Derby County v Stoke City

uttoxram75

How can anyone say that a failure to create a single chance in the entire game coupled with a failure to make their keeper make a single save in the entire game warrents positivity? We have played much better than that this season.

Presume you mean chance on target.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you fell did your rose tinted specs fall off 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Stoke didn't need to get out of second gear.

Ok Mr Sausage - take your patronising posts, and your overrated opinion on your team, which, by the way, nobody really cares about - and shove them, where the sun don't shine. And btw - your songs are ****... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

My post has gone, the moderators must be bitter too.

Why all the hate?

Was fun today but you could do with a few more singing than that little corner, not very loud and quite embarassing.

Just so you know pal, you took our singing corner which consists largely of unreserved seating. Those who normally sing were scattered about the ground. Normally, we're a lot louder, remember the Carling Cup quarter-final a few years back? Have a watch of a really passionate and loud game like next Sunday, you'll see we hold our own.

I come in relative peace, I say relative because what i say isn't going to cause peace 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

I'd just like to point out some of the problems in the more recent posts

You were the worst team, by a country mile. as you said you had 0 shots on target, care to

elaborate how this is playing us off the pitch. OK, fair enough you had some possession from about the 20th minute until half time, that's it though. Also for the last 20 minutes, you hardly even got into our half, Pennant, and Fuller were too busy taking the piss.

We've heard that line many times over the last few years, it's what happens when deluded fans

who think they should be above us lose to us. Get over yourself, passing the ball across your back four repeatedly is not 'beautiful' football. No, beautiful football is winning, seeing your

team win 5-0 at Wembley, transform into a strong mid-table premier league (remember that?) team, and going on a European tour.

You should be ashamed to call yourself a football fan with crap like that.

Nail on head. Apart from better quality in the main areas? We have better quality in all areas, this should be obvious from our respective league positions.

From Uttoxeter? Maybe this explains the delusion?

It was extremely boring when derby had the ball today, as I've said passing around the back four,

Barcelona do this, but then again they also have actual shots on target.

You should aspire to achieve what we have, I absolutely guarantee that you would change your tune if you had.

As for the pub, were you in a pub with 2

people? Not one single person I've spoke to after the game had anything good to say about Derby, we won without even coming out of

second gear, and deominate the first 20 and last 20.

Loud? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> You mean 20 people banging on some plastic? That wasn't real support, when you get into Europa, you'll see unbelievable real home

support, but you won't.

Amazing? This is the word you describe your

team losing 2-0 and not even having a **** on target?

Phew, had to sort some issues out there, a goodish atmosphere, and a brilliant mental for the second. Some of you really need to sort out your expectations, beaten by a bigger, established Premier League team and most can't accept it was easy for us.

Your support wasnt so great before you all invested in your own hype. Your support was garbage.

Nowadays you think you've set some incredible benchmark. You really haven't. We were creating the kind of atmosphere you almost have now over 10 years ago. We weren't playing hoofball garbage either. We played teams off the park finishing 8th picking up some memorable victories.

You were getting 11k fans playing Grimsby.

Then we can talk about the Baseball Ground days. Ever go? If not ask your dad. Makes your "12th Man" sound like static.

If you think Stoke were the better side, that's ok. If you enjoyed what appeared to be a big day out, feel free to talk about it.

But if your going to come on here talking to us like we're some minnow club never to experience what your team of thugs have, then your really pissing in the wind.

You'll find decent crowds at PP every league game. We have and will create atmospheres loud enough to match anyone when we have half of what you have to cheer about.

Why don't you go on a Leeds forum and tell them about your away support?

You could ask Man City where all their extra fans have come from too?

Or maybe you should get behind your team (regardless of division) stop buying into your own hype and enjoy the ride.

See you on your way down. We know. We've been higher.

Was fun today but you could do with a few more singing than that little corner, not very loud and quite embarassing.

Yes, that little corner does rather well when we are all there thanks.

It does much better than you did when you were in this division.

Just like how our fans piss all over you when we are in the PL.

Yes, yes I know. You had "in depth problems" back then.

Yes, yes. I know you like to think your stadium is experiencing something special.

I'm glad you had a good day out. What your experiencing now is just a taster of what it would of been like to be Derby or Forest or Ipswich or Leeds. Im sure you look down on us all now while you enjoy making club history by almost, nearly, but not quite winning owt. Just know this, everytime your 6ft 7" doormen break another limb of a talented opponent. Or your fans scream Delilah for no reason whatsoever.... Remember, you haven't earned an ounce of respect from anyone.

Your support wasnt so great before you all invested in your own hype. Your support was garbage.

Nowadays you think you've set some incredible benchmark. You really haven't. We were creating the kind of atmosphere you almost have now over 10 years ago. We weren't playing hoofball garbage either. We played teams off the park finishing 8th picking up some memorable victories.

You were getting 11k fans playing Grimsby.

Then we can talk about the Baseball Ground days. Ever go? If not ask your dad. Makes your "12th Man" sound like static.

If you think Stoke were the better side, that's ok. If you enjoyed what appeared to be a big day out, feel free to talk about it.

But if your going to come on here talking to us like we're some minnow club never to experience what your team of thugs have, then your really pissing in the wind.

You'll find decent crowds at PP every league game. We have and will create atmospheres loud enough to match anyone when we have half of what you have to cheer about.

Why don't you go on a Leeds forum and tell them about your away support?

You could ask Man City where all their extra fans have come from too?

Or maybe you should get behind your team (regardless of division) stop buying into your own hype and enjoy the ride.

See you on your way down. We know. We've been higher.

