Derby County v Stoke City

uttoxram75

We were by far the better side, Stoke were ****. The score line definitely flatters them.

It's supposed to be called 'the beautiful game', but Stoke want it to be 'the ugly game'. If we ever played as they did, I'd be ashamed to call myself a derby fan.

They pretty much did why we did to Burnley last week and have done on our away days, they just throw it in the box more.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were by far the better side, Stoke were ****. The score line definitely flatters them.

It's supposed to be called 'the beautiful game', but Stoke want it to be 'the ugly game'. If we ever played as they did, I'd be ashamed to call myself a derby fan.

They pretty much did why we did to Burnley last week and have done on our away days, they just throw it in the box more.

I haven't read every post so please forgive me if others have already said it.

We fall out between ourselves on this forum because some think we play hoof ball and some think we're on the right track.

I was at the game today and at times, we looked liked Barcelona compared to Stoke.

Derby was the only team who tried to get it down and pass it around.

If we aspire to be Stoke then god fookin help us.

Clattenburg was completely biased toward a premiership team ( why would we ever think anything different), yet we continued to try and pass the ball around.

Just been in a pub full of Stokies and to a man, they agreed that Derby played the better football.

How were we the better side? The also hit the woodwork, forced Frank Fielding into a save and look threatening at every set-piece..

We on the other hand had no shots on target, were pretty much camped in our half the second half and for a home team against Stoke we didn't even dominate possession. Reports have it as 44% for Derby..

Of course we played better football than them, so would Alfreton Town.. But make no mistake, we weren't the better team, Stoke were, and comfortably so.

And IMO we never looked like scoring.. We could have played for another 5 hours and not scored.

We fall out between ourselves on this forum because some think we play hoof ball and some think we're on the right track.

I was at the game today and at times, we looked liked Barcelona compared to Stoke.

Clattenburg was completely biased toward a premiership team ( why would we ever think anything different), yet we continued to try and pass the ball around.

Just been in a pub full of Stokies and to a man, they agreed that Derby played the better football.

Spot on there Uttox. I agree with everything you just said.

I come in relative peace, I say relative because what i say isn't going to cause peace 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I'd just like to point out some of the problems in the more recent posts.

everyones over analyzing why this happened. Sometimes, you have a bad day and things don't come off.

For example. My hockey team today (its just football with sticks 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />) we passed the other team off the park. we were quicker, made intelligent runs and passed cleanly. Yet they pushed a lot of men behind the ball,crowded the pitch up and were lethal on the break. They won 3-0.

It wasnt we played badly or were the worse team, im sure we'll beat whoever we play next week, it just wasn't meant to be.

We played them off the park yet we also had 0 shots on target.

I'd rather this happened against A ) A PL team B ) A Europa league team C ) last years finalists then against Barnsley away.

You were the worst team, by a country mile. as you said you had 0 shots on target, care to elaborate how this is playing us off the pitch. OK, fair enough you had some possession from about the 20th minute until half time, that's it though. Also for the last 20 minutes, you hardly even got into our half, Pennant, and Fuller were too busy taking the piss.

We've heard that line many times over the last few years, it's what happens when deluded fans who think they should be above us lose to us. Get over yourself, passing the ball across your back four repeatedly is not 'beautiful' football. No, beautiful football is winning, seeing your team win 5-0 at Wembley, transform into a strong mid-table premier league (remember that?) team, and going on a European tour.

You should be ashamed to call yourself a football fan with crap like that.

Basically we were out classes by a mid table prem side who were away from home, they defend deep, are organised,very big and are very difficult to defend against from set pieces. They have a better quality players in the main areas and that showed. We played ok in spells but never really threatened.

Nail on head. Apart from better quality in the main areas? We have better quality in all areas, this should be obvious from our respective league positions.

From Uttoxeter? Maybe this explains the delusion?

It was extremely boring when derby had the ball today, as I've said passing around the back four, Barcelona do this, but then again they also have actual shots on target.

You should aspire to achieve what we have, I absolutely guarantee that you would change your tune if you had.

As for the pub, were you in a pub with 2 people? Not one single person I've spoke to after the game had anything good to say about Derby, we won without even coming out of second gear, and deominate the first 20 and last 20.

I thought we looked amazing at times but they were just too strong for us.

We had 'em quite for a good 80 minutes! We were loud today and showed them Stokie's what real support is.

All in all a good day out and we got out UNSCATHED!!!!

Loud? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> You mean 20 people banging on some plastic? That wasn't real support, when you get into Europa, you'll see unbelievable real home support, but you won't.

Amazing? This is the word you describe your team losing 2-0 and not even having a **** on target?

Phew, had to sort some issues out there, a goodish atmosphere, and a brilliant mental for the second. Some of you really need to sort out your expectations, beaten by a bigger, established Premier League team and most can't accept it was easy for us.

Stoke were so exciting to watch, I nearly creamed, especially when they were playing keep it up.

You had 5,500 fans there and didn't exactly deafen us apart from the token Delilah at the end.....

You lot were the quietest for most of the game, and everyone knows our vocal support has been ***** for a number of years. Loudest fans in England?

