Tomasz Cywka

CumbrianRam

I bet Tom can't believe his luck that Reading are in for him - he gets to leave a club with no money, no ambition and which plays the dullest football in the Championship to go to a club that plays great football with a talented manager who is about to be given millions of quid by the new owner. If I was him I'd be sending our stubborn dullard manager a 'Ha Ha **** you' text message. Good luck Tom - you never got the chance you deserved.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet Tom can't believe his luck that Reading are in for him - he gets to leave a club with no money, no ambition and which plays the dullest football in the Championship to go to a club that plays great football with a talented manager who is about to be given millions of quid by the new owner. If I was him I'd be sending our stubborn dullard manager a 'Ha Ha **** you' text message. Good luck Tom - you never got the chance you deserved.

Might be dull football m8 ( I go every game ) but we're the only championship club undefeated in 2012 so far 4 clean sheets in 5 is not to be laughed at this is still a transitional period on the bare bones now and hopefully once a few more leave nige will recruite these flair players in the summer ( most importantly a right mid! ) and a promising young lb. the good football will come.

And if you think we're bad in 11th try watching forest or Coventry were a damn sight better! ( don't forget we're a young side m8! )

I bet Tom can't believe his luck that Reading are in for him - he gets to leave a club with no money, no ambition and which plays the dullest football in the Championship to go to a club that plays great football with a talented manager who is about to be given millions of quid by the new owner.

For a club with no ambition, money and ***** football i'd say we're doing pretty well. Look down the A52, ambition and money aren't always a good thing.

I don't get the negativity, i'm really happy with us being in the top half for now. Don't recall many January's in the past decade where we are sat in the top half, unbeaten in 6 with pretty good foundations to crack on. Normally getting dragged into a dogfight by this time most years.

Think its a shame but I guess Clough just lost what patience he had left with him. Its obvious that Clough has been doing a ruthless squad trim down once again and must have decided some time in December, maybe once we started picking up points again, that the squad needed another makeover. He started with Riggott and Anderson and has this month gone about a massive clear out of playing staff, not seen anywhere else in the football league I would bet. Bywater has gone, Pearson has gone, Martin has gone, Leacock has gone, Croft has been shifted up to Scotland. Clough has cleared the decks in a ruthless fashion.

Cwyka was always a gamble signing, like most of the young players Clough has brought to the club to work with. Some players worked, others diden't. Cywka never got a game at Wigan and was let go there. He was more effective last year with Bueno and Commons, when we were buzzing and teams haden't sussed out how to deal with our 4231 system. When we plunged down the table last winter and the system was changed, the likes of Cwyka and Bueno lost their way. Clough wanted (relegation) battlers and still does.

He will be a gamble for Reading too, like he was for us, could be a good move him. We may get a small fee in Russion notes as well

which is more than we could of expected I suppose.

I should be amazed with the amount of people that want us to lose to Reading, and Cywka to play amazing, just to stick 2 fingers up at Clough, but I'm not.

Fans who want the team to do badly aren't fans at all in my eyes, and should go support someone else!!

I should be amazed with the amount of people that want us to lose to Reading, and Cywka to play amazing, just to stick 2 fingers up at Clough, but I'm not.

Fans who want the team to do badly aren't fans at all in my eyes, and should go support someone else!!

There is a difference between "want" and "expecting"

Surely more questions should be asked of readings ambition? Would you be happy with a player who despite being fit all seaason cant even geta himself on the bench at derby? Doubt he will play much there, kanu, kebe and mcanuff are much better players..

Wouldn't be too concerned abiut this, he'll be in the same position at another club!

Surely more questions should be asked of readings ambition? Would you be happy with a player who despite being fit all seaason cant even geta himself on the bench at derby? Doubt he will play much there, kanu, kebe and mcanuff are much better players..

Wouldn't be too concerned abiut this, he'll be in the same position at another club!

Couldn't give a toss about Readings ambition, I'm not a Reading fan. What I'm seeing here is a player that has played well before and can easily play well again being sold to a rival for the playoffs.

Couldn't give a toss about Readings ambition, I'm not a Reading fan. What I'm seeing here is a player that has played well before and can easily play well again being sold to a rival for the playoffs.

I wouldn't worry about this, he doesn't fit in as it is.. I do like Cywka but whats the point in him hanging around if he isn't going to get a game, Clough watches him train day in day out, he knows his ability and he obviously isn't showing enough to warrent a place on the bench, as Clough said he picks a team on merit, the players who are left out are left out for a reason and the players who are picked are picked for a reason, for all we know he could turn up to training half arsed and disinterested so how good would morale be if he started getting picked when he clearly isn't putting the effort in? Clough commeted on how well and hard Doyle is training and he is struggling to get in a the minute, someone prepared to put the effort in is much more useful than someone who isn't!

However if Reading want to switch i'll take any of their wingers in replacement, can't see tommy getting on the bench there to be honest, unless there is injury!

Disagree. Under the right management, Tomasz could be a revelation and McDermott seems to be the sort of manager who gets the best out of his players. Apparently he is at the Madejski this morning discussing terms.

I also recall that Clough signed Fielding, Brayford, Barker, Shackell, Bailey, Bryson and Ward. He's made a few poor signings as well and that's what happens at most Clubs. If Tommy feels the need to text NC along the lines you suggest, then all well and good. Personally, I suspect he would be above that. That's not to say that some "fans" wouldn't like it to happen though. After all, Clough has done nothing so far, has he. OK, the team is higher placed than previously and we haven't lost a game for some time and he could make millions of pounds profit if he sold some of the players he's signed - but hey, let's concentrate on Tommy or get back to why Hulse and Moxey left . Let's not move on. Let's just be negative as often as possible.

Disagree. Under the right management, Tomasz could be a revelation and McDermott seems to be the sort of manager who gets the best out of his players. Apparently he is at the Madejski this morning discussing terms.

If they're that confident of making it work, as I said I wouldn't mind Robson Kanu or Jimmy Kebe as a replacement for Cywka, I can't see him being anything other than 3rd choice right winger OR being played out of position, my gut tells me unless one of those leave, he'll be in the same boat!

He isn't in the team because he isn't good enough, why would it be any different at Reading where they have better wingers than us anyway!

We're a business, that needs to generate and save money, never more so than at the moment.

He's not seen as good enough for our first team.

Therefore, he's deemed not good enough to be a threat at a rival team.

We have an opportunity to sell him and get rid of his wages.

So sell him. If it's a mistake, it'll all come out in the wash, then lambast Clough.

Effectively this is the same situation as Pearson - people just think Cwyka is a better player (and some just love fighting his corner after the Pompey away game last year).

Honestly, the way half of you talk you'd think you'd managed at this level.

We're a business, that needs to generate and save money, never more so than at the moment.

He's not seen as good enough for our first team.

Therefore, he's deemed not good enough to be a threat at a rival team.

We have an opportunity to sell him and get rid of his wages.

So sell him. If it's a mistake, it'll all come out in the wash, then lambast Clough.

Effectively this is the same situation as Pearson - people just think Cwyka is a better player (and some just love fighting his corner after the Pompey away game last year).

Honestly, the way half of you talk you'd think you'd managed at this level.

Totally agree. Also when was the last time he had a good game for us? 14 months ago? I know he hasn't played as often as some would have liked but even when he has, he hasn't played to a good enough standard to keep his place. Good luck to him and thanks for the few decent games you had.

Archived