Tomasz Cywka

CumbrianRam

i agree with some of that bris but what did you mean by the jim smith sides i wont go there???

the side with eranio and biano was probabbly the most creative derby side ive seen with my own eyes...they had a connection that was almost telepathic...marvelous to watch! asanovic??cmon man

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob Lee - creative? Jesus H Christ. I loved the bloke at Derby, but I wouldn't say he was creative.

This feels like an argument for arguments sake.

You're right, he wasn't creative.. Did score a peach of a long ranger at home to Reading in our first season back in the Championship

i agree with some of that bris but what did you mean by the jim smith sides i wont go there???

the side with eranio and biano was probabbly the most creative derby side ive seen with my own eyes...they had a connection that was almost telepathic...marvelous to watch! asanovic??cmon man

I know, the comments 'I wont even go there' means there's no comparison to be made.. Jim Smiths side would waltz this lot by 4 or 5 at any ground..

Rob Lee - creative? Jesus H Christ. I loved the bloke at Derby, but I wouldn't say he was creative.

This feels like an argument for arguments sake.

No not Bris surely.

Noticed not commenting on the poor quality of Barker lately seeing as he is now fully fit and playing well.

I disagree about the creativity part of this arguement. I have seen on a number of occaisions lovely interlinking 1or 2 touch football in the corners leading to opportunities in the box. The fact that we do not score many heading goals suggest that the goals are created in some other way.

Just because we do not have household names does not make them as less creative.

barazite was deffo creative but didnt play enuff, commons was creative but didnt play enough till clough came in and tyrone mears?? he was our version of piere van hoojdonk??? he wasnt as good as he thought he was..remember the story about him playing for england???hahaha

I'm 23.. And this is the least creative dcfc team I've ever seen.. Who do we have that's creative? Ward, who occasionally beats his man and puts in a cross.. (I do like Ward, but Tommy Smith was better and he wasn't even our most creative player during both George Burley and Phil Browns reign)..

Billy Davies for all his faults had little sparks in Lupoli, Barnes and Jones that is easily more creative than anything we've got..

All of Jim Smiths sides, I won't even go there..

Paul Jewells side.. Barazite, Commons, even Tyrone Mears could create something..

Who else is missing? John Gregory? Colin Todd? Erm we still had Kinkladze, Christie, Lee Morris, Rob Lee.. They were marginally more creative than this lot.

So yes I stand by my statement, least creative dcfc I've ever seen.. My general excitement comes from Ward beating a man (I'd say his battles with the RBs this season stands around 60%-40% in his favour) John Brayford crossing the halfway line (this has dropped dramatically since 2010) and Theo Robinson fooling every man and his dog by doing his trademark 'air shot'

I agree - Nigel's style is real 'meat & potatoes' football - basic, does the job but doesn't really provide excitement or interest. Even with the way the team has picked up I just cannot be bothered to spend my money watching such dull uninspiring football. I know Nigel is limited in his options but there has to be a place in the team for genuinely creative talent. I think Cwyka has been treated very unfairly to be honest - I hope he comes back to haunt Clough at some point because he deserves better.

No not Bris surely.

Noticed not commenting on the poor quality of Barker lately seeing as he is now fully fit and playing well.

I disagree about the creativity part of this arguement. I have seen on a number of occaisions lovely interlinking 1or 2 touch football in the corners leading to opportunities in the box. The fact that we do not score many heading goals suggest that the goals are created in some other way.

Just because we do not have household names does not make them as less creative.

The fact that we're about 3rd in the table for the least number of shots might also give some leeway.. What has Barker got to do with anything, or are you suggesting he's creative?

OK then Pep, tell me which team in the past 15 years or so has been less creative than this side?

Rotherhams next genius line.. 'Just because we don't score goals, continually have less shots than our opposition and have one of the fewest shot counts in the league doesn't mean we're not creative'

'Oh, and Ben Davies is creative.. Look he has 8 assists, all coming either off his backside, through a heavy touch that was so bad it went about 3 meters away from him or a scuffed shot that got blocked to our prolific Theo'

billys side wasnt creative either mate....a lot of 1-0s

very direct and effective but creative isnt how id describe the team...even with lupoli and barnes in..lets not forget lupoli was used as a sub a lot

I agree lupoli and Barnes had flair but creative?

Barnes scored 8 goals in his best season for us. Theo has scored as many already. With Theo, elegant he aint, but in terms of end product he is as effective as Barnes at his best. Sure Barnes step overs and dribbles were good to watch, but he was a showboater and anyway his career was ruined by injury.

Exactly, you're only as good as what you can get down on paper...

at the end of the season if player a has got 4 goals and 7 assists and player b has got 8 goals and 10 assists then no matter what, player B has been the better player for you, because stats that determine where you end up.

You can have 40 near misses in a game, and the other team 1-0, you don't get the points for nearly scoring 40 goals.. you get fook all! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Exactly, you're only as good as what you can get down on paper...

at the end of the season if player a has got 4 goals and 7 assists and player b has got 8 goals and 10 assists then no matter what, player B has been the better player for you, because stats that determine where you end up.

You can have 40 near misses in a game, and the other team 1-0, you don't get the points for nearly scoring 40 goals.. you get fook all! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Ben Davies has more assists than Jamie Ward.. Darren Bent scored more goals than Drogba.. Oh yes, follow those stats.

It's a results game - and we're getting good results, so I can't see what you're trying to prove. We're not going to be barcelona, but the team will put blood, sweat and tears into trying to win a game, and thats what i go to see.

I don't know about tears, possibly blood, always sweat ( I should hope so anyway )

OK then Pep, tell me which team in the past 15 years or so has been less creative than this side?

I think this teams a bit more creative than Phil Browns team of 600 loanees.

I don't know about tears, possibly blood, always sweat ( I should hope so anyway )

I think this teams a bit more creative than Phil Browns team of 600 loanees.

Yes I remember games under John gregory and Paul jewell when we hardly had a shot on goal. And George Burley apart from that one season when we got in the play offs. And Bily Ds teams hardly battered the opposition

We create more chances from the pace at which we play. Sometimes this ,means we lose the ball too so can be scrappy.

yeah I d like to add a bit of flair to this side. But who knows how far hard graft and a good defence can take you? the play offs are a possibility.

I'm 23.. And this is the least creative dcfc team I've ever seen.. Who do we have that's creative? Ward, who occasionally beats his man and puts in a cross.. (I do like Ward, but Tommy Smith was better and he wasn't even our most creative player during both George Burley and Phil Browns reign)..

I might end up taking one for the school here. I'll even wager I'll get slaughtered by some for being arrogant.. it's definitely probably not the right thread... but feck it.... hey ho and here goes....

23? twennie fecking three??

Honestly I've never been so knocked out by someone admitting how old they were.

Bris - I dont mean to be rude bonnie lad - but your arrogance on the way the game should be played and the "advice" you dole out while trying to sound like the font of all knowledge.

You haven't earned the right mate.

I've forgotten more footy games than you've seen in your life upto now and I'm not ancient at 39. I mean actual games as well and not those on the radio, or on here. I'm sure I'm a pup as well when it comes to some of the lads on here. I'm pretty sure as well that it won't only be me on here who has been in an around dressing rooms at the top level for years and yet I wouldnt dream of spouting some of the stuff you come out with.

Pipe down fella, you dont know as much as you think.

Archived