Derby County v Stoke City

uttoxram75

Bris and Mcsilks baffle me at times.

Not sure what you're expecting from this side, not just yet anyway.

Feel you two are to hard on the players. Agree about a new right winger, central midfielder with a physical presence and a goal scoring pacy forward. But, we haven't got them now, and for what we've got we're doing excellently. Really pleased for the squad at the mo, full of youth and showing they've got a future.

Ambitious, what makes you think we won't sign anyone in the summer?

Not answering for MrA, but I would say we are supposedly still losing money, so if we were to buy anyone "The Yanks" would have to pay, will they ?.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bris and Mcsilks baffle me at times.

Not sure what you're expecting from this side, not just yet anyway.

Feel you two are to hard on the players. Agree about a new right winger, central midfielder with a physical presence and a goal scoring pacy forward. But, we haven't got them now, and for what we've got we're doing excellently. Really pleased for the squad at the mo, full of youth and showing they've got a future.

Ambitious, what makes you think we won't sign anyone in the summer?

I don't expect much from them at all, I certainly don't expect them to make the playoffs nor did I expect them to win today..

I was just baffled by NCs comments that we were excellent at times, we didn't even have a shot on target.. We didn't force anything. Surely I could at least expect a shot on target or the goalkeeper to do something? Even Gillingham managed that, and they went one further, they scored.

Watford yesterday played a far better team and attacked from the off, they had Spurs working for 90 minutes.. We handed this game on a plate to Stoke..

A few splurts of 'decent passing' ie. more than than 5 passes strung together and it's deemed 'excellent' by our manager.. I'm really baffled by that.. I thought we were excellent last season in parts when we beat the likes of palace 5-0 and Watford 4-1.. Now we're excellent because we've strung a few passes together and restricted Stoke to only scoring from set-pieces?

Surely NCs words were just a morale booster for his players, he couldn't really have thought we were excellent?

One of the toughest teams in england who are in europe and have spent a fortune. It's disgraceful that we've lost, come on we should be beating these 3-0 easy, what are you playing at Nige.

Get real and please stop moaning.

I don't expect much from them at all, I certainly don't expect them to make the playoffs nor did I expect them to win today..

I was just baffled by NCs comments that we were excellent at times, we didn't even have a shot on target.. We didn't force anything. Surely I could at least expect a shot on target or the goalkeeper to do something? Even Gillingham managed that, and they went one further, they scored.

Watford yesterday played a far better team and attacked from the off, they had Spurs working for 90 minutes.. We handed this game on a plate to Stoke..

A few splurts of 'decent passing' ie. more than than 5 passes strung together and it's deemed 'excellent' by our manager.. I'm really baffled by that.. I thought we were excellent last season in parts when we beat the likes of palace 5-0 and Watford 4-1.. Now we're excellent because we've strung a few passes together and restricted Stoke to only scoring from set-pieces?

Surely NCs words were just a morale booster for his players, he couldn't really have thought we were excellent?

Surely it's a good thing to pop a morale boost at your squad?

You're acting like we were *****, think ya need to wake up dude.

AGAINST A PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM?! WE SHOULD BE ******* WALKING ALL OVER THESE LADS.

oh please be quiet, their midfield probably costs then our whole team put together.

So what? Don't be a muppet.

Brighton is looking good vs Castle. (1-0) Watford was decent vs one of the best EPL sides.

By the way stats from gillingham - stoke game

Gillingham Stoke Goals : 1 3 Possession : 47% 53% Shots On Target : 2 3 Shots Off Target : 1 8 Corners : 12 5 Fouls : 5 6 Most Fouls : Lee (2) Delap (2) Yellow Cards : 1 1 Red Cards : 0 0

AGAINST A PREMIER LEAGUE TEAM?! WE SHOULD BE ******* WALKING ALL OVER THESE LADS.

oh please be quiet, their midfield probably costs then our whole team put together.

