Tomasz Cywka

CumbrianRam

When our good run does come to an end which it will at some point there are going to be alot of "I told you so's" Its always the same ppl who cant see any positives, I just dont get it???

I suppose they have got more ambition for Derby then me, dont get me wrong I want us in the prem but I dont want it yesterday I'm quite happy how Nige and Glicky are going about it!

How are they going about it?

We have a squad so small that a few injuries will mean we cant fill the bench or having to play 15 year olds who are are no where near ready yet. Its took us three seasons to get the back 4 to be capable of stringing 4 odd clean sheets together. We are 11th, its not like we are flying high is it.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are they not going about it the right way?

We have a group of players working together for each other and for the manager, the youth squad has come on so much since Nige has been in charge so much so we are willing now to give them a chance when we need to.

I dont think he has been given the resources (no dig at Glicky) to get the back four the standard you want it in one season (what struggling side has done in one season?)

11th not bad never said we are top of the championship or anything like that but its nice looking at the playoff instead of over our shoulders at relegation eh???

We have a group of players working together for each other and for the manager, the youth squad has come on so much since Nige has been in charge so much so we are willing now to give them a chance when we need to.

I dont think he has been given the resources (no dig at Glicky) to get the back four the standard you want it in one season (what struggling side has done in one season?)

11th not bad never said we are top of the championship or anything like that but its nice looking at the playoff instead of over our shoulders at relegation eh???

That is far too sensible!!!!

I would hope we could get a back 4 organised to decent midtable championship level in less than 3 years if im being honest and to be fair he has spent nearly 2 and half million on it. Yes the youth are getting there chance but thats because we havent got much choice, people seem to think that if your young you always go on and get better when thats not the case, look at the amount of youth players who have made it into our first team over the last 10 years or so, there is one playing in the top flight. Lets rejoice the players are working for each other and the manager, isnt that pretty much with most teams.

I would hope we could get a back 4 organised to decent midtable championship level in less than 3 years if im being honest and to be fair he has spent nearly 2 and half million on it. Yes the youth are getting there chance but thats because we havent got much choice, people seem to think that if your young you always go on and get better when thats not the case, look at the amount of youth players who have made it into our first team over the last 10 years or so, there is one playing in the top flight. Lets rejoice the players are working for each other and the manager, isnt that pretty much with most teams.

Like ive already said with the resources given to Nige IMO he hasn't done too bad there is only Moxey who has been moved on who Nige has brought in (defence wise)

In past we have used the emergency loan market to back up our squad this season were using our youth in my eyes that's an improvent.

The team playing for each other and the manager should be a given but it hasn't been like that in the recent past maybe I'm just trying to look for positives? But I really don't think it is bad as you and many on here think?

I don't think it's bad, we have been worse but I don't think it's very good either and don't think there is anything wrong with people expressing that. We all would love a team built of players that have come through the ranks flying high, but sadly a group of youth players only there chance if there is no other option or If they are the beckam, scholes, nevilles group that come along once in a life time. I'm hoping Nigel has not got the solid base he has been looking for an can add some real cutting edge next summer. I'm hoping that's why he is clearing the decks now and maybe spending some of this season kitty on paying some off ready for the summer

We agree!!!! I also don't think it's that bad however I think it's quite good but of course it can always be better! Never said there is anything wrong with having a different opinion (isn't that what forums are about?) I also hope Nige doesn't think the defence is done IMO new left back and maybe some back up players although Naylor might be that?

Don't understand what your trying to get across about the youth? Is it not good that they are providing the cover instead of using other teams players? Also nice to see Nige giving a go must see something in them unlike previous managers?

Archived