Tomasz Cywka

CumbrianRam

I meant that I've followed them closely since their incredible 0-2 home deficit to win the Chilean Apertura against another solid team in Universidad Catolica (1-4 away).. and their incredible 30 + game unbeaten run. It was funny actually, just after I was bigging them up in the betting thread Tim Vickers came out with an article on the BBC dedicated for them..

As for Eduardo Vargas I saw it coming last July.. Though I didn't play a part in his transfer unfortunately.. I was thinknig of emailing the club about him, but I thought with him being foreign and extremely technical he wouldn't really fit into NCs plans.

oh

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without money to spend on fees and wages its always gonna be a long hard haul.

The winning goal against Coventry was beautiful in its simplicity - if thats what Clough is trying to achieve then, I'm in.

In the meantime, results will do

I agree with this. I understand that the role of any forum is to attract different views on the same subject - and this one could run! I'm not sure anyone can be 100% correct on this kind of issue though. It's pretty clear that Bris knows his stuff but he hasn't had the " benefit" of watching some of the carp that has been dished out over the 50 years that I've been watching.

My therapist has helped me to remove much of it from my senses but it wouldn't take much to revitalise thoughts of the mid 60s, Docherty's teams, pre and post Cox eras and some of the the more modern stuff. As Utch says, we're winning games, half way up the league - and still we have no money to improve things. It's not easy on the eye but there's nothing new about that. My guess is that more people want success than style. That's of little comfort to the purists. Clough has concentrated on the defensive part of the team to keep us up, keep himself in a job and keep a large percentage of Rams fans fairly happy. I'm sure he'd love a few more motivated "flair" players. He had a great touch himself as a player. The problem is that there aren't many about and they cost a lot more than we've got in our purse.

Talking of flair, success and playing without your best players, did anyone see Soton last night? And they are [were] top of the league? Just goes to show how different things can be when you can't put your best team out. I didn't hear the Soton fans singing out loud about style being everything. Most had cleared off before the final whistle. These fans take some pleasing, don't they 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

You'll get me biting if you're not careful..

The majorit of the football I watch isn't on Sky.. I follow 3 clubs here in Mexico, one I've seen a few times and the other I know from the academy up to the top.. I even sounded out a youth player for NC, he moved to Europe 6 months later.. I've followed the Sudamerica and the Libertadores for 2 years, I've made a small fortune on Universidad de Chile and recommended half of their squad.. One in particular has been arranged to sign for Napoli for over $10mill.

Not to mention I'm a forum member of a Segunda B side Real Valladolid and use La Segunda to make me a few coppers too..

Zenit, Shakthar, Benfica, Porto, Milan, Olympiakos, Sparta Prague, PSV, Besiktas.. I've seen them all on numerous occasions this season alone and I could give you information on styles of play, tactics, key players, youth players, kit colours, potential signings you name it..

I've mentioned before I'm a football fan first, and my opinion is just that, an opinion..

Back to DCFC and Cywka then.. Still think he'd be far more effective centrally.

I can see now why you seem to be frustrated by Derby County. Most of the football you admire is played by teams who over pass for the sake of it in my opinion. I actually find it quite boring. That is not to say I don't like and want to see good passing football rather than aimless long balls but I couldn't watch the majority of what you admire for very long. The relentless patterns coupled with a lack of commitment send me to sleep.

The fact that we're about 3rd in the table for the least number of shots might also give some leeway.. What has Barker got to do with anything, or are you suggesting he's creative?

OK then Pep, tell me which team in the past 15 years or so has been less creative than this side?

Rotherhams next genius line.. 'Just because we don't score goals, continually have less shots than our opposition and have one of the fewest shot counts in the league doesn't mean we're not creative'

'Oh, and Ben Davies is creative.. Look he has 8 assists, all coming either off his backside, through a heavy touch that was so bad it went about 3 meters away from him or a scuffed shot that got blocked to our prolific Theo'

You just like to argue. However over the last 10 yrs

The league position and goal difference suggests that there has been less creative teams and also defensively week teams.

2010-11 19th -19GD 49pts

2009-10 14th -10GD 56pts

2008-09 18th -12GD 54pts

2007-08 Last prem league -69pts scored 20 goals worst team ever label would suggest that this was at least the worst team at Derby - just a suggestion (Davies/Jewell hold this title by a long way)

2006-07 3rd +16 84pts with an average of only 1.35 goals per game not very creative but good defensively.

2005-06 20th -14th 50pts

2004-05 4th +11GD 76pts

2003-04 20th -14GD 52pts

2002-03 18th -19GD 52pts

2001-02 19th in prem -30GD 30pts, did not even score a goal a game in that season either so again would suggest another Derby team that is less creative.

So in the last 10yrs we have had a 3rd and a 4th and these were the only times we have had a positive GD. Apart from these in the last 10yrs we have struggled in the Championship and Clough as the 3rd highest position in the Championship. We have two nightmare seasons. The worst team in Derby History belongs to Jewell and Davies. The season of 2001/02 was the start of the managerial merry-go-round that season alone we had Jim Smith, Todd, a caretaker and Gregory.

This season after 27games we are 2pts of play off. We have scored 31 goals and conceeded 33 goals and we are on 41pts and 17pts in front Forest.

At the same point last season 9pts off play off on 34pts having scored only 8 more goals but conceeded 6 more goals then this season. This is with Commons, Bueno, Hulse etc here. (scored 39 conceeded 39). We were also 9pts behind Forest.

