Derby County v Stoke City

uttoxram75

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think having 0 shots on target (a PG blockshot doesn't count) and around 43% possession at home to Stoke dispells the myth that some of our players could hack it in the PL in this moment of time..

Ward looked good for 15 minutes, Hendrick was tidy and Roberts defended well.. Other than that, an average NPC performance = comfortably beaten by a PL team.

No complaints from me.. We just need to invest in the summer on creative players as our only danger man is Ward.. We had nothing down the middle or the right and Callum Ball isn't the sort of striker to stretch teams.. Today we perhaps missed Theo.

I agree wholeheartedly.

We were outclassed today by a poor performance from a Stoke side.

Ball was utterly starved of service and any balls that were lugged up to him were eaten up by the big centre halves.

MY disappointment is that we failed to put them under any pressure but I guess that is where we are. The way to trouble Stoke is with pace and Theo could have made a difference.

I agree wholeheartedly.

We were outclassed today by a poor performance from a Stoke side.

Ball was utterly starved of service and any balls that were lugged up to him were eaten up by the big centre halves.

MY disappointment is that we failed to put them under any pressure but I guess that is where we are. The way to trouble Stoke is with pace and Theo could have made a difference.

Bang on the money their mcsilks.. Lumping balls into the box is bread and butter for Stoke.. That's their game.

The problem is, without Theo or Tyson, we genuinely lack pace to stretch teams and get behind defences.. With Theo I'm sure we would have hit the byline more today and given more space for the likes of Hendrick or Bryson to get forward..

Bryson really suffered today, without trying to knock him, he's so limited.. He's not quick, creative or particularly strong.. Just a neat passer who drifts in and out of games. Today he was our creative outlet in the middle and clearly this role is beyond him. In a 4-4-1-1 or 4-5-1 he was basically playing the 'Commons' role and the two couldn't be further apart in terms of creativity. Also I feel sorry for Brayford, he just doesn't look like that attacking fullback everyone used to rave about.. He spends far more time glued in his RB position instead of getting forward.

If there are any positives to take from this, it's the fact that we know how to improve and what's missing.. A decent RW who can offer creativity and another creative player in the middle and we'll take that next step.

We're not going to invest in the summer.. no matter how much we bang on and moan! as for the game, as said previously we had our moments and played some decent football but on the whole completely out-muscled and was an accomplished performance from a better side that got the win, no arguments!

The only thing we've got out of that game is a kick up the arse, hopefully we come out fighting against Barnsley who can't field a side of the same quality!

I thought Hendrick, Bryson and Bailey did alright considering, Ward pretty much played the same sort of game against Stokes worst outfield player and perhaps could of done better with their goals, but they kept us completely out.. and didn't look like scoring in honesty!

Nothing to say, the only way we was going to win this is if Stoke had an off day, they didn't... they were very accomplished from back to front and the quality between the teams was the difference, not the effort nor the age or anything else.. just the quality!

stoke never got out of first gear. we were up against it ,but we didnt have a go!! glad i didnt go.

well if you'd bothered you'd know you were talking b0loocks.

We had a good go the last 20 mins of the first half and the first 20 of the second, but we just weren't good enough. football-wise we outplayed them for that period, but they were too physically strong and we lacked creativity in midfield particularly.

Nigel Clough has just said the first goal was clearly offside?

At first I thought Huth scored, but it was indeed Cameron Jerome, if we didn't have anyone on the posts maybe he has a point?

He also said we were excellent at times.. Not sure about that? Excellent at what, not shooting or retaining possession.. We had a few neat passing exchanges and a few runs from Jamie Ward, but that was it..

Nigel baffles me at times.

Maybe Nigel could explain why we only have enough players to put one up front, cup upsets are made by teams looking to attack, we looked like we were happy to take a bore draw from the outset.

70 minutes gone and without a shot on target, 3 subs had been used and yet this was by stoke, we bring on tyson without enough time to warm up let alone influence the game.

To top things off we bring the fat boy on for some unknown reason with a few minutes to go, great message to send out.

Next time nige if you have no interest in winning let us know before hand to save us the bother of turning up!!

Nigel Clough has just said the first goal was clearly offside?

At first I thought Huth scored, but it was indeed Cameron Jerome, if we didn't have anyone on the posts maybe he has a point?

He also said we were excellent at times.. Not sure about that? Excellent at what, not shooting or retaining possession.. We had a few neat passing exchanges and a few runs from Jamie Ward, but that was it..

Nigel baffles me at times.

Jerome was a yard off. Clear as day.

The handball the ref missed in the second half was a joke as well.

Greeny let Huth get the better of him three times from set pieces, they scored from 2 and hit the post with the other. That was the difference.

Frankie could have done a bit better with their second but greeny can't make the same mistake three times in a game and expect to get away with it.

I agree we didn't create a massive amount but for about 35-40 minutes it was quality watching us passing it around.

Bris and Mcsilks baffle me at times.

Not sure what you're expecting from this side, not just yet anyway.

Feel you two are to hard on the players. Agree about a new right winger, central midfielder with a physical presence and a goal scoring pacy forward. But, we haven't got them now, and for what we've got we're doing excellently. Really pleased for the squad at the mo, full of youth and showing they've got a future.

Ambitious, what makes you think we won't sign anyone in the summer?

well if you'd bothered you'd know you were talking b0loocks.

We had a good go the last 20 mins of the first half and the first 20 of the second, but we just weren't good enough. football-wise we outplayed them for that period, but they were too physically strong and we lacked creativity in midfield particularly.

Fully agree. And I'll add the ref was shambolic, as well as the linesman. Their first goal was offside and in the build up to their second, there were some clear handballs which were ignored. And how the linesman missed another handball straight in front of him, I'll never know. Poor, poor ref who obviously favoured an unspectacular prem team and Pulis really ought to sit down and keep his toys in his pram.

Stoke resorted to cheating to win a match which we never gave up trying in. The lads walked off the pitch, heads held high, good for them.

Quotes of the match from someone not far from us - Pulis, sit down ya **** and Feck off back to the circus Crouch.

Bris and Mcsilks baffle me at times.

Not sure what you're expecting from this side, not just yet anyway.

Feel you two are to hard on the players. Agree about a new right winger, central midfielder with a physical presence and a goal scoring pacy forward. But, we haven't got them now, and for what we've got we're doing excellently. Really pleased for the squad at the mo, full of youth and showing they've got a future.

Ambitious, what makes you think we won't sign anyone in the summer?

I didn't say we won't sign anyone in the summer but in similar style to the beginning of your post, we have a board that are trying to cut back and make us compete off our own back people will obviously be moaning wanting a 3million pound striker here, a 2 million pound defender there...etc etc and my point was to say, we aren't going to make these sorts of signings, I can see 4-5 players coming in, maybe even 1 more million pound man but anyone expecting anything different from the last few years are just fooling themselves.

Archived