Tomasz Cywka

CumbrianRam

Since he was critised he has made what, 12 starts, and most of them when we had no choice.

It dont take a mastermind to work out that he is not leaving based purely on his footballing talent, however this happens at most clubs, managers fall out with players all the time, look at Jamie Ward for instance.

The only issue I have with all these players leaving, is will we have enough players to put on the bench for Sat, I know Buxton takes up 2 seats, so that only leaves another 5, lets hope that we can get a few perm replacements in.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely more questions should be asked of readings ambition? Would you be happy with a player who despite being fit all seaason cant even geta himself on the bench at derby? Doubt he will play much there, kanu, kebe and mcanuff are much better players..

Wouldn't be too concerned abiut this, he'll be in the same position at another club!

I think Cywka is a good player so I'd say its decent ambition, if only as a squad player. Much like the Jamie Ward scenario, he was/is a good player but wasn't playing for a club who were relegated and I still thought it an excellent signing at the time.

In all seriousness, would love to see Robson Kanu come in from Reading... if Cwyka is even going to make the bench never mind the team he is going to have to get in over him, so why don't we make that decision easy for them and take him off their hands?

No. Robson Kanu is a winger. Cwyka is an attacking midfielder. Reading's success of late has been done to their wingers. Cwyka will give them another option and will complement players like Kanu and Kebe. Shrewd move on Reading's part.

No. Robson Kanu is a winger. Cwyka is an attacking midfielder. Reading's success of late has been done to their wingers. Cwyka will give them another option and will complement players like Kanu and Kebe. Shrewd move on Reading's part.

So you believe Cywka to be a good attacking midfielder? through the middle, far to lightweight and far to easy to mark completely out the game.

He doesn't have enough about him to control the game from the middle of the pitch, sorry to say.

In my opinion, his strengths are his technical ability and his ability to beat his man which lets face it, is the reason people like him.

His weaknesses are his end product, he doesn't work for the team will not track back and doesn't like to defend, and he is lightweight which is where most of the problems stem from.

He is effective if he can find space, but doesn't do it all that often.

I think my thoughts on Cwyka as a footballer, are a bit clouded by my immense sympathy for him when he got lambasted on the radio by Cloughie and his behaviour afterwards, he just comes across as a nice guy.

We will obviously moan when we see he's scored - although we will not think about him when he doesn't. Goes for all our 'old' players.

I wish him well.

He doesn't have enough about him to control the game from the middle of the pitch, sorry to say.

Since when do attacking midfielders control the game, even the greats like Messi dont, they can influence or change it, but they dont control it.

I still dont understand why all our players are leaving on free's to other Championship/League 1 clubs? When do you ever see other teams doing this on such a large scale?

They're worth something, get some money for them.

They are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them, better off out of the club for nothing and taking a weekly wage.

I still dont understand why all our players are leaving on free's to other Championship/League 1 clubs? When do you ever see other teams doing this on such a large scale?

They're worth something, get some money for them.

My thoughts exactly, when do we ever get championship quality players for nothing......ok so maybe Tyson!!

Thats 3 players in over the last few years, we have just given more than that away in 1 week!

Why are we not asking Reading for a fee, haven't they just been given 10million to spend?

Because we said he can leave on a free, hence why Reading have come in, it didnt happen the other way round.

Thats 3 players in over the last few years, we have just given more than that away in 1 week!

Why are we not asking Reading for a fee, haven't they just been given 10million to spend?

Maybe, just maybe, the people running Reading are a little smarter than the people runnng Derby.

Several websites were suggesting a nominal fee for him, surely he's not on a big wage so I would of thought it would be worth keeping him.

Now that i dont disagree on, but given that he has fallen out become a poor player (not IMO) since Feb last year and cant even get on the bench, is it worth keeping him.

Now that i dont disagree on, but given that he has fallen out become a poor player (not IMO) since Feb last year and cant even get on the bench, is it worth keeping him.

At the minute we have players who would come in ahead of him but if we were to lose a couple to injury(Stoke match??) then surely his services would be required. If Maguire goes aswell then we will have no backup in attacking areas....Sorry I forgot about Connor Doyle(is he attack minded??).

Reading are set to complete the signing of Derby County's Tomasz Cywka on a free transfer, BBC Sport understands.

Cywka, 23, signed for Derby in June 2010 after a loan spell there having began his career at Wigan in 2006.

He has made nine appearances for Derby this season and was set to sign for Polish club Slask Wroclaw last week.

The forward will arrive in the same week Reading announced a takeover and is expected to be unveiled on Thursday along with Jason Roberts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16377058.stm

Archived