You were the better team mate because you won, I just know who I'd rather watch on a Saturday. UTR

I wasn't there, so slag all u want, but I didn't expect a good result today,most dcfc fans with a moderate knowledge of football will have known since the summer that we are 'under skilled' going forward,we have also known that our first choice defence is decent, especially in the championship. I think today will hopefully show the powers that be,that we need investment if dcfc are to compete above mid table. As for promotion, without serious investment we could challenge our own record of 11 points.......

Now let's get back to reality, can we do better than mid table if Tom Carroll comes and he and Ryan noble stay till the end of the season,and will Maguire ever play for the first team again, and what part of his body will Theo score with next time....

hahahahahaha erm hahahahahahaha I can't remember Derby singing must have been in your heads. Also wait till you watch the Whitehead tackle on Wobblyward which he was booked for...it wasn't one! He didn't touch him, he spends more time with his arse on the floor than his studs did. Stoke played football, which is attacking, having shots on target, scoring, hitting the woodwork and stopping the other team from scoring, all when not going all out. Derby ermmmm, well apart from 20 minute spell first half were poor. How can keeping it in your own half and having no shots on target be "good football" you cant win any team like that. We sing "we're all going on a european tour" it's true, we travel europe so why cant we sing it? When was this European Cup by the way? I ask as the Europa League was UEFA Cup and the Champions League was the European Champions Cup?

How were we the better side? The also hit the woodwork, forced Frank Fielding into a save and look threatening at every set-piece..

We on the other hand had no shots on target, were pretty much camped in our half the second half and for a home team against Stoke we didn't even dominate possession. Reports have it as 44% for Derby..

Of course we played better football than them, so would Alfreton Town.. But make no mistake, we weren't the better team, Stoke were, and comfortably so.

And IMO we never looked like scoring.. We could have played for another 5 hours and not scored.

Another great statement. Derby were the better side and if we ever move towards the way they play I will cry. If we are talking about chances we had a few but defenders blocked the shots. Ward was clean through and got caught nothing given. The first goal looked off side. The second goal happened after a blatant handball in the build up. There were lunges from them one on hendrick where the lad slid into him leaving a skidmark of 4ft so surely not under control and that was the most plesent one. Every time we went to tackle a Stoke player off the ball would block the player off the ball. There were little sniping tackles, tackles from behind not seen as fouls. The ref was not going to give us anything. I have never seen a dirtier side than Stoke, I have never seen a play so much boring football. You have talked about Derby being boring and not creative but alongside Stoke we are a lotter better than them. Everytime build up play started there was a kick, an elbow, a push or some other tactic. It was like watching Vinnie Jones in Mean Machine.

Although we lost today I am taking great heart out of this as they did not back off anywhere on the pitch. They didn't moan or resort to dirty football. They played the better football and showed that we could hold our own in premiership especially with a couple of additional players. If we were a prem team today we would not have been beaten 2-0 as we would have had more decisions go our way.

The ref was intimidated by Pulis, The number of Stoke fans and the players. Premiership ref you having a laugh.

Role on Tuesday as we are going to get another result against Barnsley

Another great statement. Derby were the better side and if we ever move towards the way they play I will cry. If we are talking about chances we had a few but defenders blocked the shots. Ward was clean through and got caught nothing given. The first goal looked off side. The second goal happened after a blatant handball in the build up. There were lunges from them one on hendrick where the lad slid into him leaving a skidmark of 4ft so surely not under control and that was the most plesent one. Every time we went to tackle a Stoke player off the ball would block the player off the ball. There were little sniping tackles, tackles from behind not seen as fouls. The ref was not going to give us anything. I have never seen a dirtier side than Stoke, I have never seen a play so much boring football. You have talked about Derby being boring and not creative but alongside Stoke we are a lotter better than them. Everytime build up play started there was a kick, an elbow, a push or some other tactic. It was like watching Vinnie Jones in Mean Machine.

Although we lost today I am taking great heart out of this as they did not back off anywhere on the pitch. They didn't moan or resort to dirty football. They played the better football and showed that we could hold our own in premiership especially with a couple of additional players. If we were a prem team today we would not have been beaten 2-0 as we would have had more decisions go our way.

The ref was intimidated by Pulis, The number of Stoke fans and the players. Premiership ref you having a laugh.

Role on Tuesday as we are going to get another result against Barnsley

Rubbish! Derby were just as "dirty" you players just like to dive and stay down more. Whitehead got elbowed but after rubbing his head he got back up. We got a free kick but why no card, it was a blatant elbow so if the ref was all stoke wouldn't he be off? I admit you could have a free kick when Ward tripped with Wilko, however where was he going? He chested the ball left, carried running straight which was away from the ball then collided with him and made sure he landed in the area! There were many occasions he let Derby off aswell, all in all the ref was shocking for both sides.

Rubbish! Derby were just as "dirty" you players just like to dive and stay down more. Whitehead got elbowed but after rubbing his head he got back up. We got a free kick but why no card, it was a blatant elbow so if the ref was all stoke wouldn't he be off? I admit you could have a free kick when Ward tripped with Wilko, however where was he going? He chested the ball left, carried running straight which was away from the ball then collided with him and made sure he landed in the area! There were many occasions he let Derby off aswell, all in all the ref was shocking for both sides.

Were you at the match or have you been listening to the tall tales and exaggerations of those that claim to be?

Archived