Derby County v Stoke City

uttoxram75

Another great statement. Derby were the better side and if we ever move towards the way they play I will cry. If we are talking about chances we had a few but defenders blocked the shots. Ward was clean through and got caught nothing given. The first goal looked off side. The second goal happened after a blatant handball in the build up. There were lunges from them one on hendrick where the lad slid into him leaving a skidmark of 4ft so surely not under control and that was the most plesent one. Every time we went to tackle a Stoke player off the ball would block the player off the ball. There were little sniping tackles, tackles from behind not seen as fouls. The ref was not going to give us anything. I have never seen a dirtier side than Stoke, I have never seen a play so much boring football. You have talked about Derby being boring and not creative but alongside Stoke we are a lotter better than them. Everytime build up play started there was a kick, an elbow, a push or some other tactic. It was like watching Vinnie Jones in Mean Machine.

Although we lost today I am taking great heart out of this as they did not back off anywhere on the pitch. They didn't moan or resort to dirty football. They played the better football and showed that we could hold our own in premiership especially with a couple of additional players. If we were a prem team today we would not have been beaten 2-0 as we would have had more decisions go our way.

The ref was intimidated by Pulis, The number of Stoke fans and the players. Premiership ref you having a laugh.

Role on Tuesday as we are going to get another result against Barnsley

Sorry m8, I only read your first sentence, stoke never got out of second gear, class above us.

U may have lots of words 2 say, but given you think we were better team meant the rest of the post IMO was irrevelant

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another great statement. Derby were the better side and if we ever move towards the way they play I will cry. If we are talking about chances we had a few but defenders blocked the shots. Ward was clean through and got caught nothing given. The first goal looked off side. The second goal happened after a blatant handball in the build up. There were lunges from them one on hendrick where the lad slid into him leaving a skidmark of 4ft so surely not under control and that was the most plesent one. Every time we went to tackle a Stoke player off the ball would block the player off the ball. There were little sniping tackles, tackles from behind not seen as fouls. The ref was not going to give us anything. I have never seen a dirtier side than Stoke, I have never seen a play so much boring football. You have talked about Derby being boring and not creative but alongside Stoke we are a lotter better than them. Everytime build up play started there was a kick, an elbow, a push or some other tactic. It was like watching Vinnie Jones in Mean Machine.

Although we lost today I am taking great heart out of this as they did not back off anywhere on the pitch. They didn't moan or resort to dirty football. They played the better football and showed that we could hold our own in premiership especially with a couple of additional players. If we were a prem team today we would not have been beaten 2-0 as we would have had more decisions go our way.

The ref was intimidated by Pulis, The number of Stoke fans and the players. Premiership ref you having a laugh.

Role on Tuesday as we are going to get another result against Barnsley

No shots on target, 44% possession, barely out of our half second half, 3 corners all game, no sustained pressure, and all of that in our own ground infront of our won fans.

Hold our own in the Premiership.. What planet are you from? I agree with what you say about Stoke, they're hidious, but they're leagues ahead of us on and off the pitch at this moment in time.. They barely got out of 2nd gear and were better all over the pitch.

Take the goals out of the game and look at the two performances.. We definately played the more attractive football, but they did far more with the ball than we did and they looked like scoring more.. We never looked like scoring.The created chances, we didn't.

If we can't even muster a shot on target at home to Stoke how did you come to the conclusion that we'd hold our own in the PL? Laughable. That 11 point season has brainwashed peoples minds.. It's as if instead of losing 0-6 a 0-2 defeat is now good and pleasing, and a scrappy 1-0 win is cause for massive celebrations.. You Rotherham and other fans that have posted honestly have made me embarassed to be 'among you' supporting the same club. Your opinions embarass me.

I couldn't go the game, stoke sold out there away allocation. We were louder even on a stream aswell as the radio. I admit we do not play carpet football however we go to win games and yet still end up with more possesion. Yes sageisback a shot has to actually reach the target for them to be on target. Are you saying all free kicks outside of the box that hit the wall should count as on target if they were going that way?

Everyone has their own opinion Bris - you may not like them but they just as valid as yours.

TBF i thInk bris is stuck up his own ass, but it appears to me that everyone is having a dig at him not the other way round. Derby were bad, he said it, he was right, next point.....

Stoke came and did what they had to do and it was very easy for them overall. We'd be mauled in the prem, you'd have to win games like Stoke at home to survive as simple as that and possibly grab a point away, we're lightyears from that. They looked a threat (as expected) from every set piece whereas I think we'd be lucky to score if we were still playing now based on that absymal second half "attacking" display. I thought it was a cup fixture, didn't seem like we had another gear to take the game to Stoke. I'd have thought today was a reality check, I'm not disappointed by the result, we didn't embarrass ourselves but to say we can compete in the prem based on that performance is a bit much, I bet the Stokies must be kicking themselves reading some of this. Best of wishes to Stoke for the rest of the season.