He's not saying that.. And when did our standards drop so low that we we can walk away with our heads held high at not having a single shot on target against a midtable PL side and only losing 0-2.. No-one is moaning that we lost, I'm not even moaning at all I'm more baffled as such by NCs comments that we were excellent in parts.

Did you watch the Watford Spurs game? Judging by the same token Watford were world class.

#droppedstandardsmediocricyaccepted

Nigel Clough has just said the first goal was clearly offside?

At first I thought Huth scored, but it was indeed Cameron Jerome, if we didn't have anyone on the posts maybe he has a point?

He also said we were excellent at times.. Not sure about that? Excellent at what, not shooting or retaining possession.. We had a few neat passing exchanges and a few runs from Jamie Ward, but that was it..

Nigel baffles me at times.

Didyou see the game Bris?

Any way players o nthe post doesnt mean he ciuldnt be offisde.

When the short corner was tken the defense (including at least one fo the palyers on the post pushed out) and fielding did. I think the keeper was in advance of jerome and quite possibly there was only one derby player between him and the goal. Will have to wait to see it on the highlights tonight to be certain as it all happened too fast for me to be sure while at the game.

Surely it's a good thing to pop a morale boost at your squad?

You're acting like we were *****, think ya need to wake up dude.

Not at all.. We weren't sh*te nor were we excellent.. We were distinctly average and failed to trouble their GK for 90 minutes.. People are too easy to accept defeat because they are PL.. It's a poor attitude to have IMO.. Cardiff are in the cup final, Watford gave Spurs (a top 3 PL team) a run for their money, Crawley are in round 5, Swindon beat Wigan.. These teams aren't frightened of higher league opposition..

It was only 2 years we beat the then world champions Man Utd 1-0..

We're giving Stoke far too much respect to say that it's OK that we didn't create anything for 90 minutes and we were 'excellent' for parts.

Didyou see the game Bris?

Any way players o nthe post doesnt mean he ciuldnt be offisde.

When the short corner was tken the defense (including at least one fo the palyers on the post pushed out) and fielding did. I think the keeper was in advance of jerome and quite possibly there was only one derby player between him and the goal. Will have to wait to see it on the highlights tonight to be certain as it all happened too fast for me to be sure while at the game.

Yeh I couldn't make it out and nothing was said during the commentary plus replays plus the BBC text and post-match reaction. It came as a shock as I wouldn't have thought it was offside but perhaps he was if the defence pushed out as Jerome was right infront of the GK and Huth definately helped the ball to him (by accident)

I know Barker went mad at the linesman about it at the time.

On the referee and linesman front i was amazed that the linesman infront of me never put his flag up all game for anything other than throws, goal kicks or corners. And the referee bottiling the call on Ward when he was clean though on goal and got legged up, and amzing ly when the referee gave a corner based on the Stokies appeals. sausagetenburg

Yeh I couldn't make it out and nothing was said during the commentary plus replays plus the BBC text and post-match reaction. It came as a shock as I wouldn't have thought it was offside but perhaps he was if the defence pushed out as Jerome was right infront of the GK and Huth definately helped the ball to him (by accident)

did you see the game?

if not, shut up.

everyones over analyzing why this happened. Sometimes, you have a bad day and things don't come off.

For example. My hockey team today (its just football with sticks 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />) we passed the other team off the park. we were quicker, made intelligent runs and passed cleanly. Yet they pushed a lot of men behind the ball,crowded the pitch up and were lethal on the break. They won 3-0.

It wasnt we played badly or were the worse team, im sure we'll beat whoever we play next week, it just wasn't meant to be.

We played them off the park yet we also had 0 shots on target.

I'd rather this happened against A ) A PL team B ) A Europa league team C ) last years finalists then against Barnsley away.

Basically we were out classes by a mid table prem side who were away from home, they defend deep, are organised,very big and are very difficult to defend against from set pieces. They have a better quality players in the main areas and that showed. We played ok in spells but never really threatened.

Archived