Can I just nip that in the bud, I said Europa teams, not us. I went to Besiktas, and their home support was absolutely amazing, all 3 sides of their ground joining in, and against us, who wouldn't excite the majority of them.

But quite an unnecessary post, I was commenting on the delusion coming from all of you, we are undeniably the better team, hence why we are 8th in the Premier league, but some of you can't see the wood for the trees.

One last point, why talk about the Baseball Ground? We can say the same about the Victoria Ground, they were different days.

No need to completely distort what i said, and turn it around in the most pathetic way, what do you want us to do? Moan that one day we might also implode and drop down into the Championship? Yes it will probably happen eventually, but we are all enjoying this period, we deserve it after all the crap years, and yes I was there when we were ****.

Derby probably one of the better away days I've been to in the last few years, before this season we've been lacking in away wins, now they are coming plentiful! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> A nice city centre with some good pubs and a nice ground which looks like ours would be with some corners.

Yes, yes. I know you like to think your stadium is experiencing something special.

I'm glad you had a good day out. What your experiencing now is just a taster of what it would of been like to be Derby or Forest or Ipswich or Leeds. Im sure you look down on us all now while you enjoy making club history by almost, nearly, but not quite winning owt. Just know this, everytime your 6ft 7" doormen break another limb of a talented opponent. Or your fans scream Delilah for no reason whatsoever.... Remember, you haven't earned an ounce of respect from anyone.

Don't worry mate, we don't care about anybody respecting us, it drives us on that bit more!

Can't wait to see you in the premier league, the banging on the plastic will be deafening.

Derby probably one of the better away days I've been to in the last few years, before this season we've been lacking in away wins, now they are coming plentiful! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> A nice city centre with some good pubs and a nice ground which looks like ours would be with some corners.

You could fill your corners in but you'll still have a shocking stadium, that has nothing on PP.

I don't think the atmosphere was that bad - at least from a Derby fans perspective. We sang and encouraged the team when we could in the NE corner.

Stokie fans haven't witnessed a game at PP like the one coming next Sunday against Forest, now that's something to witness. So with respect to Stoke fans, you may be premier league but you're certainly not as important as that fixture. From a Derby perspective, that will be a sellout with an atmosphere to match it, (that is if Forest sell all their tickets which to date they haven't).

I don't think Nigel wanted to play 451. I think he wanted to stick with 442 with either Noble or Robinson up front with Ball. When they weren't available he had the choice of Tyson (not fit), Doyle (sh1te) and Maguire (unreliable) or Hendrick. He went for Hendrick and played 451.

I don't think Nigel wanted to play 451. I think he wanted to stick with 442 with either Noble or Robinson up front with Ball. When they weren't available he had the choice of Tyson (not fit), Doyle (sh1te) and Maguire (unreliable) or Hendrick. He went for Hendrick and played 451.

Seemed like he went with Bryson supporting to me

Definitely a case of 'job done' yesterday. No bookings, no injuries, Tyson got ten minutes, Naylor made his debut. Clough realistic we were never going to win the cup so back to the main job of winning promotion. Bring on Barnsley and we can think about beating Stoke next season!!!

well if you'd bothered you'd know you were talking b0loocks.

We had a good go the last 20 mins of the first half and the first 20 of the second, but we just weren't good enough. football-wise we outplayed them for that period, but they were too physically strong and we lacked creativity in midfield particularly.

I watched it online so i know im not talking ******.We had a good 20 mins at the end of the first half but that is it.We created hardly anything and what we did create was wasted.To not have a decent effort on target when at home is rubbish,regardless of the opposition.

The atmosphere one is a bit rich, reverse the tables where there was a large Derby contingent in Stoke in the league cup and we heard NOTHING from the Stoke fans the entire game apart from one lacklustre delilah in about the 80th minute. I can remember it because it was that bad. It does annoy me the credit they get in the prem when you realise how poor, empty and sterile the Britannia was in the championship- I think some Stokies have too short memories.

It also doesn't help we have to surrender some of our most vocal support and redistribute them god knows where to accomodate large cup followings.

I'm not 100% certain why some of the negativity, we played some good passing football, created a couple of decent chances, ok, so they never hit the target, but we did create some good chances. Stoke were exactly what I thought they would be, big, strong, over physical. There was a 2 footed challenge in the 1st half, can't remember who it was, also Huth went in to hurt Tyson near the corner flag.

I would like to give Wilkinson a special mention with his shaved head, kick anyone that goes near him, wannabe hard man, that goes down worse than Cristiano Ronaldo in a slight breeze and roll around crying until the ref blows for a foul, then jumps straight to his feet **** of a player. He doesn't deserve to be on a football pitch playing park football never mind playing in the prem. On the flip side though, I thought Fuller looked good (could we have him on loan for a while)

Of our players thought the back 5 had a decent game, the midfield 5 were busy 1st half struggled a little 2nd but tried to play football, and Ball had a good 1st half and a decent 2nd against 2 CBs that will be the most difficult he will play against for the type of player he is.

I watched it online so i know im not talking ******.We had a good 20 mins at the end of the first half but that is it.We created hardly anything and what we did create was wasted.To not have a decent effort on target when at home is rubbish,regardless of the opposition.

I totally concur, I fail to see regardless of the opposition how anyone can be deluded enough to think that no shots on goal throughout the entirety of the game is any sort of a positive or something to be commended.

Good, we don't want respect from nobodys like you.

After reading this thread and some of your opinions and thoughts and after listening to your 30 fans chanting rubbish and banging plastic for 90 minutes, whilst some how believeing you are something special or that we should look up to you or any other team or that we should be ashamed of ourselves, I can safely say, I really hope you fail to achieve promotion.

We don't want respect, because we dont need it.

Archived