Derby County v Stoke City

uttoxram75

Absolutely amazing mate, although they didn't like it when we went 1 up.

Upson decided we didn't want to win anyway and hacked down one of their players in the area to get himself sent off, stupid tackle, luckily we were already through.

Also the nicest bunch you could meet, Turks

have a bad reputation that is unfounded, well the ones I met anyway. Went into a cafe bar after the game oblivious to their big supporters group being in there (Carsi), but they made us

sit down, had a sing along and bought us drinks all night, absolutely brilliant!

Am a bit nervous tbh mate. Sitting with thousands of Turks in a league game with no Englishman in sight isn't what id imagined ever doing. But I'm also looking forward to it. I shouldn't believe the media stuff either. The lad taking me is a top bloke. Wouldn't cause trouble in a million years. The sort of noise we all dream of.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoke were one of the few clubs to actually benefit from the collapse of ITV digital when it went. Largely because you were one of the few clubs not spending money like it was going out of fashion and indebting yourselves up to the eyeballs.

By contast our lot were running up credit like it was the end of the world.

Am a bit nervous tbh mate. Sitting with thousands of Turks in a league game with no Englishman in sight isn't what id imagined ever doing. But I'm also looking forward to it. I shouldn't believe the media stuff either. The lad taking me is a top bloke. Wouldn't cause trouble in a million years. The sort of noise we all dream of.

You'll be absolutely fine, I remember some Doncaster(Darlington? Something beginning with a D) came on the Oatcake message board after the game, said he was in the home end when we played them. They just assumed he was a Stoke fan, but then a few got talking to him and found out he wasn't, they wouldn't have minded if he was a Stokie anyway. I think it's if you are a Galatasaray fan or a Fenerbache fan you need to worry 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />.

The media stuff is based around the Leeds fans right? That was because Leeds fans were being ***** on foreign soil, a massive no-no as I'm sure you'll all agree. They were disrespecting the Turkish flag. Also that was Galatasaray, from what I could work out the really rough parts of the city were the Muslim bits, and I think Galatasaray are a Muslim club, Besiktas are a secular club. Could be way out with this though.

Hopefully you'll see flares, they didn't do any for us because they have been warned they will get kicked out of european competition if they persist, funnily enough it was Stokies with the flares 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />, but that youtube video of when they played Man U is amazing.

Stoke were one of the few clubs to actually benefit from the collapse of ITV digital when it went. Largely because you were one of the few clubs not spending money like it was going out of fashion and indebting yourselves up to the eyeballs.

By contast our lot were running up credit like it was the end of the world.

A good point, but I don't really think so, we weren't in great financial shape before or after this collapse, it was only when Coates came back did we progress, and he wiped out any debt, would have wiped out more if he had to as he's making up for mistakes when he was the owner previously.

A good point, but I don't really think so, we weren't in great financial shape before or after this collapse, it was only when Coates came back did we progress, and he wiped out any debt, would have wiped out more if he had to as he's making up for mistakes when he was the owner previously.

Even when you weren't that well off though, it's a safe bet that you weren't running up a £50m+ line of credit. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

The atmosphere one is a bit rich, reverse the tables where there was a large Derby contingent in Stoke in the league cup and we heard NOTHING from the Stoke fans the entire game apart from one lacklustre delilah in about the 80th minute. I can remember it because it was that bad. It does annoy me the credit they get in the prem when you realise how poor, empty and sterile the Britannia was in the championship- I think some Stokies have too short memories.

It also doesn't help we have to surrender some of our most vocal support and redistribute them god knows where to accomodate large cup followings.

exactly, i remember when we used to play you in the league, it used to be empty (apart from our end) no atmosphere (apart from our end) and bloody freezing. I also remember you bringing feck all fans down to pride park when you were where we are now.

exactly, i remember when we used to play you in the league, it used to be empty (apart from our end) no atmosphere (apart from our end) and bloody freezing. I also remember you bringing feck all fans down to pride park when you were where we are now.

The big difference with us then and you now is that you've had a much more successful period before. It was 28 years before we got to the top division again, that's a whole generation, especially when gloryhunting became a lot more prevalent. Your crowds were bigger because of having a better period, and with a lot staying with you, their children will be Derby fans too.

This is hopefully what we are going through now, local kids will pick Stoke instead of going for the easy gloryhunting options.

I'm sure you all see where I'm coming from, nearly every club would sell out if it wasn't for local gloryhunters, and Stoke did have a massive proportion of them.

And yes the Brit is cold.

Archived