Now any Derby fan I hope would want our current position also a 'football fan first' I would imagine also would have to agree that this seasons position is better.

Yes we have had more creative players in the past but what have they really achieved over the last 10yrs. You say Barnsley a better team and they would finish above us but currently 5 pts away and their fans are not happy as they have lost Drinkwater and Butterworth their creative players and they were hammered by Millwall.

In respect of Barker you have slated him throughout his injury and last season when playing with injury. Now that he is fully fit you have not commented on him because I think you realise that is one argument to far.

You have managed to turn this thread as most threads you enter into an argument.

I know, the comments 'I wont even go there' means there's no comparison to be made.. Jim Smiths side would waltz this lot by 4 or 5 at any ground..

I notice we're only a year apart in age. If you can't remember, or have never seen a less creative Derby side...you're lucky.

can't have a chicken without an egg...... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' /> 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

No but where did that chicken come from?? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

The egg came first because the reptiles.

For god sake 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> whatta muppet 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> I mean to say where did the egg come from? :L (sorry i've been up since 4 this morning)

metamorphasis from reptiles to first birds..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

metamorphasis from reptiles to first birds..... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

You've just answered a burning question that I've been wanting to know all my life so thank you 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' /> .....however it has ruined of my memories of when I was at school and we used to argue about this constantly!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

A discussion about Tommy Cywka has evolved into one about, well, evolution.... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':huh:' />

The mods on here need to get a grip....errr,...oh....sorry.....as you were... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wacko:' />

I might end up taking one for the school here. I'll even wager I'll get slaughtered by some for being arrogant.. it's definitely probably not the right thread... but feck it.... hey ho and here goes....

23? twennie fecking three??

Honestly I've never been so knocked out by someone admitting how old they were.

Bris - I dont mean to be rude bonnie lad - but your arrogance on the way the game should be played and the "advice" you dole out while trying to sound like the font of all knowledge.

You haven't earned the right mate.

I've forgotten more footy games than you've seen in your life upto now and I'm not ancient at 39. I mean actual games as well and not those on the radio, or on here. I'm sure I'm a pup as well when it comes to some of the lads on here. I'm pretty sure as well that it won't only be me on here who has been in an around dressing rooms at the top level for years and yet I wouldnt dream of spouting some of the stuff you come out with.

Pipe down fella, you dont know as much as you think.

Got to say I am nearly 50 as I said previously and I agree with Bris this current side is crying out for some creative players (2 or 3 ?) this is least exciting team and what makes it worse is that the yanks and the management have got a lot of you convinced that this is good enough and it is what we deserve.

(For F--ks sake we are in the top 10 to 20 best supported teams in the country) why can't we expect to see exciting, creative winning football on a budget other teams seem to manage it.

I can't belive you would dismiss someones comments because of their age, surely a younger person who watches Derby and other teams live and on tv is just as capable of telling good football from bad as someone who is twice his age. I have replied to your comments with restraint but if I was Bris or some of the younger lads I would would not be to happy with comments.

c'mon u RAMS

Got to say I am nearly 50 as I said previously and I agree with Bris this current side is crying out for some creative players (2 or 3 ?) this is least exciting team and what makes it worse is that the yanks and the management have got a lot of you convinced that this is good enough and it is what we deserve.

(For F--ks sake we are in the top 10 to 20 best supported teams in the country) why can't we expect to see exciting, creative winning football on a budget other teams seem to manage it.

I can't belive you would dismiss someones comments because of their age, surely a younger person who watches Derby and other teams live and on tv is just as capable of telling good football from bad as someone who is twice his age. I have replied to your comments with restraint but if I was Bris or some of the younger lads I would would not be to happy with comments.

c'mon u RAMS

I understand what you are saying but which other teams "manage it" and have success with financial restrictions like ours over the last 5 years?

I'd like to suggest that the team we got promoted with last time under the scottish mentalist was at least as un-creative as this one...

I would like to see us more creative BUT you can't argue with putting together a team from the back... this team just needs 1/2 other creative players to support ward and then we could be a very serious team...

Cywka should stay though... may fall out with Nigel over this one unless he gives me some kind of justification...

You'll get me biting if you're not careful..

The majorit of the football I watch isn't on Sky.. I follow 3 clubs here in Mexico, one I've seen a few times and the other I know from the academy up to the top.. I even sounded out a youth player for NC, he moved to Europe 6 months later.. I've followed the Sudamerica and the Libertadores for 2 years, I've made a small fortune on Universidad de Chile and recommended half of their squad.. One in particular has been arranged to sign for Napoli for over $10mill.

Not to mention I'm a forum member of a Segunda B side Real Valladolid and use La Segunda to make me a few coppers too..

Zenit, Shakthar, Benfica, Porto, Milan, Olympiakos, Sparta Prague, PSV, Besiktas.. I've seen them all on numerous occasions this season alone and I could give you information on styles of play, tactics, key players, youth players, kit colours, potential signings you name it..

I've mentioned before I'm a football fan first, and my opinion is just that, an opinion..

Back to DCFC and Cywka then.. Still think he'd be far more effective centrally.

Ay up Bris

Who is the player who has moved to Europe after you 'sounded him out'? who did he move to?

Have you been working with this other club's academy then? what are they like over there?

Archived