fans who don't know about this petition, but would the club allow it (and I know it would cost). Does anyone work at a printers and maybe get them done a bit cheaper?

Failing that, maybe a few forum members could print some ourselves? I could do but it would take more than me to do it. Or, maybe a few A Boards stuck around PP just outlining the idea and how to sign?

That might be cheaper but gets the message across. Not everyone would sign it but it might bump up the totals a bit more.

Archived