Not bad. We were not the better side but we kept at it, had some good spells of possession, looked the better footballing side at times but were beaten by a side that was strong and will beat many in the first division. We aren't the only side to have struggled against Stoke. Better teams than us and better teams than Stoke struggle against them. But we weren't outclassed or overrun. And that's important. And the ref wasn't great.

It shows how far we have come and how far we still have to go. We are better than we were. Much better. We are stronger in defence; we have a goalie who can make good saves; we are neat in possession; we can hold the ball a lot better than we could; we are an honest side that tries hard and doesn't capitulate easily - unlike some other Rams sides of recent memory.

But we lack a cutting edge and some pace - Tyson made a difference when he came on which is why he was bought; we lack experience in midfeld; some pace on the wings; we lack physical strength against physically strong teams and height

We are getting there. Bailey was excellent and is developing well; Ward has some cheek, some pace; Ball comes off his marker and links play well; Shackell and Barker are a good pairing; Brayford played well; Hendrick didn't look out of his depth; Fielding wasn't found wanting; Bryson was better in the second half but what an engine, what an out and out trier.

This was not a poor performance. We are a side developing - physically and mentally. A team which is work in progress. I'm proud of you today my Rams. You did your best and didn't give up. You will get even better

I haven't seen anyone making personal comments to Bris, or using "delusional "as a way to get their point across.

Move on. I've spoken.

TBF i thInk bris is stuck up his own ass, but it appears to me that everyone is having a dig at him not the other way round. Derby were bad, he said it, he was right, next point.....

I never actually said we were bad.. I simply denied us being 'excellent' in parts which NC said and I also denied us being the better team which some people have somehow come to that conclusion.

Some posts get out of hand, some people simply won't back down on certain opinions, I'm guilty of that too.. But some posts really do border on the insane.. Beyond the 'rose-tinted glasses' phrase.

Just read through all of this. What is clear as day is that the usual 4/5 suspects will not or cannot give Derby County any credit whatsoever. To you four or five I say this: Nigel and the coaching staff know exactly where we are short on quality. They know we are short on creativity in midfield. They know we are lacking in the final third. They are slowly building a young fit hungry squad that will, very shortly, be able to challenge for the automatic places. Due to the sensible club policy of not throwing money at it Nigel has taken the decision to clear the decks early (as we are nearly safe) and then bring in who he wants in the summer. That being the case can you really not see that the current team are not the finshed article? As such can you not equally see that, under the circumstances, they did very very well today. Why do you persist in this constant negitivity? I can only assume it is to massage your own over inflated ego's.

Well played rams im proud of you shame nige didn't go for it at 1-0 down after sticking Tyson on the last two subs were a joke but hey ho the game was lost. at times we made them look average they couldn't handle our proper football ie the passing game if only we'd gone 2 up top we'd of had more shots on target!

Well played lads bring on Barnsley then the scum!

I never actually said we were bad.. I simply denied us being 'excellent' in parts which NC said and I also denied us being the better team which some people have somehow come to that conclusion.

Some posts get out of hand, some people simply won't back down on certain opinions, I'm guilty of that too.. But some posts really do border on the insane.. Beyond the 'rose-tinted glasses' phrase.

Bad was my term, maybe a bit ott, but at the end of the day we never looked like winning, or even drawing, we never took the game to stoke and that is why we lost.

Apologies for misquoting u

Can't be bothered to read above but from where I was sitting Stoke looked a really dirty team. They were supposed to be physical. If physical means they went down easy and left their studs in tackles then yes they were physical.

The ref had a poor game, they got away with a lot.

Overall I thought we played well against a very good team, chances were hard to come by because of the way they played.

Also think the Stoke fans were poor in the way they got hyped up about playing a team a league below them. Was no need to cause trouble in town, or jizz their pants about beating a team 20 places below them. And to the stoke fan who thought he was hard by shoulder barging me for no reason, I hope you enjoyed eating the road when you tripped over your own feet whilst trying to act all hard.

Rubbish! Derby were just as "dirty" you players just like to dive and stay down more. Whitehead got elbowed but after rubbing his head he got back up. We got a free kick but why no card, it was a blatant elbow so if the ref was all stoke wouldn't he be off? I admit you could have a free kick when Ward tripped with Wilko, however where was he going? He chested the ball left, carried running straight which was away from the ball then collided with him and made sure he landed in the area! There were many occasions he let Derby off aswell, all in all the ref was shocking for both sides.

Derby were just as dirty as the dirtiest team in Europe? Your in for a shock when Valencie **** all over you. European refs won't stand for the 'snap his legs or dive' style stoke play.

At the end of the day I never expected us to beat Stoke anyway. They're just the sort of team we struggle against as we're neither big nor physical. Given a choice of today or Tuesday for a result I'd go Tuesday every time. I'm just glad we didn't get any more injuries or bookings.

Archived