What is the best Rams game you ever went to and why?

Brammie Steve

Mine is the 1973 European cup game against Benfica.

No one in the wider football world gave us a snowball's chance of getting a result and the question was how many Eusebio was going to put past Boulton.

By half time we were 3-0 up and at full time Cloughie said tat in the second half we practiced keeping them out in the 2nd leg which finished goalless.

My Brother and I can recall exactly whereabouts on the Pop side we were standing as we thought we had dreamed it. Great days!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's got to be a recent one so I'm going to say west ham at home and the only reason why is I won £50 on that match now saving it for the grand national 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Though my second best is torn between the 2-1 comeback at forest with ten men or the 3-2 comeback in the cup!

With the 1-0 win over fergie seniors boys in close 4th 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

At home - many, many games over the years, but the one for me was probably the last match of the season 74/75 v Carlisle United.

We were already champions, the results went for us in midweek and Derby had won the league. The match itself was a fairly drab 0-0 draw but the anticipation of the end of match celebrations and parading of the Trophy kept the Popside bouncing all through the game.

The inevitable pitch invasion, dancing on the pitch and cheering the players and trophy have stuck with me all those years.

I ought to sue DCFC really, I thought it was gonna be like that for ever.

Derby 2 Arsenal 1 - It was the year they beat Liverpool in the final game of the season. They'd gone 0-1 up, Nigel Callaghan equalised for us, and then Phil Gee scored an absolute screamer to make it 2-1.

Derby 4 Southampton 0 - Whenever I think of TBE's golden era, I always think of this game. Eranio, Baiano and Wanchope, all on fire. 0-0 with about 20 minutes left and then all hell broke lose, we got the first goal, and then just kept going, and going, and going.

Derby 3 Sheff Wed 3 - Simon Donnelly scored in the 90th minute to make it 1-3 to Wednesday. By the time the final whistle sounded a few minutes later we'd pulled it back to 3-3 and Christie narrowly missed getting a winner.

Rail Madrid,

RAIL- Madrid

1-0 v Liverpool, McGovern

and the 4-1 v Forest. Shilton's dropped it, SHILTON'S DROPPED IT

and..........no, ive got to be up early tomorrow.

2-0 Forest in the cup, Archie free-kick

2-1 Rotherham Christie peno

1-0 away at Sheff U, scoring goals for Derby, Philip Gee.

1-0 away at Leicester, league cup, oohh Bobby Bobby.

3-3 away at Bolton, Eranio Biaano, followed by Weller at Manchester Apollo, what a day.

2-0 at Aston Villa, Saunders Goddard combo.

and...........no, must get to work.

2-0 Forest in the cup, Archie free-kick

2-1 Rotherham Christie peno

1-0 away at Sheff U, scoring goals for Derby, Philip Gee.

1-0 away at Leicester, league cup, oohh Bobby Bobby.

3-3 away at Bolton, Eranio Biaano, followed by Weller at Manchester Apollo, what a day.

2-0 at Aston Villa, Saunders Goddard combo.

and...........no, must get to work.

charity shield 2-0 west ham

watney cup final 4-1 best, charlton etc.

5-0 v Arsenal double winners

8-2 v spurs

2-0 v Arsenal wanchope

promotion v Palace, Robbie Van de Laan

4-2 v Newcastle cup quater final.

Really must get to work..

Derby forest 2-0 (1983)in the FA Cup - I think that was only my second game ever.

Derby newport 3-3 (1985) the 'White Christmas' game

But TBH, the winner is...

Derby forest 1-1 (2009) FA cup. Because it was on a friday night! - I got into Derby around midday and it seemed the whole city had taken the afternoon off. The atmosphere was amazing and the day ended at The Rockhouse watching a Stone Roses tribute band.

For me it has to be the 3 - 1 win v Chelsea in 68/69. I have never experienced a football atmosphere like that since then. At the time we were in the second division and Chelsea in the first. We drew down there and then went a goal down at the BBG. Dave Mc brought us back into it before we ran away with it..... orgasmic. We did a job on Everton the next round before Swindon brought us back down to earth.

Spurs 3 Rams 5. An evening match at White Hart Lane.

Looked like we were dead and buried, 3-1 down in the second half. Then we murdered them with 4 goals, including a brilliant effort from Roger Davies and King Kev finishing them off later. The locals weren't at all happy and I practiced my Cockney accent as I made my way back to St Pancras. There was a "reception committee" outside the Station but I gave my apologies and legged it very quickly to the safety of the train. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I suppose, if you're all going to name more than one game, The boxing day 4-4 draw against Man Utd was brilliant way back when. Georgie Best got to the ground at quarter to 3 and treated us all to an amazing performance. He said in his autobiog that he wasn't on top form due to his performances (can't think what he meant) the day before.#

Derby County 2 - 1 Leicester 1993/4(or 5) Was my first league game, atmosphere was amazing. Remember walking out at one of the goal ends and seeing the pitch, BBG, was massive to me. Can remember gasping audibly and a few people having a laugh with my dad about it. Good times!

Derby 2 - 1 Middlesborough - We only had 10 men, atmosphere at Pride Park was amazing. Anybody that say pride park is dead doesn't know how it can be!

Derby 3 - 0 Arsenal - Taking the piss out of Ian Wright and David Seaman all game, Seaman taking it all in good fun.

Derby 3 - 3 Middlesborough - Georgi Kinkladze, Malcolm Christie and Branko Strupar changing the game around in the 2nd half. Once we scored the first goal we just knew we'd come back.

Derby County V Sunderland - can't remember the score line, but it was really loud in the stadium that day (Pride Park can be loud ladies and gennulmen).

--

Games I couldn't attend.

Forest 2 - 3 Derby - Listening on the radio that day was amazing, never been so involved in a game I couldn't see. Watching the highlights that night, amazing.

Archived